Ian Curtis Film 'Control' On DVD 11th February

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Phill, you still don't remember that Anton Corbijn's film is titled Control, not Closer. :p

Closer is an album title of Joy Divison and a film directed by Mike Nichols BTW.

P.S. I corrected the thread title. ;)

Phill, you still don't remember that Anton Corbijn's film is titled Control, not Closer. :p

Closer is an album title of Joy Divison and a film directed by Mike Nichols BTW.

P.S. I corrected the thread title. ;)

Thanks Kewpie
I just dont know what it is but I always tell people it is called 'Closer' it's just programmed in to my head!
Hope it is not a question asked on The Eggheads:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Thanks Kewpie
I just dont know what it is but I always tell people it is called 'Closer' it's just programmed in to my head!

Jukebox Jury
I have to constantly have to tell people that isn't "Closer" as well:confused:. I will no doubt be getting the DVD for my birthday:) i can't wait to see it again. It's on at my local filmhouse this weekend so i think i may go see it again:rolleyes: But Morrissey comes first!

I enjoyed it as well. But every time Bernard Sumner was on screen, all I could see was a young Malcolm Macdowall.

control.jpg

Last edited:
My favourite bit was when 'Ian' was talking to the Belgium girl and she asked him
'What is your favourite colour'?
And he replied 'Man City Blue'.

She asks what 'Man City Blue' is and he replies
'Man City are a football team... and they play in Blue'

Great line!

Jukebox Jury

Excellent news. I can't wait to see it..

I was never a New Order fan before this film.
I have work retailing records for years so sold heaps of New Order but never really listened to them apart from 'love will keep us together' of course.
The film is stunning.
Their music is so passionate. I cannot wait for the DVD.

:)

I was never a New Order fan before this film.
I have work retailing records for years so sold heaps of New Order but never really listened to them apart from 'love will Tear Us Apart' of course.
The film is stunning.
Their music is so passionate. I cannot wait for the DVD.

:)

Last edited:
Thanks Kewpie

Jukebox Jury

I was exactly the same, it was programmed in my head for ages that it was titled 'Closer'

Back
Top Bottom