Morrissey Central IG: Minnesota & Milwaukee (Nov. 25, 26) now postponed (November 23, 2022)

316718479_168358329158134_5048798187870378858_n.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 28, 2023:

There are reported notices that both Milwaukee and Minneapolis concerts are officially cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shows how it is better to be interested in multiple artists. If I missed Moz due to cancellation I'd be sickened but would have other concerts to look forward to. I'd love for Bonfire to be released but feel lucky already for the excellent Suede album Autofiction, a great Blancmange album and hopefully the new Cure album will be good too (whenever THAT comes out). The Peter Hook concert was the best for me so far this year, as were Pixies (but their album was meh). Weller concert was good but I've lost all respect for that totem pole for the personal insults he lobbed at Robert Smith recently.
I gained more respect for him for the Robert Smith remark. LOL . Apart from that, I agree 100%
I was lucky enough to be stateside during these Manics/Suede gigs and they have been really impressive - I went to the Seattle, San Francisco, and LA shows Great time I was really blown away. I hadn't seen Suede since they played Preston Park, in Brighton in 2016. It was great seeing them in these smaller venues. Sadly for the Americans this is their last visit, according to Brett they aint making $$$

Not looking good. What's the odds on the whole rest of the tour being cancelled / postponed until 2023?

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I think it should be canceled, anyway. That will give everyone time to get better and back on track.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I think it should be canceled, anyway. That will give everyone time to get better and back on track.

Cancel tour, come back in spring supporting an album. Is not a bad idea at all.

Just shows how it is better to be interested in multiple artists. If I missed Moz due to cancellation I'd be sickened but would have other concerts to look forward to. I'd love for Bonfire to be released but feel lucky already for the excellent Suede album Autofiction, a great Blancmange album and hopefully the new Cure album will be good too (whenever THAT comes out). The Peter Hook concert was the best for me so far this year, as were Pixies (but their album was meh). Weller concert was good but I've lost all respect for that totem pole for the personal insults he lobbed at Robert Smith recently.
On the point which apparently irked Weller: the Gallagher song sounds 100% like The Cure’s Forest track.

“Trying hard to reschedule, sometime …..next year”? “We are filled with an abundance of joy.”

still ill? gosh

Morrissey. Not one who cares to satisfy his fans. I’ve been a fan since 89. I have some experience here. The lack of communication is not normal. A simple. “I have Covid. We will be back in the spring” is what a normal high functioning artist would say. And his band was scared to speak. His gag orders are something. Disappointing but I really see him as a link to my youth at this point. And it’s fine. He is just a bit pathetic.
He may not have covid. I have tended to think often when M cancels, it's more to do with mental illness or not "feeling it", rather than a cold. Although he is meant to be a sickly type.
Not the best example of a veggie lifestyle, is M. He looks great at the moment For the last 15 years or so he has looked f***ing awful- at least 10 years older than he actually is, often fat, and his lack of energy is crazy.
Oddly since his mum past away, he looks fantastic. I do worry for our Kid. I mean, his "career" is in a bad way, Yes he can still sell venues, I'm not saying it's all over. I'm just saying it's not great
He has lost loads of respect, which was something he loved. Lots of "friends" have vanished, and there is a load who are only even there for what they can get. Now his Mother has gone.
It's no wonder he makes these needy comments, the guy is probably lost in a way.
He used to be able to know, he could demand stuff, but those days are mostly gone. He knew he once had an enviable place in pop history, that isn't the case now.
At one point, I thought it was just fashion, once he died he would again be considered one of the greats, up there near Bowie. I'm not sure that is true now.
To me he is still great though but M isn't dumb he would have these thoughts about things. So I get it if he is depressed at the moment. He might not be but he might be

Sympathies and best wishes, everyone.

Are there pros and cons to being sick, sometimes anyway, like here?

Probably a nasty flu. Everything gets chalked up to covid these days. A 14 year old healthy boy died in Ireland three weeks after vaccination and for the very first time some of the regular (well known) media are directly saying the vax killed him. Half of what we hear is pure bullshit anyway from all sides.
It's more than half re bullshit.

He may not have covid. I have tended to think often when M cancels, it's more to do with mental illness or not "feeling it", rather than a cold. Although he is meant to be a sickly type.
Not the best example of a veggie lifestyle, is M. He looks great at the moment For the last 15 years or so he has looked f***ing awful- at least 10 years older than he actually is, often fat, and his lack of energy is crazy.
Oddly since his mum past away, he looks fantastic. I do worry for our Kid. I mean, his "career" is in a bad way, Yes he can still sell venues, I'm not saying it's all over. I'm just saying it's not great
He has lost loads of respect, which was something he loved. Lots of "friends" have vanished, and there is a load who are only even there for what they can get. Now his Mother has gone.
It's no wonder he makes these needy comments, the guy is probably lost in a way.
He used to be able to know, he could demand stuff, but those days are mostly gone. He knew he once had an enviable place in pop history, that isn't the case now.
At one point, I thought it was just fashion, once he died he would again be considered one of the greats, up there near Bowie. I'm not sure that is true now.
To me he is still great though but M isn't dumb he would have these thoughts about things. So I get it if he is depressed at the moment. He might not be but he might be
Or one or more of them is sick.

The truth is, Alain gave Jesse a headache talking about Mormons, buildings and the weather in SLC, and Jesse is still trying to recover. Sad.
All while Jesse was sat on the jacks grimacing in his usual way. He had to flush to drown out Alain's tiresone travelogue.
p.s. I think Alain is great and am only messing.

Wonder if COVID is going around the tour group. It is making a comeback. Either that or a nasty flu.
I bet ya it is; COVID bug bit me last week, I've been isolating for 8 days and still testing positive. Symptoms are like a nasty FLU and not something you shake in a couple days. I've had 3 VAX jabs and still got bit. Hope whoever it is heals quickly and the tour resumes without issue, may take some time ~

Last edited:
Or one or more of them is sick.
Just. Tell. The. Fans. Who pay. The bills. You wonder why record labels are nervous. They don’t think it’s cool for an older star to act like a 22 year old nutter. It’s risk they don’t need to take. He isn’t a must have artist. Hasn’t been since around 1998. He refuses to act professionally. And some fans think it’s cool. It’s not. It’s disrespectful.

If there is sick people you simply say so. If he is depressed be clearer.

If it was a 1950s movie star, His a diva without a movie deal.

I am sooo tired of this clown. I’m done!
I haven’t bought a new record of his since ringleader. I thought I’d go to the show. First once since 2005 LA. For old time sake. Now I remember why I really like bands like War on Drugs, Dawes etc. they are professionals. If someone was sick I can guarantee the singer - the leader - would do a video letting everyone know what went wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom