Morrissey Central IG: Salt Lake City & Denver (Nov. 22, 23) cancelled due to band illness (November 22, 2022)

full

Media items:

Boz Boorer once played a tour with a fractured arm, and I also recall him on stage with a surgical mask for a few dates years back. That's the right mentality.
How is playing with cast on your arm and a mask on another occasion the right mentality? We don't know how sick the band member is or what he has for that matter. Plenty of morons wear masks even when they're not sick so wtf would a mask worn have anything to do with it having the right attitude? You know very well if someone has the coof a mask or a vaccine won't do shit so this could be why the gigs are cancelled.

I feel bad for the folks that have to miss these shows. It sucks because of how much we love Moz and the band. They can't help it if they get sick it`s not their fault. There are a lot of nasty bugs around at the moment. I can understand being disappointed though.

Why does he always come to the US when it’s cold. Just saying.

It is a shock to see that there isn’t a physician that tours with M given all the health issues the group has suffered in recent years.

It is a shock to see that there isn’t a physician that tours with M given all the health issues the group has suffered in recent years.
It's more than likely a virus considering this time of year. What exactly do you suggest a physician should do to treat a virus? Top them up with some more vaccine that doesn't work? Smother them in masks? Or perhaps wheel the sick band members out on stage in a bed so they can rest up and wait it out while shaking a tambourine?

I hope that's oat milk. I think the band is vegan.
Unless the definition of vegan has changed, the band is definitely not vegan.

Not sure about Bass Guy & Drummer Boy but everyone else is not vegan, including Mozzie.

Jesse - never misses a chance to eat sushi, even has his photo on a wall at a local Japanese in LA (no joke) and frequents a sushi place in Silver Lake very often (and yes consumes more than veggie rolls).
Alain - loves burgers & breakfast food (eggs, bacon, etc).
Morrissey - pasta, hold the garlic and onions, but the egg in the noodle is fine and never asked about while ordering.
Gus - likes his chicken and beef.

It's more than likely a virus considering this time of year. What exactly do you suggest a physician should do to treat a virus? Top them up with some more vaccine that doesn't work? Smother them in masks? Or perhaps wheel the sick band members out on stage in a bed so they can rest up and wait it out while shaking a tambourine?
Yes, if it's the flu that's been going around (not COVID) there's nothing to do but get rest and have it run its course. It could very well result in more than 2 shows being canceled. Of course, we hope it's something less severe and they'll be back at it sooner.

It's more than likely a virus considering this time of year. What exactly do you suggest a physician should do to treat a virus? Top them up with some more vaccine that doesn't work? Smother them in masks? Or perhaps wheel the sick band members out on stage in a bed so they can rest up and wait it out while shaking a dildo.

Yes, that is a fine suggestion.

Not sure about Bass Guy & Drummer Boy but everyone else is not vegan, including Mozzie.

Jesse - never misses a chance to eat sushi, even has his photo on a wall at a local Japanese in LA (no joke) and frequents a sushi place in Silver Lake very often (and yes consumes more than veggie rolls).
Morrissey - pasta, hold the garlic and onions, but the egg in the noodle is fine and never asked about while ordering.
I had no idea there could be egg in pasta.

It was irresponsible for the band members to be hanging out with fans and posing with them. They probably caught one or more of the 3 viruses circulating. They should have a strict virus protocol, no meeting fans, mask wearing inside the venue except on stage, lots of air circulation.

Unrelated to the cancellation, but referencing FWD’s original reposting of Alain’s post…I really like Alain. He comes off as, as well as probably is, a very personable man. I felt bad for him when his back went awry…I saw I show maybe in ’97? when his back was bothering him.
Also, Alain referencing Mormons; being one myself, Morrissey has always had a very strong following among Mormons, more so than The Smiths. Salt Lake is usually on the list of cities on a US tour and I saw him there with my boy some years back. In between songs I yelled ‘Neal Cassidy Drops Dead’ and soon found my son standing 10 ft from me.

Be well all…

Morrissey Cancels Tour Dates Due to Illness

'We will take a moment to restore and recover': Morrissey disappoints US fans AGAIN after cancelling two state-side shows due to 'band illness' - days after abandoning LA gig
Added to OP.

Restraining order

It was irresponsible for the band members to be hanging out with fans and posing with them. They probably caught one or more of the 3 viruses circulating. They should have a strict virus protocol, no meeting fans, mask wearing inside the venue except on stage, lots of air circulation.
Sounds like a fun way to live

Problem is all you're doing is suspecting a lot but you don't actually know.
Correct... I’m just like everyone else.
Left in the dark without any official response.
Still, I’ve nothing to complain about.
I just feel for all the folks who have lost out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom