If Morrissey was able to match The Cure's amazing setlist capacity...

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
Okay, 24 song main set (feel free to swap out 7 0r 8 songs a night and replace them with others, )

Miserable Lie
You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Billy Budd
The Boy Racer
Alma Matters
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
Tomorrow
Now My Heart Is Full
Friday Mourning
Trouble Loves Me
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
Lost
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
You Have Killed Me
First Of The Gang To Die
Nobody Loves Us
Irish Blood, English Heart
I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday
Reel Around The Fountain
The Never Played Symphonies
Life Is A Pigsty
I Know It’s Over
Speedway

(swap in 3 or 4 new songs)

Encore Set 1:
Encore Set (Kill Uncle) Our Frank, There’s A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends, I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty, Sing Your Life

Encore Set 2:
Encore Set (Viva Hate-Bona Drag): Suedehead, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Sister I'm A Poet, Last Of The Famous International Playboys, Interesting Drug, November Spawned A Monster, and Disappointed

Encore Set 3
Encore Set (Smiths Hits) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, Ask, How Soon Is Now, Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before, Hand In Glove

Mix and shake...Stir Well

and remember $70 should buy us all 140 minutes.

Don't forget that even though Cure shows are much longer than Morrissey's, Robert probably has to use his voice less. If Moz sang for 3 hours every night, then he'd have to cancel half his shows, instead of the 1 in 6 or so that he usually does.

Don't forget that even though Cure shows are much longer than Morrissey's, Robert probably has to use his voice less. If Moz sang for 3 hours every night, then he'd have to cancel half his shows, instead of the 1 in 6 or so that he usually does.

True, but Michael Stipe is popping out 30 a night. I just think the man could give us more. At least diversify a bit. Viva Hate and Kill Uncle do exist after all. If we didn't like it, we wouldn't have bought it.

True, but Michael Stipe is popping out 30 a night. I just think the man could give us more. At least diversify a bit. Viva Hate and Kill Uncle do exist after all. If we didn't like it, we wouldn't have bought it.

Good point. But Stipe stands there like an automaton most of the time. Morrissey gets tuckered out by all that cord-whipping, vogueing, and hurling shirts into the crowd.

Good point. But Stipe stands there like an automaton most of the time. Morrissey gets tuckered out by all that cord-whipping, vogueing, and hurling shirts into the crowd.

Yeah, maybe he could have another artist play for 45 minutes in between. I'm basically just adding onto what I said in another thread. For those in the pit, the Morrissey experience is spiritual and emotional. The rest of us in the balcony want our $70 worth.

I just got this thread confused with the "morrissey rehearsal: warning setlist spoilers" one and practically had a heart attack.

Personally I think if an artist can't wow the audience in an hour and a half they are never going to do it. The fact that the Cure play for 3 hours with three long encores is a reason not to go and see them for me. It sounds like hell on earth.

If I was stuck in a room having to endure The Cure, I'd be f***ing clock watching thats for sure!

Back
Top Bottom