I'm against The Smiths reunion because...

I against The Smiths reunion because

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's best to leave The Smiths where they belong, the 1980's. I have a feeling if there actually was some reunion, it'd be disappointing. I think a reunion could taint the image we have of The Smiths, you know? You can't go backwards in time, you can only move forward and that's what they have done. I'm content with that.

What a waste of cyber space this poll is.......
A totally one sided poll apart from...
I'm against The Smiths reunion because...... ''hang on I am for the reunion'':rolleyes:

Surely the poll should have said ''The Smiths reunion..... you decide''

As for those thinking there will be a problem if Mike is there..........IF it happens (which I doubt) then we can assume that Morrissey and Marr have settled their differences.....
Just because Morrissey bares grudges, doesnt mean their fans have to bare those grudges too on his behalf:rolleyes:
Think for yourself.....

Jukebbox Jury

Last edited:
It'd never be a joyous one. I don't want to see The Smith unless all involved are into it and excited...not bribed with immense amounts of money.

Imagine cancellations....Smiffs hatred AND Moz's sicknesses. You'd all be in an uproar. I'd love to see them reformed, but I'd rather let it stay in my dreams.

It'd never be a joyous one. I don't want to see The Smith unless all involved are into it and excited...not bribed with immense amounts of money.

Imagine cancellations....Smiffs hatred AND Moz's sicknesses. You'd all be in an uproar. I'd love to see them reformed, but I'd rather let it stay in my dreams.

I didn't vote because I was torn... but I think this (^^^) sums up my thoughts.

Reunions are never a good idea. They are a nostalgia trip, nothing more than that.

Not strictly true. The consensus on Blur's current reunion is that they are playing better concerts than they've ever played before.

Take That's reunion has seen them become Britain's most successful band (in terms of record sales, concert sales and airplay). They're actually considerably more successful now than they were the first time around.

So the problem is not the concept of reunions, it's the dynamics within the Smiths. The hatred between Morrissey and Joyce Michael is so intense that we'd know they were only doing it for the money. Can you imagine the response when Moz introduces the band and says "and on the drums, Mike Joyce!".

So, once again, Moz & Marr would be cool - the full Smiths line up, absolutely no way.

Reunions are pretty shit really. I don't buy all this sudden Blur love, it's just hype. I heard about half their gig on te radio last night and they sounded like shit, can't believe the pub band jibes Morrissey's band get when Parklife gets praised to the skies. Journalists just like something new to write about so they like reunions. Every reunion gets hailed as if it's the second coming and then is forgotten a couple of months later when the next one comes along.

You can bet The Smiths would sound like shit too. Four people that don't really get on and want to spend the least amount of time together won't spend much time rehearsing. After hearing them slaughter HSIN you'll be begging for Boz back!

I was pretty amped for the Verve reunion two years ago..Even flew over to the UK for a few shows and saw them as well both nights in NYC. Since then they put out a terrible album and Ashcroft has gone into seclusion refusing to speak to any of the other members :crazy:

Part of me wishes they never reformed in the first place.

I think it's best to leave The Smiths where they belong, the 1980's. I have a feeling if there actually was some reunion, it'd be disappointing. I think a reunion could taint the image we have of The Smiths, you know? You can't go backwards in time, you can only move forward and that's what they have done. I'm content with that.

I agree. As much as I'd LOVE a show of strictly Smiths songs, it's undoubtedly not in Morrissey's best interest.

Back
Top Bottom