if alain is back writing is going to be playing live ?

vivabob

Ordinary Boy
if alain is back writing is going to be playing live ? ... i would like it if he did , i think he is missed

why did he actually leave , i have read various things , the health one was there for a while but i dont remember having the correct reason confirmed .

the last time i messaged him and asked if he would be playing on a tour he said he hadn't been asked .

Jesse is a good guitarist.
However, if he wants to advance his career, he should either form his own band or find a job in another band.

This is a hypothetical amicable solution, but we don't know what will happen after the release of new album.

Why are people saying Alain is "back"?

He was the main songwriter on the last album too. He never went away. He just stopped playing live. So I very much doubt anything is going to change. For whatever reason, Jesse is now the live guitarist and both Morrissey and Alain seem quite happy with that situation.

He was the main songwriter on the last album too. He never went away. He just stopped playing live. So I very much doubt anything is going to change. For whatever reason, Jesse is now the live guitarist and both Morrissey and Alain seem quite happy with that situation.

i think people just want to see alain play live again, i know i do. I think alain fits in better, he's one of the "old boys".

One thing I've noticed about Jesse from watching scores of videos is that he never seems to enjoy himself! Alain always had a ready smile and made contact with the audience. Jesse stands further back and does his technically proficient thing well, but that's about it no?

One thing I've noticed about Jesse from watching scores of videos is that he never seems to enjoy himself! Alain always had a ready smile and made contact with the audience. Jesse stands further back and does his technically proficient thing well, but that's about it no?

Quite correct. And I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a bunch of musicians having a good time than a bunch of stiffs who are "technically proficient." If I wanted the latter, I'd go to the symphony.

There's nothing concrete to indicate Alain's back in the live lineup, but it seems as if there will be a lot more Alain compositions on the album this time around.

It'd be cool to see Gary back, too. Unlike Jesse, Solomon at least seems a little more into the fun of playing live. I had to laugh when one poster called him a "cock rocker," though.

KY gone, Moz in denim... Alain back?
Life's picking up! :)

Last edited:

my reference was back on this album ... when the songs on the last album could have been written before his contract finished

i agree with king lear jessie is pretty stiff in the line up , he is a great player but for me doesnt really fit in

Quite correct. And I don't know about you, but I'd rather see a bunch of musicians having a good time than a bunch of stiffs who are "technically proficient." If I wanted the latter, I'd go to the symphony.

agreed to the fullest on alain.
but what has the symphony done to you, may i ask?

>.viva tchaikovsky.<

[/B]

agreed to the fullest on alain.
but what has the symphony done to you, may i ask?

Bored me to tears. Yes, I've seen a lot of performances; yes, some of them were moving; yes, I've seen some of the world's finest; yes, I've played in them myself; yes, I can appreciate them from time to time. But not my thing anymore. :guitar:

I don't mind listening to classical music on the radio; I just won't pay big bucks to see it live.

The members writing music, the greater the competition, which leads to a better album.

I'm hoping Alain, Jesse, Boz, Michael, and whoever else wants to write will pitch in as many ideas as possible.

my reference was back on this album ... when the songs on the last album could have been written before his contract finished

i agree with king lear jessie is pretty stiff in the line up , he is a great player but for me doesnt really fit in

What contract? :confused: He was fully a part of the recording of the last album, just as much as any of the other members. Read what Morrissey wrote about him when the album was released then you'll see Morrissey sees him just as much part of the band as any of the others.

I could shake your hand. Jesse is a good musician and a decent songwriter...for someone else. He is not--and has never been--a good fit for Morrissey. He was a last minute, stop-gap replacement for Alain who, through perhaps no fault of his own and some fortuitous luck, has overstayed his welcome.

Sure, Alain may not play the Smiths songs like a karaoke machine, but those should not be the focal point of Morrissey solo shows in the first place. Plus, a lot of people harp on how he muffed some notes on The Headmaster Ritual in Who Placed the M. How many times has Morrissey missed a note or gone out of tune, yet he gets a pass b/c it's "intended" or an "artistic choice?"

By the same token, I feel Jesse sometimes does a disservice to Alain's songs. He sounds like he has a club hand on First of the Gang to Die and strips any veneer of beauty from the main riff to Let Me Kiss You. So I think there is an inherent contradiction to damn Alain for not playing Marr "right" but not commenting on Jesse doing same to Alain's work.

Also, since Alain has made statements to the effect of wanting to play live again, what proof does anyone have that he doesn't want to? If you were creating songs like I Will See You In Far Off Places and Life is a Pigsty, wouldn't you want to play your own songs live? If he has PERSONALLY told someone that he doesn't want to play live with Morrissey, I think someone would have said by now.

More's the pity for Solomon Walker b/c now one can truly say "everybody and their brother" can get a job with Morrissey!

Cheers,

Jamie

I could shake your hand. Jesse is a good musician and a decent songwriter...for someone else. He is not--and has never been--a good fit for Morrissey. He was a last minute, stop-gap replacement for Alain who, through perhaps no fault of his own and some fortuitous luck, has overstayed his welcome.

Sure, Alain may not play the Smiths songs like a karaoke machine, but those should not be the focal point of Morrissey solo shows in the first place. Plus, a lot of people harp on how he muffed some notes on The Headmaster Ritual in Who Placed the M. How many times has Morrissey missed a note or gone out of tune, yet he gets a pass b/c it's "intended" or an "artistic choice?"

By the same token, I feel Jesse sometimes does a disservice to Alain's songs. He sounds like he has a club hand on First of the Gang to Die and strips any veneer of beauty from the main riff to Let Me Kiss You. So I think there is an inherent contradiction to damn Alain for not playing Marr "right" but not commenting on Jesse doing same to Alain's work.

Also, since Alain has made statements to the effect of wanting to play live again, what proof does anyone have that he doesn't want to? If you were creating songs like I Will See You In Far Off Places and Life is a Pigsty, wouldn't you want to play your own songs live? If he has PERSONALLY told someone that he doesn't want to play live with Morrissey, I think someone would have said by now.

Quoted For Truth.

More's the pity for Solomon Walker b/c now one can truly say "everybody and their brother" can get a job with Morrissey!

*rimshot*

Back
Top Bottom