Idea for ticket selling threads in Marketplace...

unruly boy

So very sickened.
...feel free to shoot me down.

I have to admit that I'm suggesting this because I'm after spare tickets and missed out on one the other day because others got in first with the PM so...

I suggest, and this works very well on a West Ham forum that I post on, that there is a "sticky" thread at the top of the board for ALL gig tickets. Anybody who wants to buy/sell tickets simply then types which gig the tickets are required/being sold for in the title box when they reply i.e. 'Manchester 23/05' and then a brief message. If a ticket is sold/found etc. then the relevant poster can post another reply to that effect in order to let the mods know. This can then be deleted.

The advantage of this is twofold; firstly, it enables those who asked earliest and have waited longest, to get tickets first, sort of "first-come-first-served" basis, which is the fairest way of doing things IMO. Any poster who wishes to sell a spare can then look down the thread and PM the relevant user. Secondly, It stops the board being clogged up with old ticket threads and allows for any other relevant threads to be posted and seen.

As long as it's moderated correctly with irrelevant replies deleted and replies where a ticket has been found/sold also deleted it can work.:thumb:

As I said, it's just an idea but I have seen it work well on other forums where demand for tickets is high. It also gives posters a chance to help out fellow fans with tickets, particularly if you have a spare and someone else's ticket hasn't turned up.

It's still not going get to around the problem of someone beating you to it by PMing the seller before you manage to do. The seller will still need to then post (or tell a mod) that it has been sold - not much difference from the system at the moment - some sellers post when their ticket is sold, others don't.

My bug bear about tickets selling / swaping at the moment is just how much of it there is on the Marketplace thread - it means that the usual items such as records, books etc are soon lost to page 2.

I wonder whether a sub forum within Marketplace might be an option for people wanting or selling tickets? Obviously, it won't see any action for most of the year, but during tours it will be well used. Maybe each gig could have it's own thread, rather than everyone setting up a new thread with each request or ticket for sale.

Dave

Honestly I'm not really keen on having another sub-forum in marketplace which will be also targetted by spammers.

I think that's a great idea Dave :thumb:

I wonder whether a sub forum within Marketplace might be an option for people wanting or selling tickets? Obviously, it won't see any action for most of the year, but during tours it will be well used. Maybe each gig could have it's own thread, rather than everyone setting up a new thread with each request or ticket for sale.

Dave

Kewpie..I understand you don't want another subforum, but the marketplace section is a total nightmare..You need a sticky for each show so people can place there adds there. Its so random and confusing right now. Please reconsider :thumb:

Last edited:
Kewpie..I understand you don't want another subforum, but the marketplace section is a total nightmare..You need a sticky for each show so people can place there adds there. Its so random and confusing right now. Please reconsider :thumb:

Hmmm, everyday new users sign up.
On top of that I don't expect all the forum users fully understand the rules and the purposes of the forums.

Better leave them as they are.

The marketplace forum is a total mess..whatever :rolleyes:

On top of that I don't expect all the forum users fully understand the rules and the purposes of the forums.

In fairness to yourself, it's chaos on 'Marketplace' at the moment and there is no actual, formal queue for tickets.

I just think that, in the interests of fairness at least, it needs sorting. Some people have been waiting ages.

As I said, it works elsewhere, and there are clear rules on what to/what not to do and explanation of the conequences of any abuse.

It also hinders people selling things like rarities or collectors items that may be of interest because of the COLLOSAL amount of ticket threads on there.

I doubt I'm going to change yours, or anybody else who 'matters', mnd on this now so I'll stop wasting my energy typing.

In fairness to yourself, it's chaos on 'Marketplace' at the moment and there is no actual, formal queue for tickets.

I just think that, in the interests of fairness at least, it needs sorting. Some people have been waiting ages.

As I said, it works elsewhere, and there are clear rules on what to/what not to do and explanation of the conequences of any abuse.

It also hinders people selling things like rarities or collectors items that may be of interest because of the COLLOSAL amount of ticket threads on there.

I doubt I'm going to change yours, or anybody else who 'matters', mnd on this now so I'll stop wasting my energy typing.

I think what you suggest makes sense. However it is up to Davidt what gets added so on and yes while adding lots of sub forums and stuff could be messy I agree with you that a ticket are might be not a bad idea at all. Anyway your suggestion is out there. :)

Honestly I'm not really keen on having another sub-forum in marketplace which will be also targetted by spammers.

Democracy at it's finest.
Have a site feedback forum and if Kewpie doesn't go with the idea, end of subject:rolleyes:

it is up to Davidt what gets added

:clap::clap:

Jukebox Jury

Post the idea in Site Suggestions:it's up to David T then

Oops,it IS in site suggestions! Sorry,come done with the cold and head not working.
Seems a reasonable idea though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom