If you could replace Moz' band with another, who would you pick?

Troy's Keen

Senior Backscrubber
I was listening to The Breeders' "Fate To Fatal" EP (released in 2009) and it hit me that their recent music would be perfect to back up Morrissey's voice.

In your fantasy world, which modern band's music could you hear behind Moz' voice?

I was listening to The Breeders' "Fate To Fatal" EP (released in 2009) and it hit me that their recent music would be perfect to back up Morrissey's voice.

In your fantasy world, which modern band's music could you hear behind Moz' voice?

This is a very good idea for a thread.

I wonder how long it'll be before a misguided comedy genius suggests The Smiths.

As for me, I don't know actually. It sounds like an easy question, but it's not. I'll have a think. I'm sure everybody will care that I'll be having a think about it.

Johnny of course, but beyond that I like the Bad Seeds call (maybe Tindersticks too), but for a dream line-up the following has appeal (at least to me):

Richard Hawley - Guitar, Backing Vocals
Graham Coxon - Guitar
Gabe Roth - Bass
Lewis - Keyboards, multi-instrumentalist
Glenn Kotche - Drums

Maybe Jessie can roadie? Or not...

p.s. Always and ever a Boz fan, top guy!

tumblr_ln7jbdFjEZ1qab7weo1_500.gif
[/IMG]​

Hahaha!

I'm not sure if I could pick a whole pre-existing band, but I'm sure I could throw a few bits and bobs together of musicians I'd like to see him work with. I think a main one is Noko who worked with James Maker in 2004 -- he also worked with Howard Devoto from around 1986-1990 as Luxuria and is currently filling in for the late John McGeoch in Magazine. Noko is a fantastic multi-instrumentalist and producer. It's a shame Mr. McGeoch has passed though, he's another very seminal guitarist that I would like to have seen write with Morrissey. :guitar:

Stephen Duffy and The Lilac Time . Indeed , he should get Stephen Duffy in to do the tunes , a lovely acoustic feel with chimeing guitars again - there's a thought . Boz is cool but i'm no fan of that guy who's brought the "stodge".

I like the present line-up.
I also like the current lineup, is that wrong, will i be ridiculed.........I feel VH breathing down my neck.
I went to grimsby, and thought the whole thing was great, better than YOR and swords, by miles (and i didnt think they were bad either).
i fail to see how different band members could enhance 'the band' at all, after all Mr Morrissey is in charge, bigger stars wouldnt sit, IMHO.
Any now roll on Leeds ive just had my' Jessie No. 1 tee printed' happy days

I also like the current lineup, is that wrong, will i be ridiculed.........I feel VH breathing down my neck.
I went to grimsby, and thought the whole thing was great, better than YOR and swords, by miles (and i didnt think they were bad either).
i fail to see how different band members could enhance 'the band' at all, after all Mr Morrissey is in charge, bigger stars wouldnt sit, IMHO.
Any now roll on Leeds ive just had my' Jessie No. 1 tee printed' happy days

I like the present line up too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom