IF The Smiths Reunited, ok w/out Joyce?

If a Smiths REUnion happend would you be ok if Mike didnt play with them?

• He HAS to play

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • f*** him

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
If a reUnion never happend, but Johnny and Moz got back together to record NEW music that be f***in awesome. I think now would be a good time to listen to NEW Moz/Marr traxx...I wonder what theyd sound like?

A reunion should never happen. It is not possible to dig up the old magic from the grave. It would just be sad.

I don't think it would be sad at all. If they all retain the passion for their back catalogue (and I suspect that they do) then I am sure it would be great. I really think Morrisssey and Marr would still have a lot to offer in terms of writing new material too. Out of interest do you consider it sad when Morrissey plays Smiths songs at his gigs?

I really think Morrisssey and Marr would still have a lot to offer in terms of writing new material too. Out of interest do you consider it sad when Morrissey plays Smiths songs at his gigs?

exactly. Everybody loves it when Moz plays Smiths tunes at gigs, wouldnt everyone rather hear them played by its original musicians? Johnnys such a versatile guitar player, I feel that if he can play with several diff bands with diff sounds, he can surely bring some tasty riffs to Moz' current state of lyrics. I mean ffs, he's playing with the CRIBS?! Good band Im sure they are but, why not with Moz? after all arent they friends again?

Last edited:
I don't want to say f*** Him, as it's a tad rude. However, by far the most likely option, if they get back together, is the band without Mike.

Peter

Peter
Is that what you told him when you gave him your calendar?;)

Jukebox Jury

yep! the smiths songs being sung by the smiths for all the later fans that got into the smiths a year after they split or didnt get the chance at the time to see them! it only becomes sad when he grows the big qwif and waves flowers around at 50! his old agressive look and some of the deep smiths tracks would be well matched! its got to happen even if it was for a world tour for one year! it would sell out in seconds!
Would be good first to get together and see what they come up with? electronic with a twist of morrissey?
Thats what i liked about yarq was the effects keyboards drum machines in places.

Yes! tour the new album and a smiths fare well good bye!
As sad as that would be to see him retire,doing a smiths reunite would be a perfect full circle farewell!:tears::tears::)

Back
Top Bottom