I'm going to New York

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
Me and the other half are looking to book a trip to NY soon for next xmas, does anyone live there who could recommend any good hotels/apartments places of interest that are off the beaten track that aren't too expensive in the cool parts of town? Don't know what borough to stay in either, we were looking at Manhattan or Brooklyn?

I need advice?

Thanks

Chickpea could help......

I've been to NY some 20 years ago, so no recent advice from me apart from the bits you already might know.

Have fun, Mozza. NY is a blast. I was there about five years ago and stayed at the Iroquois Hotel, which is in Manhattan. I was there on business so I didn't get to do as much as I wanted but I did manage to check out a few cool James Dean related landmarks. It's easy to get around by subway. I'm sure you'll get good advice from Chickpea so you can really plan a fantastic trip :)

Are you sure you want to be in NY during x-mas? Unpredictable, inclement weather and all that.

In any case, try airbnb. Cheaper than hotels. I also suggest Manhattan since it's right in the middle of the action. Fun town.

It's our first holiday abroad together and I've always wanted to go at xmas, about 5 days, nothing really flashy as we'll be out most of the time, we weren't looking to go to the usual spots too, rather go to do a bit of shopping in unusual shops and thrift stores and do a bit of photography and eat in some good authentic cheap places and drink in some nice bars and pubs.

Manhattan will be more expensive but nicer. dont knwo much about the area but i can tell you that much

"...highbrow for your tastes and budget"?

How absolutely low and unfunny.

Mozza, I'll ask one of my Philly buds who always seems to head to NYC for things. He knows his way around and always manages to find the best food places, things to do (off the beaten trail) and where the best vinyl stores are. I'll see if he can deliver an offering or two. I do know of a food truck that floats around up there (they have two now in different locales) that's really good: The Cinnamon Snail. You can check them out online via their Site if you Google 'em.

Cheers chuckie egg, that's very kind of you! :)

Have fun, Mozza. NY is a blast. I was there about five years ago and stayed at the Iroquois Hotel, which is in Manhattan. I was there on business so I didn't get to do as much as I wanted but I did manage to check out a few cool James Dean related landmarks. It's easy to get around by subway. I'm sure you'll get good advice from Chickpea so you can really plan a fantastic trip :)

Thanks for that! Yeah it's seems so overwhelming that you deffo need a plan if you visit the place, you can spend a full day just trying to get your bearings round the place

- - - Updated - - -

And absolutely true, if we are to be honest here.

Go take your fist and ram it up your old decrepit c*** until you bleed septic yeast you waste of space. You know f*** all about my cultural tastes and budget

Last edited:
And absolutely true, if we are to be honest here.

You don't know SHIT. She is an artist working in her field, MAKING MONEY being a designer. Her other pictures indicate she is quite sophisticated in things culinary and interior design wise and that she's family oriented and tuned into hip, stylish things and people doing cool shit. But you decided at some point that she is low brow and refuse to stray from that idea because you are a closed-minded robot set in your ways and beliefs pawning yourself as open-minded and forward thinking. But she says "f***" and "shit" and suddenly you know the balance of her bank account and the extent of her worldliness? She probably has more class in her little finger than you could study and PRETEND to have in your emaciated body. She does not brag about her riches, she just is, something you can't fathom doing because you do not know the essence of demure, the hallmark of sophistication. Demure bitches can say f***, they don't have to "act", they just are.

You're thoroughly a judgmental piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Go take your fist and ram it up your old decrepit c*** until you bleed septic yeast you waste of space. You know f*** all about my cultural tastes and budget

And this.

Uh, so...I guess I'll just pretend I'm not here. :straightface:

Mozza, if you legitimately want some suggestions for NYC stuff, let me know. All of this other shit, though...I'm not interested.

Back
Top Bottom