I'm going to New York

I'm going to New York for about a week in the end of this month, and I was just wondering if anyone has any places/stores/activities to recommend while being there? :)

Also, I really would like to find some good second hand record stores in the city as well. I'm mainly looking for stores where it wouldn't be impossible to find vinyl albums/singles by bands such as Suede(, The Smiths), Placebo and David Bowie. Stuff categorized as some kind of alternative music, I guess.
Hope you get what kind of stores I'm thinking of.

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to New York for about a week in the end of this month, and I was just wondering if anyone has any places/stores/activities to recommend while being there? :)

Also, I really would like to find some good second hand record stores in the city as well. I'm mainly looking for stores where it wouldn't be impossible to find vinyl albums/singles by bands such as Suede(, The Smiths), Placebo and David Bowie. Stuff categorized as some kind of alternative music, I guess.
Hope you get what kind of stores I'm thinking of.

Thanks in advance!

I would love to go to New York!

Unless someone called me fat and then my trip would be ruined :rolleyes:

Sorry I can't offer more constructive advice, though.

Go to the best restaurant ever:

www.purefoodandwine.com

54 Irving Pl
New York, NY 10003
(212) 477-1010

pastrymiddle.jpg

Last edited:
The best place for small record shops is Greenwich Village. Many have closed in the past few years, but some remain. They are in and around the NYU area. Bleecker Bob's is one of the best known. Here is a listing and map I hope it helps. There are a few Virgin Megastores throughout the city, which are fun to browse, although you will not find anything special, just a fun place to go. Enjoy yourself while here.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2008/04/18/arts/18reco.web.html

Yay. We will one day soon.. From Morning Joe to Rachel Maddow, we'll stalk them all :D

dude, we must find Rachel. she is so turning me lez right now. I seriously have a crush on her. :o:p

did you see Sarah Silverman on Countdown last night? haha, she was the guest and she shook Keith's hand and then smelled her own hand all like she was turned on, it was hilarious :p

If you want to be insulted, you don't have to go that far, come to London:D

Americans love the Irish or so i am told.

All the years I have travelled to London no Cockney Wanker has ever insulted me :(
I was over for Wireless and they almost prostrated themselves with politeness :)

All the English are polite and deferential, just like the Americans!

Back
Top Bottom