"I Won't share you" and "Meat is murder" on NME's 30 best closing songs

Raphael Lambach

im clicking through all that but i hope the decemberists mariners revenge is on that list

I agree with I Won't Share You.

A disappointing list, in my opinion. I like picks such as "Meat is Murder," "Champagne Supernova," "Hurt," and that's about it. I like "I Won't Share You," but I've never loved it. Some other songs I would've liked to see on the list...

* "Suffer Little Children" by The Smiths
* "Speedway" by Moz
* "Oboe Concerto" by Moz
* "Blank Page" by The Smashing Pumpkins
* "Scream" by Echobelly
* "God Bless & Goodbye" by Morcheeba
* "The Tower" by Ice-T
* "The King Must Die" by Elton John
* "High Flying Bird" by Elton John
* "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)" by Billy Joel
* "Slowdive" by Siouxsie & the Banshees
* "Rhapsody" by Siouxsie & the Banshees
* "The Ghost in You" by Siouxsie & the Banshees
* "Love Out Me" by Siouxsie & the Banshees
* "Fight" by The Cure
* "The New Life" by Girls Names
* "Two Step" by Throwing Muses
* "Cowgirl in the Sand" by Neil Young
* "King of the World" by Steely Dan
* "Something in the Way" by Nirvana
* "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones
* "A Day in the Life" by The Beatles
* "Strike Up the Band" by Chic

Last edited:
yeah i dont think a lot of that should be there. im a giant nirvana kurt fan but something in the way shouldnt be there. aneurysm should though

Faith by The Cure?
I Remember Nothing and Decades by Joy Division?

sorry justin i mis wrote quickly. i intended to say that i dont think a lot of the stuff on the nme list should be there. the nirvana comment was the only comment directed towards your list.

sorry justin i mis wrote quickly. i intended to say that i dont think a lot of the stuff on the nme list should be there. the nirvana comment was the only comment directed towards your list.

Thanks, Anonymous. I liked your comment. I love "Something in the Way" because it's sad. A lot of my favorite songs are very sad. I've never heard 'Aneurysm" before and need to take the time to find it. I bet it's really good. I love "All Apologies" too and almost wrote it down. I've never heard the three songs that Gregor mentioned and want to listen to those too. A couple of others I thought of....

* "Harmony" by Elton John
* "Fever Few" by Throwing Muses
* "The Sun and the Rainfall" by Depeche Mode
* "Dream Attack" by New Order

Last edited:
yeah its pretty awesome so heres a clip. if you can track it down the version from the hormoaning ep is tops but the version found on incesticide is also very good. if smell like teen spirit was his love song to hanna among other things then this was his goodbye one of many among other things. sure line like shoot the sh1t could mean heroin, it does, but they also just used to hang around shooting random pieces of junk like old toilets to see them explode etc and he would get so nervous hed trow up around he and get sick (also drugs). fantastic song with the build and scream being beyond belief. one of the first signs there was gonna be that weird heavy sixties pop he could come up with

Nirvana - Aneurysm Lyrics HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTrGpncAxA

he was something special

yeah its pretty awesome so heres a clip. if you can track it down the version from the hormoaning ep is tops but the version found on incesticide is also very good. if smell like teen spirit was his love song to hanna among other things then this was his goodbye one of many among other things. sure line like shoot the sh1t could mean heroin, it does, but they also just used to hang around shooting random pieces of junk like old toilets to see them explode etc and he would get so nervous hed trow up around he and get sick (also drugs). fantastic song with the build and scream being beyond belief. one of the first signs there was gonna be that weird heavy sixties pop he could come up with

Nirvana - Aneurysm Lyrics HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTrGpncAxA

he was something special

That song was awesome! Who was Hanna? Was that his girlfriend? Did she die before Kurt? I liked the song, it was complex, definitely soulful, full of urgency and desperate. "Beat me outta me," I guess that can be looked at two different ways, actually four different ways. Thanks for posting this! Kurt was something special and he was authentic. He never put a mask on, he was always himself. Most people are too self involved and/or scared to spend time with someone like him, which is their loss. That last sentence made it sound like he's still here, which he obviously isn't. His passing is every music fan's loss.

Last edited:
yeah he was great. the beat me out of me sound like an exorcism or some crazy parent ready to beat the gay out of there son etc. she was a hardcore feminist and he always felt horrible in her presence because of his masculinity. also its of course about drugs as reality and metaphor maybe tio deal with how horrible he felt all the time despite people tellinghim how good looking he was. he and hannah were gonna be the king and queen of outcast teens which is a discarded line from teen spirit. kurt could write something that had multiple meanings all true. honest expression was his gift. his empathy. if you want sadder songs then try

sappy (about a housewife not realizing shes trapped in a laundry room like an animal)

do re mi was recorded in his closest two weeks before he died and goes do re mi please dont rape me etc

or the song he did on home four track with all the counter melodies and harmony all done by kurt called clean up before she comes caus etheyre living in a dusty dump

Back
Top Bottom