Iggy Pop mentions "Low In High School", meeting Morrissey - BBC Radio 6 Music

From Morten:

Iggy played 'Spent The Day In Bed' (at around 19:15) and mentioned that 'Low In High School' includes some of the clearest songs of Morrissey's career. Also mentioned meeting Morrissey: 'Sometimes it's good to talk to people - if they're interesting. I had the chance to talk to him once at work. And he is interesting - Morrissey'

Iggy Confidential - BBC Radio 6 Music
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09kfj9l

Last edited:
In other words, you’re talking out your ass. You have neither a grasp on how charting systems work, or the meaning of the word “empirical”.

Go back to sleep.

Please, tell me where the charting system is explained clearly and publicly, so I can enlighten myself with your wisdom. Unless it's so complicated that a basic mind like mine can't grasp the concepts.

Please, tell me where the charting system is explained clearly and publicly, so I can enlighten myself with your wisdom. Unless it's so complicated that a basic mind like mine can't grasp the concepts.
If you’ve got access to the internet for the purpose of posting utter nonsense - void of fact - you can use the same access to verify the bullshit you post, before hitting the “reply” button.

It’s not my responsibility to pull your head out of your ass for you, li’l shooter.

Basically, a high charting position means you have sold a high amount of units, which translates to money in your pocket or in Moz pocket. That the ultimate aim, to make money. You have to be insane to spend a million dollars just to make it like you made money when you threw away a million dollars.FFS

Basically, a high charting position means you have sold a high amount of units, which translates to money in your pocket or in Moz pocket. That the ultimate aim, to make money. You have to be insane to spend a million dollars just to make it like you made money when you threw away a million dollars.FFS

Thanks for not insulting me for saying what I think. If it's bullshit, it's my bullshit and I deserve to be tolerated as I tolerate other people's bullshit.

Of course I wasn't talking about Morrissey. I was thinking about other people who are charting inexplicably high compared to Morrissey and other good artists.

Thanks for not insulting me for saying what I think. If it's bullshit, it's my bullshit and I deserve to be tolerated as I tolerate other people's bullshit.

Of course I wasn't talking about Morrissey. I was thinking about other people who are charting inexplicably high compared to Morrissey and other good artists.
Chances are, if you don’t post baseless nonsense, nobody will call you out for it.

The perfect chance for Moz to chat with Johnny's mate Matt Johnson and then to have a chinwag with David "Hedge" about that postcard he sent him years back, and vocal melodies.

Not to mention the lyrics to "Money Changes Everything" with Bryan Ferry.

On the contrary, HE is the one STILL paving the path and leading the way, other 'artists' are merely behind him safely/cowardly following as HE takes all the slings and arrows because HE is the only one brave enough and more importantly interesting enough to do so.

Anyways .....

THE IGGY MAN KNOWS .

Paving the path you say? I agree in the sense that his last decade has laid asphalt over all of the great music and lyrics that preceded it. I agree that he is brave in so far as releasing an album like LIHS takes a lot of bravery on his part, and the only interesting thing about him now is how he has turned a deaf ear to the quality of music reached with YATQ.

As for your "demigod" IGGY, really?!?!? He is a false prophet at best. What he has basically done here is called a blank canvas art. A song like Jackie proves this point.

I listen to the Sirius New Wave channel and they recently played Stop Me, which again reinforced my love of his music and lyrics. Morrissey is in musical winter right now and I am awaiting spring, which at this point seems depressingly too far away. There may be a light that never goes out, but his is dimming with each and every...let's say...less than stellar release. Will he become what his musical icon David Bowie sang of so brilliantly...a blackstar? Time will tell.

"Something happened on the day he died
Spirit rose a metre then stepped aside
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried
(I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar)"

Oh, and New Year's blessings to you and your family. :)

Paving the path you say? I agree in the sense that his last decade has laid asphalt over all of the great music and lyrics that preceded it. I agree that he is brave in so far as releasing an album like LIHS takes a lot of bravery on his part, and the only interesting thing about him now is how he has turned a deaf ear to the quality of music reached with YATQ.

As for your "demigod" IGGY, really?!?!? He is a false prophet at best. What he has basically done here is called a blank canvas art. A song like Jackie proves this point.

I listen to the Sirius New Wave channel and they recently played Stop Me, which again reinforced my love of his music and lyrics. Morrissey is in musical winter right now and I am awaiting spring, which at this point seems depressingly too far away. There may be a light that never goes out, but his is dimming with each and every...let's say...less than stellar release. Will he become what his musical icon David Bowie sang of so brilliantly...a blackstar? Time will tell.

