IANADOAC test

terrancestamp

Should Morrissey be concerned if 100 Test Pressings can't sell for the new album after nearly a month on sale? Back in the day, those would not have lasted 24 hours. Does that speak to what his sales will be for this release? If you are devoid of intelligence please don't reply....

Should Morrissey be concerned if 100 Test Pressings can't sell for the new album after nearly a month on sale? Back in the day, those would not have lasted 24 hours. Does that speak to what his sales will be for this release? If you are devoid of intelligence please don't reply....

He has deeper problems than sales & he knows it, so no. It's not an area to panic about.

It’s not a test. Do you even know how records are pressed? These were stamped the same time as the stock LPs. They jump lump a load of white labels on, probably after the batch of stock LPs have been pressed tbh. These items are a lazy afterthought. Kudos to the fans that are refusing to buy them.

..my point is , these we’re not pressed in advance or the stock LPs. So by definition, can’t be tests. And even if they were pressed before hand, they were done minutes before and the labels were just switched out. Ironically, there will actually be legitimate tests, for this Mporium “Test”. Usually 5-10, but judging by how lazy the process seems to be these days, they prob done 1 test and thought f*** it, good enough.

I agree with you ordinaryboy86. These are really not test pressings. The question is, given the fact that he can't move these pseudo test pressings, does that reflect the times that Morrissey has lost his audience? These pseudo test pressings are billed special as a limited edition and some importance is given to them. In days past records like that would have sold out in minutes. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Good point Nerak that he has bigger problems. What are you referring too? For Moz it's all about album sales. What is more important than that to him?? If you say cancer I would agree.

I agree with you ordinaryboy86. These are really not test pressings. The question is, given the fact that he can't move these pseudo test pressings, does that reflect the times that Morrissey has lost his audience? These pseudo test pressings are billed special as a limited edition and some importance is given to them. In days past records like that would have sold out in minutes. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Good point Nerak that he has bigger problems. What are you referring too? For Moz it's all about album sales. What is more important than that to him?? If you say cancer I would agree.

I don't believe record sales matter to him, I think he just uses that as a thing to centre complaints around, because it's concrete. You get that with creative types. You have to work out what they're really upset about while they badger you about their shoes or some bloody thing.

The reputational crisis & the malaise that led to it is the thing he really has to tackle; his health, his lifestyle, the team he's got. I think in his late 40s he just decided it was truly hopeless, he'd never be happy & he's been drifting along ever since with nothing but the occasional drama to change his mood. At a guess.

It's true though. If he cared he'd do the rounds & he never does.

You see this is a man that would rather be blindly loved. I have had many conversations with Morrissey and the charts do come up a lot. Your point is valid in the fact that their is always something underneath the complaint, but it doesn't negate the complaint and make it less important.

He doesn't do the rounds because he is a true artist not driven by the music industry machine. If you know Morrissey at all you know that he is nobody's dog on a chain. He will not be silenced and he will do what he pleases no matter what his career looks like after the fact. That's what makes Morrissey Morrissey. He takes pride in being the outsider like most of us do. He is a true artist! Nothing like these consumer driven bands that die to appear anywhere so they can flog their latest record. I will leave you with a quote of a quote...."to withdrawn in disgust is not the same as apathy". Can anyone name that tune?

BTW, I see that you have just joined the group. Welcome! Glad to have more intelligent people hanging about. We are in short supply of them around here!

You see this is a man that would rather be blindly loved. I have had many conversations with Morrissey and the charts do come up a lot. Your point is valid in the fact that their is always something underneath the complaint, but it doesn't negate the complaint and make it less important.

He doesn't do the rounds because he is a true artist not driven by the music industry machine. If you know Morrissey at all you know that he is nobody's dog on a chain. He will not be silenced and he will do what he pleases no matter what his career looks like after the fact. That's what makes Morrissey Morrissey. He takes pride in being the outsider like most of us do. He is a true artist! Nothing like these consumer driven bands that die to appear anywhere so they can flog their latest record. I will leave you with a quote of a quote...."to withdrawn in disgust is not the same as apathy". Can anyone name that tune?

BTW, I see that you have just joined the group. Welcome! Glad to have more intelligent people hanging about. We are in short supply of them around here!

Thank you! It's nice to know I don't annoy everyone.

I know he's an artist & he hates the machine & he won't be silenced - but I hate seeing him create wounds & then leave them to fester. Sometimes you need to face the underlying issue.

Back
Top Bottom