I'm going to New York

Re: New York advice, please?

In no particular order - Top Of The Rock, High Line, Lower East Side, Liberty boat trip, Times Square, Grand Central...you'll have a great time.

Nice! Yeah we've got the high line penciled in our notebook too. I wanted get a subway all week pass too, apparo it's only about $30. Tomorrow we're off to hook and ladder 8 where Ghostbusters was shot then we're off for a slice of joes pizza then mcsorelys! Buh!

Nice! Yeah we've got the high line penciled in our notebook too. I wanted get a subway all week pass too, apparo it's only about $30. Tomorrow we're off to hook and ladder 8 where Ghostbusters was shot then we're off for a slice of joes pizza then mcsorelys! Buh!

Subway's ace. One thing I will say is we were taken aback by the number of down and outs, a lot due to lack of healthcare. We had a guy get on a subway begging for money because he had pancreatic cancer. The Tenement Museum is fabulous. Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. Go to Central Park. Tons to do. And I never, ever got the hang of tipping in restaurants and bars.

Yeah we're not used to tipping in the UK but it's a strong part of their culture and they can get quite angry if you're a stingy tipper. Just the way it is. I've been reading and it's about 15% and like a dollar per drink and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom