IF The Smiths Reunited, ok w/out Joyce?

If a Smiths REUnion happend would you be ok if Mike didnt play with them?

• He HAS to play

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • f*** him

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
Heres the full question. IIIFF they ever decided to get back together for whatever, (it'll never happen), reason, would you be ok if Mike wasn't behind the kit?
I mean, we got Johnny, Moz and Andy...and heck they might even include Craig (LMMFAO!) but who would drum then? Would it feel the same without Mike? We all know the deets of the court cases, so no need to elaborate. I think Zak Starskey be pretty ok....I don't know though, be pretty weird seeing some other dude banging away...But, then again, its MORRISSEY and MARR!!! The REAL "Hand in Glove" Listening to YOR this past week, I wondered to myself, what the Lp would sound like if Marr was playing on it...and I don't mean as a session musician or tambourine banger. Morrisseys lyrics I feel would be more EXPLOSIVE if they had Johnnys guitar wizardry....AND after seeing that youtube clip of Johnny doing "There is a light..." in NZ he looks DAMN GOOD in his somewhat skinny fit jeans!..Whats been the alleged HIGHEST "offer" made to them?

Are you kidding with this poll? The drummer is the most replaceable unit in the band and in joyce's case it is a total necessity! And furthermore the smiths should never reform!

Can we have a special section on this forum for nostalgia so that the rest of us can ignore the "if morrissey was still in the smiths what would he be doing now?" threads? It's getting really boring now. :rolleyes:

Can we have a special section on this forum for nostalgia so that the rest of us can ignore the "if morrissey was still in the smiths what would he be doing now?" threads? It's getting really boring now. :rolleyes:

Getting boring?

totally. I wish this board had a "Fact & Fantasy" section. So this was the only place to post this.

It'd be fine with me. I've never had a strong opinion about his drumming style; to my ears he's a competent drummer but there's nothing special or unique about what he does. I'd consider Andy indispensable though. The Smiths' sound would have been quite different with someone else playing bass.

I think Andys bass playing made some of the tunes a bit danceable. Which is a good thing. That's not saying they were a "dance" band, dyou know what I mean?

I never really think about any kinds of reunins in regards to the smiths because they are one of those that simply wouldnt or couldnt it would be terrible. Am just looking foward to the future with morrissey etc.

22 people say so far f*** him! 11 people say he has to play! and 3 people are retarded lol :) i dont think he is essential for the re-union but then again, who would replace him?

I don't want to say f*** Him, as it's a tad rude. However, by far the most likely option, if they get back together, is the band without Mike.

Peter

Without Mike Joyce it is not The Smiths. Simple as that.
For a Smiths reuinon you need all the 4 members, Moz, Marr, Andy & Mike=FACT

Love PTxx.

I'd LOVE to see The Smiths. Without Joyce of course. And Johnny. And Andy actually....

Bring them all back! :) they were the smiths and they all worked together! Morrissey can have something interesting to sing about again!
with all the fake smiles and dragging up the past would make some real good songs lol
what have they got to lose now,morrissey needs direction his music with andys bouncy bass lines,marrs song writing and guitar greatness and mike just to have some friction!
The smiths were a band that captured a time and place in the 80s! so i dont care if it happends or not! but if they do its all 4 together!

I emphatically voted for "f*** him." He's a douchebag, and a session musician could play his parts in concert with relative ease. Moz's current drumming parts (especially on Years of Refusal) are the best of his recording career.

Back
Top Bottom