"Something happened on the day he died
Spirit rose a metre then stepped aside
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried
(I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar)"

Oh, and New Year's blessings to you and your family. :)

You may disagree with my posts, but the things I state are the truth whether you believe in them or not.

All that I'll say here is someone did step aside and Morrissey did take his rightful place,

And LIHS is an amazing album for those that hear it.

In time evennow, all in good time.

THE POP MAN PROPHET KNOWS.

:thumb:

<><><>

You may disagree with my posts, but the things I state are the truth whether you believe in them or not.

All that I'll say here is someone did step aside and Morrissey did take his rightful place,

<><><>

You are my Judas KS! Why are you so single minded about this? You are a tree falling in the forest in that nobody hears you. Have all your friends and children buy LIHS and it still won't make it to the hearing public.

" In time??!?!?!" I am Jesus and even I don't have that amount of time! Please do me this personal favor and see an Audiologist immediately. I am afraid for your health. I can save your soul, but hearing is a totally different story! :D:(o_O:thumb:

You are my Judas KS! Why are you so single minded about this? You are a tree falling in the forest in that nobody hears you. Have all your friends and children buy LIHS and it still won't make it to the hearing public.

" In time??!?!?!" I am Jesus and even I don't have that amount of time! Please do me this personal favor and see an Audiologist immediately. I am afraid for your health. I can save your soul, but hearing is a totally different story! :D:(o_O:thumb:

who cares about the 'hearing public' ?

the IGGY man hears it, and.....

When you HEAR IT you'll know it ! LIHS :rock:

but I thought you could make the blind see?

c'mon evennow... do right !

<><>

but I thought you could make the blind see?

c'mon evennow... do right !

<><>

Blindness is nice, and blindness can stop you
from seeing all the things in life you'd like to.
So, if there's something you'd like to see
If there's something you'd like to see
Ask me, I won't say no, how could me?

Verse 23:1 from the book of evennow

If you are going to continue to pelt me with these "sonic ear bombs" I will have to pray for deafness!

You must stop at once your idol worship of this IGGY demigod, and repent sinner!

LIHS has already met its demise. There is nothing I can do about that. I have no one to pray to after all. ;)

My life and afterlife has been spent doing just this! I am on the side of righteousness!

Your sense of cognitive judgement has been impaired. Maybe by having to chase all those kids around everyday. ;)

In the words of a wise man (so to speak):

A bond of trust
Has been abused
Something of value
May be lost

Your soul may still stand a chance of saving. All may not be lost...but the LIHS boat is taking on water. All of your bucketing will not save this lost cause.
Save yourself before it is too late!

DEAR GOD PLEASE HELP YOU! :p:lbf::D:thumb:

no problem. we tolerate that nut who thinks hes God AND Jesus we can tolerate you. Much power to you.

<><><>

Sorry, but you're going to have to retract this statement. I am the one who posts the Truth. I have contacted my attorney.
Memes_-_Serious_Business_-_LOL_Cats_-_03.jpg

Blindness is nice, and blindness can stop you
from seeing all the things in life you'd like to.
So, if there's something you'd like to see
If there's something you'd like to see
Ask me, I won't say no, how could me?

Verse 23:1 from the book of evennow

If you are going to continue to pelt me with these "sonic ear bombs" I will have to pray for deafness!

You must stop at once your idol worship of this IGGY demigod, and repent sinner!

LIHS has already met its demise. There is nothing I can do about that. I have no one to pray to after all.

My life and afterlife has been spent doing just this! I am on the side of righteousness!

Your sense of cognitive judgement has been impaired. Maybe by having to chase all those kids around everyday.

In the words of a wise man (so to speak):

A bond of trust
Has been abused
Something of value
May be lost

Your soul may still stand a chance of saving. All may not be lost...but the LIHS boat is taking on water. All of your bucketing will not save this lost cause.
Save yourself before it is too late!

DEAR GOD PLEASE HELP YOU!

ICONS OF A FEATHER ROCK TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :microphone: :rock:

morrissey_and_iggy_pop_2.jpg

LIHS IS AN AMAZING ALBUM FOR THOSE THAT HEAR IT, AND IGGY HEARS IT, SAY NO MORE! CASE CLOSED ! :hammer: !

SO FAR, LIHS IS THE BEST ALBUM OF 2018 !!! :rock:

WHAT A WAY TO BRING IN THE NEW YEAR !! :baby: :guitar::D

MORRISSEY HERE'S TO YOU !!!

PLEASE GIFT THIS WORLD WITH MORE OF THE SAME BEAUTY THAT ONLY YOU CAN BRING US !!!

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom