Morrissey Central IG & FB: Morrissey @ Billy Halop's Memorial (June 20, 2022)

June 20
A53F6AD7-A79D-4960-ACE3-4CB57C761BC2.jpeg
289493256_180671291057487_1770396191204862686_n.jpg
289493669_1396180920846680_2085774616883294632_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great seeing him!

Is this Mount Sinai Cemetery in Los Angeles ?

Billy Halop is restin' in the Mozoleum section at Mt. Sinai.
There is also a grave section where Don Rickles is restin'.
The nickname "Pop Pop" is what Don's grandkids called him.
Don and Billy will be remembered in our hearts.

DonRickles-closeup.jpg

I also love seeing him out and about. Morrissey looks really cute in that baseball cap.

I've just read Acid for the Children, a memoir by Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers band, and he refers to the Dead End Kids when describing the immediate and intense bond he formed with school friend and bandmate Anthony Kiedis (described as a handsome devil and his perfect partner in crime). Flea was always looking for love, looking for family, and he writes that, for kids like him that came from broken homes, finding a friend introduced the possibility of true family. The Dead End Kids, the Bowery Boys and the Little Rascals were the families he envisioned for himself.

Kinda bad taste having photos taken of yourself pointing at graves, but then that might just be me ;)

I've just read Acid for the Children, a memoir by Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers band, and he refers to the Dead End Kids when describing the immediate and intense bond he formed with school friend and bandmate Anthony Kiedis (described as a handsome devil and his perfect partner in crime). Flea was always looking for love, looking for family, and he writes that, for kids like him that came from broken homes, finding a friend introduced the possibility of true family. The Dead End Kids, the Bowery Boys and the Little Rascals were the families he envisioned for himself.
Great post, thank you. As an avid reader of memoirs, would you recommend this book?, and succinctly, if so, why? [sorry in advance if my reply gets your post moved to the ‘black hole’ so it’s not cluttering this thread]

I think it’s fair to say that our dear Mozzer has had some ‘work’ done on his face. The fact is, to each their own….I myself wouldn’t do it a) because nobody gives a rip what I look like and b) I just feel like it’s okay to get older….any thoughts?

I think it’s fair to say that our dear Mozzer has had some ‘work’ done on his face. The fact is, to each their own….I myself wouldn’t do it a) because nobody gives a rip what I look like and b) I just feel like it’s okay to get older….any thoughts?
He hasn’t. He is the spitting image of his dad, Peter.

He does look very smooth, nicely done. Goes well with his weight loss which tends to deflate the face. I wonder if he’s wearing a hat because he’s had some hair restoration as well. It’s really fine, expected even. If it’s a confidence booster for him, that’s all that counts.

Thanks for the info.
Still non the wiser (not meant in a disrespectful way, jus
take a look at the 1938 movie _''Angels with dirty faces" starring James Cagney , Billy is the leader of the gang of kids who live by their wits in the slums of New York. It's Bill's finest moment as well as possibly Cagney's best work. 90 minutes that might help you understand Moz more as well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom