Ideas for Morrissey birthday card

One of my very good friends is a Moz fan, and her birthday is coming up. Whilst I don't have too much money to spend on presents, I am thinking of homemaking her a Morrissey card- a picture, quote, or something similar. So, apologies for being terribly unoriginal and uncreative, but does anyone have any helpful suggestions? :)

My mother-in-law made this for me:

BirthdayCard1-1.jpg

BirthdayCard2-1.jpg

Really? The respect built up over the years, gone in one moment. Cheap And cheerful maybe, but respectful no.

Really? The respect built up over the years, gone in one moment. Cheap And cheerful maybe, but respectful no.

GWTT - You can either do something funny with a picture or maybe you could a nice quote from a song in pretty writing with images those words evoke.

Morrizsey - LIGHTEN UP! First of all - the MAN POSED NUDE WITH A 45 ON HIS DING-DONG. He's not taking the image seriously and you shouldn't either. Morrissey has an amazing sense of humor and being that Scarlet has posted this card before on the Frink, I have no doubt he saw it and was most impressed with her mother-in-law's birthday-card making skills. And I don't know anyone with more respect for Morrissey than Scarlet Ibis. He knows how much he means to her - she's told him to his face more than once - and I'm sure he finds the card very humorous and clever. I doubt one card is going to demolish anyone's "respect built up over the years." Geesh.

I know it's totally out of character for me to go off like this but seriously people - criticizing hairlines and critiquing birthday cards? :confused:

I thought it was hilarious, and this was my mom giving my wife a card with a naked man on it. I love that my parents aren't your typical stick-up-the-butt parents. My mom isn't a Morrissey fan, and my wife didn't make the card, so I'm not sure who if anyone you'd lose respect for.

Note that the card was based on a commercially-made card of a greek statue or something, my mother just put replaced it with Morrissey as a joke.

Morrizsey - And I don't know anyone with more respect for Morrissey than Scarlet Ibis. He knows how much he means to her - she's told him to his face more than once

Yes, Scarlet Ibis and 9,999 other Morrissey fans have told him exaclty the same over the years. Morrissey will not remember the names / faces of any of them (except Julia:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

It lacks dignity. That's the point.

But it's basically just the photo from one of Morrissey's albums, that Morrissey released himself... just with the important bits covered by a moving arm. You'd have to blame Morrissey for the lack of dignity of the original photo which was only slightly modified... but then a card based on that wouldn't really be showing less dignity than Moz, but the same level.

Other than the Frink thread, Solo seems to have a lot of Morrissey fans who shun open sexuality and acting silly and "undignified." I don't get it, because Morrissey's lyrics are full of both of these.

Yes, Scarlet Ibis and 9,999 other Morrissey fans have told him exaclty the same over the years. Morrissey will not remember the names / faces of any of them (except Julia:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

:lbf: Recent evidence shows that not to be the case, but if it makes you feel better....

Oh, back to the subject - Girl-with-the-Thorn - I made Xmas cards one year after Angelina Jolie broke up with Billy Bob Thornton and it was collage. She was standing under the mistletoe and thinking about him in a thought-bubble. I made it with pictures from a magazine I was tossing and some scraps of Xmas ribbon I pulled out of the trash. You can really do a lot with very little. My last 2 display cases at work were created with a $0 budget! I hope you'll post your card when you are done with it. :)

My mother-in-law made this for me:

BirthdayCard1-1.jpg

BirthdayCard2-1.jpg

:lbf: I love it. Seriously, lighten up, Morriszey...

"Unhappy birthday" of course.
Or "It's not your birthday anymore" the following day

Oh, back to the subject - Girl-with-the-Thorn - I made Xmas cards one year after Angelina Jolie broke up with Billy Bob Thornton and it was collage. She was standing under the mistletoe and thinking about him in a thought-bubble. I made it with pictures from a magazine I was tossing and some scraps of Xmas ribbon I pulled out of the trash. You can really do a lot with very little. My last 2 display cases at work were created with a $0 budget! I hope you'll post your card when you are done with it. :)

Yeah, I was thinking something collage-y with perhaps 'Unhappy Birthday'. Thanks everyone for the input, I'll definitely post a picture when I'm done. :)

I can't remember the last time I saw a happy birthday greeting card with dignity, nor would I want one. dignity isn't really a common trait in most Birthday cards.

Oh, screw this site, I'm gonna go hang out at Morris-Day-Solo.com instead... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom