IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

6.000 is not selling well. Good grief. Regardless of chart numbers.

The album could have been number one with 12.000 sales or with 250.000 sales. I would beg to argue that 250.00 sales would be selling well. 12.00 would not. Get it?

No. Because he's a cult act. He got a chart position, some positive reviews & when the pandemic's over he'll be back to touring. Not all careers are measured in the same way. You're not his record company, you don't know what he's cost or what he's made or what the actual figures are.

It's not the catastrophe you're after. He's going to keep going.

Not clueless at all dear. Truth speaking. And if you don’t see the truth, that is your ignorant choice. Don’t go hating on me.
The word 'racist' is applied too liberally these days. Maybe once it meant something, but any good intentions have long gone and now it's solely used as a label to demonise people whose opinions are not shared by the labeller.

Moz loves Britain and doesn't want it turned into a country where British people are a despised minority lorded over by third worlders. I don't see that as hateful or unkind or deserved of a demon-label. Many of our towns have already been transformed like this in recent years.

And why you call him right wing is a mystery to me. He has never seemed part of any political wing. He has always appeared to be ideologically-free - somebody who thinks for himself.

Last edited:
The word 'racist' is applied too liberally these days. Maybe once it meant something, but any good intentions have long gone and now it's solely used as a label to demonise people whose opinions are not shared by the labeller.

Moz loves Britain and doesn't want it turned it into a country where British people are a despised minority lorded over by third worlders. I don't see that as hateful or unkind or deserved of a demon-label.

And why you call him right wing is a mystery to me. He has never seemed part of any political wing. He has always appeared to be ideologically-free - somebody who thinks for himself.

I've seen idiots use Morrissey's words about Brexit as 'proof' that he's right wing, as if supporting Brexit is exclusively for right wingers.

If Tony Benn and Peter Shore had been alive in 2016, they'd have voted Leave.

Furthermore, being right wing is not inherently evil, nor is being left wing.

You can agree or disagree with someone who has right wing views without being lazy and non-thinking enough to believe that they must be an evil person for holding such views.

People throw the term 'right wing' around like it's universally agreed to be some massive insult. It isn't.

Last edited:
Not mad. Disgusted. And I don’t care if atones or not. That won’t change the facts of the here and now.

What are you disgusted about? And have you seen the rest of UK politics? What would you prefer him to do? Nod along with whatever the acceptable prejudices are.

I've seen idiots use Morrissey's words about Brexit as 'proof' that he's right wing, as if supporting Brexit is exclusively for right wingers.

If Tony Benn and Peter Shore had been alive in 2016, they'd have voted Leave.
Yes, if anything Brexit is left-wing. It's the Labour Party who have changed and lost touch with the people it was formed to represent.

Those old-schoolers you mentioned were real left wingers - not the faux wannabes of today.

Why did you listen to his new album then?

Me listening to his new album doesn't change the fact that he is racist, misogynist, and right wing. Doesn't change the fact that his albums don’t sell. Radio won’t play him. What is your point?

I am interested in hearing his album, but I won’t pay to listen or pay to support his live shows.

I watched the Trump press briefing yesterday too. I still think he is an ignorant fool and a menace to the world. Doesn’t mean I support him or his views. See?

Moz loves Britain and doesn't want it turned it into a country where British people are a despised minority lorded over by third worlders. I don't see that as hateful or unkind or deserved of a demon-label. Many of our towns have already been transformed like this in recent years.

He's not said anything about being 'lorded over by third worlders'.

Moz loves Britain and doesn't want it turned it into a country where British people are a despised minority lorded over by third worlders. I don't see that as hateful or unkind or deserved of a demon-label. Many of our towns have already been transformed like this in recent years.

Ah doll, your truth comes out. You are a f***ing racist too. Got it. Thank god you left the EU. Good riddance to your kind. And I hope to hell the UK doesn’t try to extend brexit past this year due to Corona. Cheers and piss off.

Me listening to his new album doesn't change the fact that he is racist, misogynist, and right wing. Doesn't change the fact that his albums don’t sell. Radio won’t play him. What is your point?

I am interested in hearing his album, but I won’t pay to listen or pay to support his live shows.

I watched the Trump press briefing yesterday too. I still think he is an ignorant fool and a menace to the world. Doesn’t mean I support him or his views. See?

No. Because Trump's a politician who has an impact on the world regardless of if you voted for him or not.

Morrissey is a singer that you never have have to listen to or look at in your life again if you don't want to.

I'm not sure why you are here then. I don't visit forums dedicated to people I despise.

He's not said anything about being 'lorded over by third worlders'.
He never used those precise words, but he did say that he hears no English accents in London anymore, and that the floodgates have opened and anyone can come and join in now, which is a shame. He also said: England is now a memory.

I think we all know what he meant by this. It doesn't exactly need to be spelled out.

But more importantly, he is absolutely correct. As usual.

He's a great observer and very intuitive of what a lot of people are (secretly) thinking but frightened to say due to PC fascism.

Ah doll, your truth comes out. You are a f***ing racist too. Got it. Thank god you left the EU. Good riddance to your kind. And I hope to hell the UK doesn’t try to extend brexit past this year due to Corona. Cheers and piss off.

You're against racism but you're saying good riddance to everyone who lives in the UK because of one person's attitude?

You've fallen into bigotry because you're mad about something, so why are you mad at Moz?

No. Because Trump's a politician who has an impact on the world regardless of if you voted for him or not.

Morrissey is a singer that you never have have to listen to or look at in your life again if you don't want to.
You have a valid point. But from my perspective, I’m still interested in hearing from them both, but I still disagree with their world views. That’s my point. I can have both.

Really? I guess Gold album sales in the USA and the uk in the past are not indicators of good album sales and are an overestimate of sales those sales? And recent albums with no certifications and the most recent albums off the charts in two weeks are equal to the past?

Sure, he's had some fair selling albums. But he's only ever had one certificate in the US. Maladjusted and Your Arsenal have none at all. And remember, Morrissey's more fanatical followers think Paint A Vulgar Picture is a user's guide - if it's on four formats they'll have them.

You could then look at the big gigs he's done - the record breaking Hollywood Bowl and the Manchester Arena. But they were special events.

Then there's the tours of smaller venues with sales boosted from people that followed him around (is Julia still a thing?)

I'm not saying he's never been popular, I'm saying the level of that popularity is overestimated. I guess where his political views have damaged him the most is he's driven away the muso sections of the media that hyped him up the most.

You're against racism but you're saying good riddance to everyone who lives in the UK because of one person's attitude?

You've fallen into bigotry because you're mad about something, so why are you mad at Moz?
She's German - they're very woke.

He never used those precise words, but he did say that he hears no English accents in London anymore, and that the floodgates have opened and anyone can come and join in now, which is a shame. He also said: England is now a memory.

I think we all know what he meant by this. It doesn't exactly need to be spelled out.

But more importantly, he is absolutely correct. As usual.

He's a great observer and very intuitive of what a lot of people are (secretly) thinking but frightened to say due to PC fascism.

He said he liked the people, he just missed the old culture. So no, I wouldn't assume that he thinks 'third worlders' are a bad thing.

Sure, he's had some fair selling albums. But he's only ever had one certificate in the US. Maladjusted and Your Arsenal have none at all. And remember, Morrissey's more fanatical followers think Paint A Vulgar Picture is a user's guide - if it's on four formats they'll have them.

You could then look at the big gigs he's done - the record breaking Hollywood Bowl and the Manchester Arena. But they were special events.

Then there's the tours of smaller venues with sales boosted from people that followed him around (is Julia still a thing?)

I'm not saying he's never been popular, I'm saying the level of that popularity is overestimated. I guess where his political views have damaged him the most is he's driven away the muso sections of the media that hyped him up the most.

The detractors would like us to think that Morrissey's solo career has been like one long Quarry era - wall to wall top #10 singles, TV interviews and big selling albums - for the past 30 years, only to come to a shuddering halt when he opened his mouth about Brexit and Anne Marie Walters.

Any 'damage' to his career caused by this is greatly exaggerated. I suspect the loudest howls of indignation have come from the same old hacks who've never liked him anyway.

Let’s be clear - the UK is not a race. So me saying good riddance to a racist from the UK is not racist.

And anyone from the UK who talks about foreign influence as being a negative can f*** right off and go happily trot off on the Brexit train. Don’t look back. And don’t look for support from the EU ever again even during corona. Done. And for that belief I won’t apologize. But to be clear, I wish the uk had never voted to leave and I am very sad to see them go.

Yeah. Losing the hacks is the worst thing. It's also a thing you can get back. But he might like spending his twilight years being a smaller cult & ignoring them.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom