Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) on Morrissey - Classic Album Review / YouTube (April 18, 2023)

Ian Anderson ( Jethro Tull ) on Morrissey (33:29 mark)
" Morrissey gets my thumbs up "

Great interview by the way !!!

Sam should put this on Central and Morrissey should sing Aqualung on summer tour !!!
God Bless Morrissey , God Bless Ian Anderson . The Legends .

Last edited by a moderator:

probably easier to do if you’re playing the nose flute.

I wonder if Ian found out the Truth about Ruth :p

Curious that Anderson identifies Roger Waters as rock’s chief mouthy pariah—and
so ultimately the Pink Floyd protagonist has overtaken the punk upstarts in the ‘controversy’ (by which I mean challenging/questioning) stakes?

You never can tell where life leads.

Waters’ recent interview in The Telegraph was fascinating.

Morrissey is perhaps doing himself a disservice by no longer facing down the media: he was once brilliant at it—though he carried a broadsword rather than a rapier in later interviews. Nevertheless, I miss that aspect of his art.

Love it when two separate musical tastes of mine acknowledge one or the other positively.

I've been listening to Tull for longer than the Smiths and they are worlds apart but if you appreciate performance art and musical expertise then try Tull at their peak.

Anderson thinks it's Morrissey who writes the music. [Un?]fortunately, it's not. He should appreciate Whyte and Boorer more.

His appreciation didn't last long. Hr criticises Moz in this month's Mojo.

Due to his outburst on a recent BA flight. To be honest that was pretty awful to see.

His appreciation didn't last long. Hr criticises Moz in this month's Mojo.

Due to his outburst on a recent BA flight. To be honest that was pretty awful to see.
Can we find it online or could you possibly quote it here ?

Asks him what he is grooving to. he answers;-
'I immersed myself in Morrissey a few weeks ago. It was going fine for several trips abroad until he disgraced himself on a recent BA flight and behaved badly.
In seat 1a. Doubly annoying since that's where I normally sit'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom