IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

There was a time when I thought that might happen, once his bank balance dropped low enough. But I don't think it's that simple any more. I think the moment has passed - there was a sweet spot a few years back when their paths collided and it was (apparently) talked about, then Morrissey (apparently) went off the idea. But since then Johnny has been very vocal about Morrissey's opinions, going out of his way to signal their differences. I can't help thinking even if Morrissey did come calling that it would be Johnny this time who would say no.

edited to say: I also think Morrissey, having been a solo artist for so long, would be reluctant to share the stage with anyone these days. He needs the adulation, he needs to be the centre of attention and he definitely doesn't want a deified guitarist hogging the limelight, having views on song choices or telling him what he can't say to the press.
johnboy would insist on kylie being on backing vocals.this is what happens when you play the game.

Where's your albums ? Where's that family you keep mentioning? What have you accomplished as great as Morrissey?

For the 20th time, I have not released any albums, my family are right here in the house with me as we are lockdown in the UK, everyone accomplishes great things.

Take your own advice, put Morrissey on ignore and move on.

applause.gif

I can't see him making that call as he seems quite happy with the loyal band members with him just now, Mando's the newest recruit but even he's been there for several years now and I like to see the current group behind Moz when they finally appear from the side of stage shadows. I agree with the rest of your post.
I would like to see that too, and he’s just made a great LP. But even the current hostilities accepted, I’m genuinely surprised that I’m not a Dog has sold less than California Son. The kind of record deal Morrissey seems to want will not be on offer from anyone. And those recording studios don’t come cheap. I would suggest, he’s going to have to be resourceful, creative and (cough) more compromising than he’s ever been before.

An alternative might be touring a ‘classic’ LP. Primal Scream had some success doing a Screamadelica tour some years back.

Morrissey is in new territory. And let’s not pretend that he’s completely unwilling to compromise for his own survival: remember that I Bury the Living T-shirt? So wrong, and on a few levels. I think it’s now sold out.

I would like to see that too, and he’s just made a great LP. But even the current hostilities accepted, I’m genuinely surprised that I’m not a Dog has sold less than California Son. The kind of record deal Morrissey seems to want will not be on offer from anyone. And those recording studios don’t come cheap. I would suggest, he’s going to have to be resourceful, creative and (cough) more compromising than he’s ever been before.

An alternative might be touring a ‘classic’ LP. Primal Scream had some success doing a Screamadelica tour some years back.

Morrissey is in new territory. And let’s not pretend that he’s completely unwilling to compromise for his own survival: remember that I Bury the Living T-shirt? So wrong, and on a few levels. I think it’s now sold out.
He won't compromise on any thing especially when it comes to having a deal with a label. Remember the long gap between years of refusal, and world peace, there really wasn't any label interested, until bmg came to the rescue... really who on eart would sign him now, with racism following his name at all times...

Morrissey general appeal ? Maybe a duet with Billie Eelish? Thank god
it’s not going to happen. Though he would like to stay longer in the charts, but, only on his own terms, people forget that he is a true artist, playing the game on his own terms, he understands the world of mass appeal, and at the end of the day, I’m sure he knows it’s not a place for an artist as authentic and unique as he his.

And most importantly a pandemic, no touring (show reviews,etc) and very little to nonexistent promotion from BMG are all detrimental to record sales and chart placings.

big surprise

case closed !

VIVA MOZ !!!!

VIVA IANADOAC !!!!

:tiphat:

:rock: :cool:

He won't compromise on any thing especially when it comes to having a deal with a label. Remember the long gap between years of refusal, and world peace, there really wasn't any label interested, until bmg came to the rescue... really who on eart would sign him now, with racism following his name at all times...
He waited it out for five years, back then. But I think he knew that, in the end, it would be there for him back in 2010. But I agree, without some inventiveness, waiting will only beget more waiting now.

He’s got a manager who seems invested in realising Morrissey’s commercial potential; they will be proactive because they must realise it’s slipping away. And, as happened for Cassandra, events are usefully catching up with Morrissey’s prophecies: the catastrophic aside, that can only help his cause.

Additionally, Morrissey won’t be playing vast aircraft hangars when he tours again. So he’ll be able to create a sense of urgency when tickets go on sale. That SSE concert was a mistake CazBaz, and I can only redeem it by imagining it to be an experiment to gauge the size, and enthusiasm, of his current fan base.

Nevertheless, it’s still all his to lose. But I can’t and won’t pretend all is OK. He’s just released a great album, with plenty of production polish, and those sales figures are f***ing shite.

Last edited by a moderator:
He waited it out for five years, back then. But I think he knew that, in the end, it would be there for him back in 2010. But I agree, without some inventiveness, waiting will only beget more waiting now.

He’s got a manager who seems invested in realising Morrissey’s commercial potential; they will be proactive because they must realise it’s slipping away. And, as happened for Cassandra, events are usefully catching up with Morrissey’s prophecies.

Additionally, Morrissey won’t be playing vast aircraft hangars when he tours again. So he’ll be able to create a sense of urgency when tickets go on sale. That SSE concert was a mistake CazBaz, and I can only redeem it by imagining it to be an experiment to gauge the size, and enthusiasm, of his current fan base.

Nevertheless, it’s still all his to lose.
The only thing he has left now is the touring really, yes ticket sales are slightly down, but that could be easily fixed with a decent set list, I my self won't be attending another 10k arena ever again, whoever it may be. .... another way I could see him making a bit of a Frank Sinatra come back would be to do here what he does in USA, maybe a 10 - 15 smaller venue tour .they are something very magical for the likes of us....why doesn't he do these smaller tours in Europe like does in the USA , as I've said before Hovis, I get the impression that them days are now long gone, he has turned his back on the uk I'm afraid.. you say SSE concert was a mistake...did you mean London?.

The only thing he has left now is the touring really, yes ticket sales are slightly down, but that could be easily fixed with a decent set list, I my self won't be attending another 10k arena ever again, whoever it may be. .... another way I could see him making a bit of a Frank Sinatra come back would be to do here what he does in USA, maybe a 10 - 15 smaller venue tour .they are something very magical for the likes of us....why doesn't he do these smaller tours in Europe like does in the USA , as I've said before Hovis, I get the impression that them days are now long gone, he has turned his back on the uk I'm afraid.. you say SSE concert was a mistake...did you mean London?.

I went to the first night of the Camden Roundhouse shows, that was a perfect venue for him. There are so many great venues he can choose from that hold anywhere between 2 and 5k people and generate a fantastic atmosphere. Blackpool Empress Ballroom and Sheffield City Hall are 2 that I have great memories of.

Last edited:
I went to the first night of the Camden Roundhouse shows, that was a perfect venue for him. There are so many great venues he can choose from that hold anywhere between 2 and 5k people and generate a fantastic atmosphere. Blackpool Empress Ballroom and Sheffield City Hall are 2 that I have great memories of.
WOW.... Blackpool ballroom.... you lucky sod, ive always wanted to see moz there.... you have my full attention pray tell me more dear boy, and no bull shit, lol

Yes, the Wembley gig. It must hold c.12,000 and there was around 6,500 in there I’d say. As Surface notes, Blackpool Empress Ballroom would be a perfect venue again. Around 10 nights in venues of that capacity would create the positive headlines he needs right now.

WOW.... Blackpool ballroom.... you lucky sod, ive always wanted to see moz there.... you have my full attention pray tell me more dear boy, and no bull shit, lol

You can watch it on DVD CazBaz. It’s where the Introducing Morrissey video was filmed, together with Sheffield. Must be on YouTube by now?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can watch it on DVD CazBaz. It’s where the Introducing Morrissey video was filmed, together with Sheffield. Must be on YouTube by now?
Really... i wasn't aware of this, I'll give you one guess what I'll be doing this evening..... and please no rude answers...( Oh go on then f*** it)

Really... i wasn't aware of this, I'll give you one guess what I'll be doing this evening..... and please no rude answers...( Oh go on then f*** it)

Yes it is on you tube and I'm on that video, at the end where the footage of all the stage invasions are. I went to the Sheffield gig on that tour. I think Benny the British butcher was at the Blackpool one. The Empress Ballroom gig I went to was on the Quarry tour and it was my wife's first experience of a Morrissey gig, she was shocked at how manic the atmosphere was.

Morrissey general appeal ? Maybe a duet with Billie Eelish? Thank god
it’s not going to happen. Though he would like to stay longer in the charts, but, only on his own terms, people forget that he is a true artist, playing the game on his own terms, he understands the world of mass appeal, and at the end of the day, I’m sure he knows it’s not a place for an artist as authentic and unique as he his.

And most importantly a pandemic, no touring (show reviews,etc) and very little to nonexistent promotion from BMG are all detrimental to record sales and chart placings.

big surprise

case closed !

VIVA MOZ !!!!

VIVA IANADOAC !!!!

:tiphat:

:rock: :cool:

Did ya ever notice how folks always incorrectly interpret the information in these charts?
If 5,000 folks bought a Moz record in a certain country, then ya know that 5,000 folks
in that country got some style to'em.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom