IANADOAC 2nd week UK charts

I Am Not A Dog On A Chain has dropped from #3 in its first week in the Top 100 Albums to out in its second week.

Also:
Dropped from #1 to #16 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
Dropped from #1 to #8 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
Dropped from #2 to #26 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Related item:

Is the fact that Thewlis is Dutch significant? Would you refer to him as African if that was the case? Or are you just a racist twat? No need to respond - we all know the truth.

Skinny thinks other countries are inferior to Britain.

Ah yes. Business people. Labels. They don’t see the issue of signing someone who can’t get radio play, can’t sell albums, and gets bad press. No hell of a big deal. Labels will line up to sign him.

You do realize that his album has sold less than 10,000 copies WORLDWIDE and has fallen off all major charts around the world in week 2? What world do you live in? Don’t ever apply for a job at a record label, mate.

Judging by your username I don’t understand why you would care or bother to keep track of such things. Those things matter to certain people in certain positions - but to the majority here? Doesn’t seem like it should. 10k albums worldwide is far from his glory days but is better than anyone around here could do in their lifetime.

if you think Morrissey sucks and this is a good thing - cool, move on with your life. If like him and declining sales worries you then that’s out of your hands besides buying your own copy. He’ll either pick up some other deal and this will happen again, or he’ll finally relent and release music independently online, or he’ll call it a day and move on. That’s it, but if you want to waste your time going on and on and on about an singer you think sucks, well...im glad I don’t have the same time on my hands that you do.

You're so obsessed you're checking his sales & you think he's finished?

He's got a core fanbase. He's getting attention. The album has sold. He's been around 40 years.
Based on his sales, he is insignificant to any label.

His “core fan base” could not muster sales over 10.000 worldwide. His album sold....less than 10.000. He has been around 60 years, I think. All facts. What you have wrote in your posts...fact? No.
Cheers. Happy weekend. Wash your hands.

Judging by your username I don’t understand why you would care or bother to keep track of such things. Those things matter to certain people in certain positions - but to the majority here? Doesn’t seem like it should. 10k albums worldwide is far from his glory days but is better than anyone around here could do in their lifetime.

if you think Morrissey sucks and this is a good thing - cool, move on with your life. If like him and declining sales worries you then that’s out of your hands besides buying your own copy. He’ll either pick up some other deal and this will happen again, or he’ll finally relent and release music independently online, or he’ll call it a day and move on. That’s it, but if you want to waste your time going on and on and on about an singer you think sucks, well...im glad I don’t have the same time on my hands that you do.

10.000 is better than anyone around here could do in their lifetime? And that has to do what with the price of milk? If my grandma had wheels, she’d be a bike.

I don’t know what the hell the big issue is here. Morrissey has never been this huge selling/charting artist. He has brief periods of cameos at the top and then falls away, the same as many other artists. His enduring legacy musically is not his sales and how well he charts (even if he dwells on it a bit). It’s the cult following and inspiring nature of his work to both fans and musicians alike. There’s really only a handful of artists, relatively speaking, who consistently chart high and maintain that placement for a long time.

Morrissey just isn’t one of those artists, and that’s fine, he doesn’t have to be. Now more than other times with the world being kind of crazy throws another spanner in the works in terms of album purchasing. It is what it is, it charted well initially, then it’s fallen away. I don’t know why people get so worked up over it one way or the other.

Some sense at last.

The haters make out as if Morrissey's chart career normally resembles something that would put Michael Jackson, Phil Collins and The Beatles to shame.

He's always been a critically acclaimed artist, but at no point in his career - before or after the laughable 'racist' accusations - has he been someone who ruled the charts. He's had his moments, a few #1 albums and top #10 singles, but they've never stuck around long.

California Sun (2019). Got to #4 (lower than Dog). Four weeks on the charts then gone.
Years of Refusal (2009). #3. Five weeks on the charts, gone.
Maladjusted (1997). #8. Three weeks on the charts, gone.
Southpaw Grammar (1995). #4. Four weeks on the charts, gone.
Kill Uncle (1991). #8. Four weeks on the charts, gone.
(source https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/13740/morrissey/)

None of those releases bettered IANADOAC's chart placing, and whilst they may have spent (marginally) more time on the charts, it's not like they lingered around for months on end.

It is also well known that charts generally are a young artist's domain. Record companies don't promote older artists the way they do with younger ones. So for Morrissey to release an album aged 60 which garnered a chart position better than some of his releases decades ago isn't really consistent with this narrative of him having lost his fanbase.

How exactly do these hateful former fans think IANADOAC would have fared if Morrissey had the 'correct' opinions about things? #1? #2? Perhaps it would have spent three weeks on the chart like Maladjusted did.

If Morrissey wasn't charting at all in any country, he'd probably be worried. But that isn't the case, no matter how much the haters might wish it to be.

I don’t know what the hell the big issue is here. Morrissey has never been this huge selling/charting artist. He has brief periods of cameos at the top and then falls away, the same as many other artists. His enduring legacy musically is not his sales and how well he charts (even if he dwells on it a bit). It’s the cult following and inspiring nature of his work to both fans and musicians alike. There’s really only a handful of artists, relatively speaking, who consistently chart high and maintain that placement for a long time.

Exactly. Coldplay's last album went gold in the UK (100,000). At least 10 times what Morrissey's album is likely to shift. Their album before that went quadruple platinum (1,200,000). And I'll bet their label spent on crisps what Morrissey's label spent in total. I don't recall Chris Martin coming out for the Conservative Party (although I wouldn't discount it)

Obviously his political views have put some people off. Then there's the album's hideous front cover (they couldn't have picked a photo that makes him look a bigger twat, and for the second album in a row). But don't discount that people might have just got bored of him.

I don't think Morrissey will ever "call it a day". Thank god.

10.000 is better than anyone around here could do in their lifetime? And that has to do what with the price of milk? If my grandma had wheels, she’d be a bike.

You’re the one trying to use it as a measuring stick of some kind, I’m trying to tell you there’s other ways to look at that measuring stick - that it’s really not that bad.

Either way, same advice as Skinny gets - you’re unwell and should move on with your life, obsessing this much over someone you hate isn’t healthy.

His fanbase is shrinking. He's getting attention for all the wrong reasons. The album has sold poorly. I just hope he realises all this.

I know you hope he's paying attention to you. But he's not.

He's not that type of artist. He loves all sorts of edgy outsiders & his inner circle is still in place.

He's got a strong enough base to keep going. It's a scandal that's just going to make him more interesting in the long run. And it's sold well enough.

You’re the one trying to use it as a measuring stick of some kind, I’m trying to tell you there’s other ways to look at that measuring stick - that it’s really not that bad.

Either way, same advice as Skinny gets - you’re unwell and should move on with your life, obsessing this much over someone you hate isn’t healthy.
Thank you for your unsolicited advice. I’ll provide some for you also, don’t bother arguing online with someone you don’t agree with. It isn’t health.

I simply posted my opinion. You are the one that went out of your way to respond to me unsolicited. Who is unhealthy?

Actually, I do like it. His best in 10 - 15 years, for sure
What's the problem then? Every artist is going to have points where their popularity concerning sales and gig tickets etc goes up or down. I'm sure Moz is feeling a lot of triumph at making an album that even his detractors like the NME have admitted is very good. Artistic achievement is what matters the most - unless you're a manufactured act.

Thank you for your unsolicited advice. I’ll provide some for you also, don’t bother arguing online with someone you don’t agree with. It isn’t health.

I simply posted my opinion. You are the one that went out of your way to respond to me unsolicited. Who is unhealthy?

You for continuing to hang around a website of an artist you think sucks.
Also it was you that responded to me first so ??‍♂️

Based on his sales, he is insignificant to any label.

His “core fan base” could not muster sales over 10.000 worldwide. His album sold....less than 10.000. He has been around 60 years, I think. All facts. What you have wrote in your posts...fact? No.
Cheers. Happy weekend. Wash your hands.

It's not a fact because you don't have access to all the sales information.

You'll still be complaining when his next record comes out.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info
Back
Top Bottom