if you could change ONE thing about morrissey..........

it was clearly meant as a put-down which, in your view, works because likening somebody to people who have "learning difficulties" (that's "retarded", to you) devalues them and what they say; it renders them worthy of mockery. "retards" are, after all, figures of fun, aren't they?

good for you; you are a credit to your profession.

to "take the piss out of" someone means to make fun of them.

i'd offer to lend you a shovel, but i don't think you'll need it.

You are right - I don't need one as I stand by my comment.
You two, as in both of you, were being retarded.

And if you were to use the word "piss" over here in the context you did I would say the same about you as far as being a credit to your career choice. I am not backing down from my stance.

Please take note of the liner note under the picture as it clearly referred to both of you.

Now what is ironic is that as this argument continues... I have now become part of the foolishness I criticized.

Last edited:
You are right - I don't need one as I stand by my comment.
You two, as in both of you, were being retarded.

...but you accept the substance of what i posted, above, though?

And if you were to use the word "piss" over here in the context you did I would say the same about you as far as being a credit to your career choice.

that makes no sense.

I am not backing down from my stance.

okay, you're just repeating yourself, now.

Please take note of the liner note under the picture as it clearly referred to both of you.

well-reasoned argument.

We agree... but Morrissey is the proud owner of two testicles, or so he claims, and somehow those things tend to make men crave a bit of violence in their view. If we're lucky, they use sport to fulfill this need.

Also?

Boxers are sweaty, half naked men. This appeals to our hero.

But, yes... I tend to agree with you on this one.

LOL =D

I see your point (s)

I knew a young American who for lack of wider vocabulary addressed everything she didn't like and anything she disagreed with as "retarded".

Sometimes people use "gay" instead of "retarded". Pretty stupid if you ask me.

The picture might not be in good taste, but Buzzy wasn't trying to be hateful or malicious.

No - read through the post... read your comments... could not help but think... this is retarded.

If you could not help but think that, I think you need to revise your thinking process such that you don't equate the disabled/those with special needs with those deserving of scorn.

I stand by and would post the exact same thing again after reading their exchange.

That's unfortunate. I hope something changes your way of thinking before another special needs kid ends up in one of your classes.

it was clearly meant as a put-down which, in your view, works because likening somebody to people who have "learning difficulties" (that's "retarded", to you) devalues them and what they say; it renders them worthy of mockery. "retards" are, after all, figures of fun, aren't they?

Well said.

The picture might not be in good taste, but Buzzy wasn't trying to be hateful or malicious.

If you're correct, it's only lack of intent. He was being hateful, and his post was highly offensive. He just may be ignorant of that fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that all of you are still arguing about Buzzetta's pic just proves its point!

For the record, I've used that pic here, too, and nobody complained. I was told that it was in poor taste, but that was to be expected.

The fact that all of you are still arguing about Buzzetta's pic just proves its point!

For the record, I've used that pic here, too, and nobody complained. I was told that it was in poor taste, but that was to be expected.

It was to be expected because it was in poor taste, and was offensive. That doesn't make it better, and it doesn't prove his point, whatever that may be.

i would make him straight , what would you do?

I don't know if i'd make him straight, i'd have him tell us exactly what his orientation is. It would eliminate all of those Goddamned "Is he gay?" threads on here.:rolleyes:

You're both as lame as each other, i despise you both from the bottom of my heart!

do you dislike people experiencing disablement? that seems a little unreasonable.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, I'm sorry, but... bwahahhaaaa

That was one of the best comebacks I've heard of in a long, long time. veddy quick.
Good one, HIM! Yuh devil.

Now, what would I change about Moz? He'd be able to hold his liquor a little bit better. can't stand a sloppy drunk. well, unless it's moz. so, nevermind, then. :D

Back
Top Bottom