IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

Did ya ever notice how folks always incorrectly interpret the information in these charts?
If 5,000 folks bought a Moz record in a certain country, then ya know that 5,000 folks
in that country got some style to'em.
There’s some truth to that but the effects are diminished in a venue with double the capacity. I saw half empty, rather than half full in London.

Yes, the Wembley gig. It must hold c.12,000 and there was around 6,500 in there I’d say. As Surface notes, Blackpool Empress Ballroom would be a perfect venue again. Around 10 nights in venues of that capacity would create the positive headlines he needs right now.
I've not seen official figures of Wembley but I was there in a good seated area where I was trying to get a feel for how many were there and I would estimate approx 8000. To my eyes anyway the floor looked three quarters full and I felt the seated sections looked pretty full too. I realise the end section furthest from stage had the upper tier blacked off.

Did ya ever notice how folks always incorrectly interpret the information in these charts?
If 5,000 folks bought a Moz record in a certain country, then ya know that 5,000 folks
in that country got some style to'em.
Well said Wild T!

There’s some truth to that but the effects are diminished in a venue with double the capacity. I saw half empty, rather than half full in London.
I've posted about my view in Wembley with an 8000 guesstimate which equates to two thirds full and that seems right to me, it was defo not half full.

they invited him on US Television and what did the idiot do? Wore a badge of a racist far right party...
but its never his fault its always the others

Morrissey is not consistent BBC material because he does not belong to the club. Individuals working in the BBC have given him publicity and airplay in the past but not at the moment, because everyone is too polarised and afraid of free speech. He's too independent. The BBC does not like personal sovereignty and Morrissey to his credit has never given his up. I don't know what Cliff Richard is doing in the same sentence as Morrissey, Cliff Richard was always in the club.
Morrissey will always sing his life irrespective of who is listening or buying, because he must.

He f***ed it up big time

Remember there was the chat going around of fans who decided not to go to Wembley despite having tickets, they were frightened to go because the virus was on the verge of causing Lockdown, the ticket sales for Wembley I believe were decent.

I've not seen official figures of Wembley but I was there in a good seated area where I was trying to get a feel for how many were there and I would estimate approx 8000. To my eyes anyway the floor looked three quarters full and I felt the seated sections looked pretty full too. I realise the end section furthest from stage had the upper tier blacked off.
On the basis that the front was very compressed, you might be right. I would like to know the actual head count. I had a pre-sale seat and there might’ve been a dozen people in my block. Blocks to the left and right were completely empty.

Well Hovis , surface....thanks for this, just watched it.... I always thought ... introducing morrissey was a cd or l.p., never realised it was a concert.......... school report cazbaz.... must do a lot better next term to keep up with the clever girls and boys on here RE morrissey history, that said well, that was classic mozzer, eh folks, the hair with the side boards, i always wanted a quiff from 15 years old, but twas to fine, now departed for ever more..... this is where we all want to see moz, these sort of venues...... one thing has always struck me with these fans invading the stage is how moz ,when grabbed by his fans, just crumbles into their chest for a second and gives himself to him, her.... also no patter between songs, pure energy from the start, to the end, except moon river, the start of the crooning years..... really enjoyed this and the stage invasions, well.... I'm sure I seen Benny on his hands and knees again in front of the boss.... he loves it all as well, as we know....thanks lads, made my night

Well Hovis , surface....thanks for this, just watched it.... I always thought ... introducing morrissey was a cd or l.p., never realised it was a concert.......... school report cazbaz.... must do a lot better next term to keep up with the clever girls and boys on here RE morrissey history, that said well, that was classic mozzer, eh folks, the hair with the side boards, i always wanted a quiff from 15 years old, but twas to fine, now departed for ever more..... this is where we all want to see moz, these sort of venues...... one thing has always struck me with these fans invading the stage is how moz ,when grabbed by his fans, just crumbles into their chest for a second and gives himself to him, her.... also no patter between songs, pure energy from the start, to the end, except moon river, the start of the crooning years..... really enjoyed this and the stage invasions, well.... I'm sure I seen Benny on his hands and knees again in front of the boss.... he loves it all as well, as we know....thanks lads, made my night
Confusingly, it is the name of an LP too.

I would like to see that too, and he’s just made a great LP. But even the current hostilities accepted, I’m genuinely surprised that I’m not a Dog has sold less than California Son.
California Son had two songs heavily played on national radio - Dog on a Chain had none. Makes all the difference.

Yes it is on you tube and I'm on that video, at the end where the footage of all the stage invasions are. I went to the Sheffield gig on that tour. I think Benny the British butcher was at the Blackpool one. The Empress Ballroom gig I went to was on the Quarry tour and it was my wife's first experience of a Morrissey gig, she was shocked at how manic the atmosphere was.
Can you show us? Like a screenshot or gif of you at that gig? I've seen that dvd 20 odd times. Definitely by favourite Moz performance.

Yes it is on you tube and I'm on that video, at the end where the footage of all the stage invasions are. I went to the Sheffield gig on that tour. I think Benny the British butcher was at the Blackpool one. The Empress Ballroom gig I went to was on the Quarry tour and it was my wife's first experience of a Morrissey gig, she was shocked at how manic the atmosphere was.

The first Camden one is easily forgotten because of how the tour ended but, that was an excellent night and set list to go with it.(y)

pS
I doubt the Bury Buffon (British Benny) has been anywhere. :highfive:

Can you show us? Like a screenshot or gif of you at that gig? I've seen that dvd 20 odd times. Definitely by favourite Moz performance.

I think they filmed the Sheffield and Blackpool gigs to make the video, I was at the Sheffield one.

The first Camden one is easily forgotten because of how the tour ended but, that was an excellent night and set list to go with it.(y)

pS
I doubt the Bury Buffon (British Benny) has been anywhere. :highfive:

British Benny has been to a fair few Morrissey gigs to be fair.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom