If Morrissey could work with any current band to record an album?

Which band?

• The Stone Roses

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The Bad Seeds

• Arcade Fire

• The National

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Slowdive

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Depeche Mode

• The Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Pink Floyd

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Radiohead

• Other (please state)

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Ugly Devil

All these choices would be intriguing to me. Which band could produce the best work with Morrissey?

Muse might be good.
Also, I think Moz would be great with a full orchestra. 'Lost' or 'Paris' and such would sound pretty gear.
I suppose view is dependant on which direction one would like to see him progress. G23 suggests Mountain Goats (who are f***ing great). On the few tracks I listened to they were quite sparse and urgent. More like The Smith's. So one can take the position that he needs to take stepback.
For myself I see him getting grander and lush. His music luxuriating in his voice.
Its a testament to 'Himself' that as an artist he keeps both sides interested.

Last edited:
The Mountain Goats. I think Darnielle and co would approach the situation with respect, good songs in mind, and steer M toward a simpler yet more fitting sound. And probably tell him straight up if something stinks. Which is the most important thing for anyone to potentially work with him.
"Sit down, shut up, and try harder. You're Morrissey."

But with the current state of things in recent years, he's rapidly and widely become known more as a punchline than a musician of merit.

I’ll choose two. Being a fanboy of both I’d still love to see him collaborate with Bernard butler. Taking his work with the tears as a cue he still has a classic British guitar sound and that albums cinematic grandness in spots would go really well with modern morrissey. I like to think what home is a ? Would sound like with Bernard behind it. My acne choice would be Patrick wolf who’s music is very eclectic. in spots and very uniquely modern electro and in others very classical often mixed together in the same song and always theatrical

The Killers, I enjoy them very much, they put on a great live show
and they did great justice to This Charming Man. Plus Brandon has great respect for Morrissey.

I would love for Morrissey to work with Vince Clark for an album, I think that could sound really pretty, especially with Andy Bell for some backing vocals

The reality is that most of these would be better than his current band. I'd probably give top choice to Radiohead and The National. I'd love to hear Morrissey's voice over some of Radiohead's atmospheric and haunting music.

Morrissey_and_bad_seeds.jpg

The dears could fit nicely. As for the Decemberists i think it would fit to nicely. It would be like a regression to his older sound which would please fans but I can’t see morrissey going for it

fantasy collab ?

production, recording, and writing with...

Bob Ezrin

Kate Bush

Death Grips

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom