Ian McCulloch and Arctic Monkeys reference Morrissey / The Smiths in concert

McCulloch from the Echo And The Bunnymen mentions Morrissey before playing Killing Moon in Toronto, Sept. 2022.
00:38 is the exact moment.

Update (Thanks to @Aubrey McFate for the transcription):
"Hey, brilliant, this is great. I think you should all move to England and come to all our concerts. It'd be great, honest. A lovely array of different types of people and styles and all that. So yeah, once again, I was, um, well, not was—I been decreeing some often brilliant-type things. And whatever Morrissey says, I'll say the opposite, 'cos he's a woeful idiot."
---
Arctic Monkeys do a snippet of This Charming Man in Istanbul, August 2022
2:15 is the exact moment.

Last edited:
He is usually incomprehensible but that I actually heard.

So brave! Great to hear that he would become a trump supporter and adore animal cruelty. All to own the Moz. What a stand.

Did he say something about the Queen? I couldn’t understand his mumbling.

"Hey, brilliant, this is great. I think you should all move to England and come to all our concerts. It'd be great, honest. A lovely array of different types of people and styles and all that. So yeah, once again, I was, um, well, not was—I been decreeing some often brilliant-type things. And whatever Morrissey says, I'll say the opposite, 'cos he's a woeful idiot."

Heaven Up Here is a great album and All My Colours a masterful song.

He's not been well on the whole US tour, he contracted corona virus early on which led to some cancelled gigs and seems to have struggled with his voice since then. He sounded fab in Manchester earlier this year.
OR.... maybe singing through a mask clogged his pipes.

I could only make out the swear words and M is a 4king idiot.
He doesn’t speak good England.

Still missed the Istanbul thing after listening to it three times.
Arctic monkeys my Arse.

What he actually said was "The new Suede album Autofiction is out today on grey or black vinyl, CD, and on streaming platforms."
Thanks for the reminder... I got tickets to see them. The last time they toured the US was in the mid 90's for dog man star. They did a couple gigs here and there but nothing I could get to.

Whom may I thank for the nap I took watching that Arctic Monkeys rubbish?

He said "the Queen's f***ing brilliant" and that Morrissey is a "f***ing idiot".
His point about saying the opposite of Morrissey is presumably a reference to The Queen is Dead.

LOSER. He’s like someone’s totally shitfaced grandpa. I don’t know whose, but i guess somebody’s.

Yeah, some could pull it off. It’s not a good look on him. Felt sad for him.

He's not been well on the whole US tour, he contracted corona virus early on which led to some cancelled gigs and seems to have struggled with his voice since then. He sounded fab in Manchester earlier this year.

If that’s the case, they really should not be touring. Maybe they couldn’t get out of a contract(?) I’m not a fan, and it seems they the fans don’t care ( could be wrong?). Now I can see why M would cancel a show if his voice was off, I believe that’s what people pay to hear.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom