I'd like to offer my effort to 'remaster' anything by the Smiths or Morrissey

OtherWisdom

I am responsible for 'remastering' four Smiths performances that have come to be known as 'Silas Remasters'. I've, also, worked on some of Morrissey's material. Thanks to @DavidA for giving me these opportunities.

I've used the quotes around 'remastering' and 'remaster' because, technically, they aren't remasters considering I did not use (and didn't have access to) the original source materials. However, I did have access to the material that was very close to the originals.

The software capabilities, and knowledge of it, has increased substantially over the past year and I believe I'll be able to produce spectacular outcomes.

All of that being said, I'd love to work on any material that you'd suggest.

I am responsible for 'remastering' four Smiths performances that have come to be known as 'Silas Remasters'. I've, also, worked on some of Morrissey's material. Thanks to @DavidA for giving me these opportunities.

I've used the quotes around 'remastering' and 'remaster' because, technically, they aren't remasters considering I did not use (and didn't have access to) the original source materials. However, I did have access to the material that was very close to the originals.

The software capabilities, and knowledge of it, has increased substantially over the past year and I believe I'll be able to produce spectacular outcomes.

All of that being said, I'd love to work on any material that you'd suggest.
im sure someone will have something for you to work on.good to see somebody offering their sevices.

Are we talking audio and video, here......because there is a lot of video out there to start putting concerts together, and create Morrissey-Solo library of concerts for each show(obviously some shows won't be complete, because not all songs (believe it or not) are not recorded. Although kudos to several fans(every one knows there names, just check YT)that have traveled with Morrissey on UK tour and have done a fabulous job of getting history on film then posting .I personally keep up with every song played during each leg of each tour and collect the videos associated with each song, which includes YT, Instagram, etc, and available to everyone. .But maybe a shout out to see if a fan recorded a missing song not posted , may work.. It's a huge project, a tedious project, a slow process(1 show at a time), but can be accomplished....but imagine, at least 3/4 of all MOZ concerts either available on audio and video for anyone to see and hear....I know its available already, from some of the real die hands, home made bootlegs, just by asking them,(the kindness does exist on this site)......... But just imagine it's all available by clicking in the menu and not asking! .....just download ,if there is a show a fan went to and they want it for memorable reason, or for there own collection ......This would be Moztastic......also I know it got tried along time ago on a site that has gone away, I forgot the name, where you shared shows with others, but this site is alot stronger than that was, and technology has improved enough to where every show should be available now .... Big Dreams, I know, just sharing thoughts .

@OtherWisdom

If it’s audio, then I guess ROTT, since it’s been speculated on this site that heavy limiting during mastering may have compromised its sound quality. Would be interesting to hear if anything can be done with it.

Maybe take 2 songs, a slow and a uptempo song, and compare them side by side here with their original, so we could hear if an improvement is possible.

@OtherWisdom

If it’s audio, then I guess ROTT, since it’s been speculated on this site that heavy limiting during mastering may have compromised its sound quality. Would be interesting to hear if anything can be done with it.

Maybe take 2 songs, a slow and a uptempo song, and compare them side by side here with their original, so we could hear if an improvement is possible.
I'm willing to take a stab at that if you want...of course there is no guarantee that I would be able to improve the sound quality. Do you have access to the best source material for ROTT? If so, then please provide access to me so I can get started.

I'm willing to take a stab at that if you want...of course there is no guarantee that I would be able to improve the sound quality. Do you have access to the best source material for ROTT? If so, then please provide access to me so I can get started.

Not from my end, sorry. Someone else would have to chime in or send that, don’t even know what the best source would be. I’m actually fine with the album, though when it comes up, that’s a usual criticism of it.

Not from my end, sorry. Someone else would have to chime in or send that, don’t even know what the best source would be. I’m actually fine with the album, though when it comes up, that’s a usual criticism of it.
I am able to find a fairly decent source. However, I'm more concerned about what you have posited. Namely, that this album could have suffered 'heavy limiting during mastering'. Surely, as you've stated, this was speculative.

What is meant by 'heavy limiting' here?

This topic has been discussed quite heavily in the archive. Poor dynamic range, flat sound, overly loud and many other descriptors alleging production that didn't help the end product.
Personally, it's a bit 'sterile', but a decent EQ can fix that.

Of any use?
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom