If you were Johnny Marr, what would you say to Morrissey?

A

Anonymous

I'd say this:

Morrissey, please, please just shut the f*** up. But before you do, apologise to the people of China for your comments on your website. Twat!

What would you say?

I'd say this:

Morrissey, please, please just shut the f*** up. But before you do, apologise to the people of China for your comments on your website. Twat!

What would you say?
Apologise for what he said about the people of China? Have you read the full quote? I think many would argue he was correct to speak up on the topic he was referring to.

Don't get me wrong he has said a lot of things that I find unsettling and some of his efforts to cover his arse have been laughable and done nothing but make things worse.

I wish they could have a conversation along these lines:

And then recall if you can
How all this even began
Forgive someone
And if you do, I'll run to you
Betray you with a word
I would slit my own throat first of all, I will

Seriously, how do you ever expect to get your credibility back with the shite that you post on Morrissey Central.

I'd say sorry. And I'd try to explain myself for not doing my best to remain a friend. If I was Marr, I would have tried harder. And if I had the inclination (which Marr obviously has never had), I would have made sure that the man who propelled me into stardom was still aware that I loved him. Yes, I would definitely have tried harder.

You're aware Marr was running the nitty-gritty of the band at the end while Morrissey couldn't be bothered to show up to video shoots and had Joyce tell Marr that "Four-Letter Word" was going to be the next single. I understand that Morrissey's mental health issues stunted his ability to live life day-to-day, but you absolutely cannot say Johnny didn't try.

Morrissey immediately tried to carry on the Smiths with another guitarist when Johnny left - which is an understandable kneejerk reaction for someone with anxiety/depression - but you can't be surprised that Marr wasn't hurt by that.

who f***ing cares about feelings. get on with it. give the people what they want.

You're aware Marr was running the nitty-gritty of the band at the end while Morrissey couldn't be bothered to show up to video shoots and had Joyce tell Marr that "Four-Letter Word" was going to be the next single. I understand that Morrissey's mental health issues stunted his ability to live life day-to-day, but you absolutely cannot say Johnny didn't try.

Morrissey immediately tried to carry on the Smiths with another guitarist when Johnny left - which is an understandable kneejerk reaction for someone with anxiety/depression - but you can't be surprised that Marr wasn't hurt by that.

I still think he could have done more. Its obvious Marr was the one who was in control of the situation. Marr had grown up and Morrissey was still petulant and perhaps wanting it to be like it had always been. It couldn't have helped that Marr was younger than him but showing signs of a business acumen way beyond his years. The bubble had burst. Morrissey felt the dynamic had changed and his friend had become more astute than him when it came to the cold, hard part of selling the band. This could be why Morrissey has bacome so intent on turning his Solo years into a business plan as much as an artistic venture. His ideals had been shattered in the Smiths and he's emulating Marr's drive in the Smiths. It all suddenly became very serious.
To be fair Dale - and without coming over all UncleSkinny - he's always had his eye on the money end of things, hence the infamous 25/25/10/10 deal. He just wanted someone else to deal with the tedious part of sorting it out.

To be fair Dale - and without coming over all UncleSkinny - he's always had his eye on the money end of things, hence the infamous 25/25/10/10 deal. He just wanted someone else to deal with the tedious part of sorting it out.

He told Sean Hughes that money gave him anxiety & he was afraid of being poor.

No problem Peppermint. I'm thinking aloud. I remember what Tony Wilson said about the way Morrissey operates. A particular employee of a record company had put her job on the line to secure Morrissey a record deal because she liked him so much. Tony Wilson knew this girl. Anyway, he said that when it came to promoting the songs he was scheduled to make an appearance somewhere but then took umbrage, called them up, and said that he'd been put under undue pressure and the girl was either reprimanded or lost her job. After all she'd done for him. Tony said she begged him to just go along with whatever it was he was asked to do. But that's Tony Wilson, that's hearsay, and that's Morrissey.
Yes, I've heard that story too, Dale. I mean, who knows for sure, but there seems to be a long line of people with similar stories about Morrissey and they can't all be made up. Wasn't that from those Tony Wilson interviews? There's a series of them on YouTube, not sure what they were originally shot for but they're very entertaining.

I'm afraid of being poor also (in fact I am poor), but I still try not to be a total arse about it.

I think his anxiety is clinical.

It's like telling someone having a panic attack to calm down. They might want to, but they can't.

I reckon the Oregon Son would say to the California Son "dude, you fouled me when I was takin' that jumper to beat you during the Nike
Moz Angeles Over 50 One on One Tournament last year on Venice Beach" fark arse northern base skozer chipper curry twat tit c*** inn nnn nn n it.

I think his anxiety is clinical.

It's like telling someone having a panic attack to calm down. They might want to, but they can't.
That's a bit of a leap. Lots of people who grow up poor are insecure about money in adulthood, but it doesn't make it a clinical diagnosis. And most people know where to draw the line and not shit on other people, despite their anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom