Morrissey Central IG: Salt Lake City & Denver (Nov. 22, 23) cancelled due to band illness (November 22, 2022)

full

Media items:

Oh dear. Could be anything. Sorry to hear this for the fans looking forward to the shows. Believe me when I say, don’t make plans to see Moz (if you’re traveling) unless you’re going to a place you want to visit anyway. That way, if he cancels, you’ll still have something to do and look forward to.
Let me echo your warm thoughtful sentiments, hand in glove. The American leg is looking to be working out expensive, for the band, and for fans. It's a shame, but who can help being sick? Whoever's down this time, may they recover fully and fast. ⚕️:fire:🥛 🛏️ 🏋️‍♂️

The news is caught on this local Denver news-site too - https://www.westword.com/music/black-flag-morrissey-best-denver-concerts-15515102

For anyone who's travelled to Utah, has time on their hands and is wondering what to do, the Dry Bar Comedy sessions might be worth checking out, in nearby Provo - https://store.drybarcomedy.com/pages/provo

If you're sitting in your hotel room twiddling your thumbs or the remote, Ari Shaffir's show Jew is smart and quirky and up on YouTube -

Or make a snowman, or snow-angel ☃️ Take care all

Last edited:
Screenshot_20221122-215349.png

Jesse, Brendan & Alain both active in the last hour.
No indication of which person's "health" is concerning as of yet.
FWD.

(Assuming it's not Alain's foot...)

This news comes as no surprise to me. I’ve had a bad feeling about this tour since M walked off stage last week.
I suspect , as already posted , that it’ll probably be M that has problems and is now willing to throw the band under the bus to save himself.
Who ever is Bad fettle, I wish them a speedy recovery.
It's not specific, but I think the phrase "band illness" could include Morrissey. Whether it's Morrissey, the band, or the entire group who's sick... it doesn't really change anything.... the shows are just as canceled. I don't think any cancellations save Morrissey no matter how they're announced - people will be upset and ultimately blame him anyway.

If he or the band has the flu I caught a few weeks ago... they will probably cancel more than 2 shows...

Last edited:
Boz Boorer once played a tour with a fractured arm, and I also recall him on stage with a surgical mask for a few dates years back. That's the right mentality.

I doubt M is actually sick, he's more likely to cry that HE'S the one sick.

Inactivity from Juan makes me think he caught something.

Not to be insensitively insulting but if I saw your man looking like that in a park I'd keep a tight hold on my kids hands. He's like Uncle Fester.

Jackie_Coogan_as_Uncle_Fester_%28The_Addams_Family%2C_1966%29.jpg
could do a lot of flashing in that coat,filthy beast.

LOL. I'm 2 for 5 for Moz shows (all in Colorado). Didn't bother buying tickets to this tour due to the last time when he cancelled after we were in the venue. Happy to say I'm still 2 for 5 and not 2 for 6.
But maybe of ticket sales were higher, he would have played??

Aren’t they contractually obliged to find a replacement for an ill band member?
Remember what happened to Alain in 2004 and Solomon in 2014?
Well, I guess these causes were more serious because they cancelled shows due to Gustavo falling ill a few years ago.

We live in sickly times; let’s hope the guys bounce back for Friday’s event.

We remain haunted by the phantom album. The lack of solid details around Bonfire surely exacerbates unavoidable cancellations. I hope that this era of undecidables draws to a close eventually.

Was looking forward to the Denver show, would've been my first (and probably only) Morrissey concert. :(

This news comes as no surprise to me. I’ve had a bad feeling about this tour since M walked off stage last week.
I suspect , as already posted , that it’ll probably be M that has problems and is now willing to throw the band under the bus to save himself.
Who ever is Bad fettle, I wish them a speedy recovery.
Problem is all you're doing is suspecting a lot but you don't actually know.

I thought all of these reasons actually meant depression on M’s part but maybe not

We live in sickly times; let’s hope the guys bounce back for Friday’s event.

We remain haunted by the phantom album. The lack of solid details around Bonfire surely exacerbates unavoidable cancellations. I hope that this era of undecidables draws to a close eventually.

Nah, it's all part of being a Morrissey fan!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom