If Morrissey murdered all journalists, would you still listen to his records?

If Morrissey murdered all journalists, would you still listen to his records?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Well? Would you?

I would! :D

I don't think I need to add that this is a VERY serious poll!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'd be too busy watching the manhunt and then the trial, to hear how he'd managed to pull it off. Although I'm not sure who would be reporting it.

I haven't been listening to them anyway, and his hands are free of blood.
I can't reconcile this caustic bitterness against the sad, beautiful, tender, funny, intelligent, worthwhile songs that made me like him in the first place.

Would that murder spree include editors, columnists, critics and commentators?
How TV journo's, presenters and weather reporters?
What about investigative reporters and non fiction writers?
I need to understand the scale of the slaughter.

Would that murder spree include editors, columnists, critics and commentators?
How TV journo's, presenters and weather reporters?
What about investigative reporters and non fiction writers?
I need to understand the scale of the slaughter.

I think if a persons job is to report something then it'll be ok if Morrissey kills them!

Yes, I would listen to them, secretly, on my own.
Would I have “Journalists Who Lie” on repeat? Possibly.

By the way, you don’t think he would murder them himself, would you?

He is too smart to do that.
But some delusional, deranged disciples might think they would do him a pleasure.

Don’t laugh, it happened before.
Not with Moz but some other charismatic cult figures.

Well if I can stomach listening to Iggy pop after he slept with a 13 yo and then wrote a song about it then I could stomach Morrisseys journalistic bloodbath. I might even give a little cheer when he gets to the editors

Well? Would you?

I would! :D

I don't think I need to add that this is a VERY serious poll!

but if he or someone killed all the journos, then how in hell would we know if his next album is any good or not ? :D

Something interesting about this question is the fact that one of the BIGGEST non-musical skills of Morrissey was dealing with the press and journalists.

For some reason his troubles with the Cocteau Twins came to my mind and I remembered an interview to Robin Guthrie (whom I don't really like) and in that interview he makes this statement:

Looking back, Guthrie goes on to express a certain disappointment that Cocteau Twins failed to define the decade in the same way that many other 1980s pop-oriented acts did.

"The Cure and OMD and stuff like that," he snips. "I was aware of [them] at the time, but they were this annoying f***ing background noise.... Perhaps if our personalities were a bit more hipster we would have made a bigger splash. We were too busy making records to be hipsters. It must have been difficult, all the time that you have to spend being Morrissey, not making records. He had to spend all this time doing interviews and getting his f***ing hair done."

The derogative comment is curious, because there is SOME truth in it. One of the greatest non-musical skills of Morrissey WAS giving great interviews. The derogative comment of Robin Guthrie was actually criticizing the musical talent of Morrissey, but somehow accepting that he was GOOD with the interviews (which WAS true, he was fantastic).
It is weird how that situation has changed so much... The interviews were one of his strongest skills, but nowadays he looks like an amateurish musician with no experience with the press. I know he is entitled to say whatever he wants, but his interview with Der Spiegel was a mess... and it is hard to say that he is 100% innocent about the disaster that such interview became (I mean, he has a LONG experience with the press, it used to be one of his favorite playing fields).

Something interesting about this question is the fact that one of the BIGGEST non-musical skills of Morrissey was dealing with the press and journalists.

For some reason his troubles with the Cocteau Twins came to my mind and I remembered an interview to Robin Guthrie (whom I don't really like) and in that interview he makes this statement:

Looking back, Guthrie goes on to express a certain disappointment that Cocteau Twins failed to define the decade in the same way that many other 1980s pop-oriented acts did.

"The Cure and OMD and stuff like that," he snips. "I was aware of [them] at the time, but they were this annoying f***ing background noise.... Perhaps if our personalities were a bit more hipster we would have made a bigger splash. We were too busy making records to be hipsters. It must have been difficult, all the time that you have to spend being Morrissey, not making records. He had to spend all this time doing interviews and getting his f***ing hair done."

The derogative comment is curious, because there is SOME truth in it. One of the greatest non-musical skills of Morrissey WAS giving great interviews. The derogative comment of Robin Guthrie was actually criticizing the musical talent of Morrissey, but somehow accepting that he was GOOD with the interviews (which WAS true, he was fantastic).
It is weird how that situation has changed so much... The interviews were one of his strongest skills, but nowadays he looks like an amateurish musician with no experience with the press. I know he is entitled to say whatever he wants, but his interview with Der Spiegel was a mess... and it is hard to say that he is 100% innocent about the disaster that such interview became (I mean, he has a LONG experience with the press, it used to be one of his favorite playing fields).

Surprising one sided rivalry. As good as the Cocteaus were they never had anything to do with reality. I still doubt they ever used a toilet or had food much like most royals.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom