'I Wish You Lonely' next single...? Update - Official Lyric video posted

UPDATE Oct. 25:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The lyric video had resurfaced:

Also posted as a single on Spotify:

...if there are indeed such things as 'singles' anymore?

about an hour ago í got sent an e-mail update from the MorrisseyVEVO account announcing that they had just uploaded a new video 'I Wish You Lonely (Official Lyric Video) '.

By the time í saw the e-mail and clicked the link, the upload had been removed.

Just in time for Xmas...? :p

Posted by Famous when dead:

Oh...and this too:

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the writing on the poster say?

What does the writing on the poster say?
Trouble Loves Me, Can't make out what the bottom line is. Also the picture is photoshopped in case you were wondering
Morrissey-Diana-Dors-Hamish-Brown-Photography1.jpg

I've liked all of the songs we've heard so far, but it feels like history is repeating itself when it comes to poor choices for singles. The choices for World Peace... were awful, especially when you consider they had things like "Staircase..." available to them!

It'll be great to hear the studio version of "I Wish You Lonely", but I think it's a mistake for it not to be "All The Young People.." which is a corker and I cannot wait to hear the studio version of it.

I've liked all of the songs we've heard so far, but it feels like history is repeating itself when it comes to poor choices for singles. The choices for World Peace... were awful, especially when you consider they had things like "Staircase..." available to them!

It'll be great to hear the studio version of "I Wish You Lonely", but I think it's a mistake for it not to be "All The Young People.." which is a corker and I cannot wait to hear the studio version of it.

I agree I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it getting as much radio play as STDIB. 'I wish you lonely' doesn't have a chorus, it's not catchy. I like the song but I think it's a mistake as a single.

Released at midnight?

So they are making another "single" available the very week the physical release of STDIB comes out?

Also, from a sales perspective, wouldn't it have made sense for him not to have performed this song twice on internationally-available radio/TV broadcasts (and readily available on YouTube)? What I'm getting at is the die-hard Morrissey fans already have two copies of this song in concert, and have already pre-ordered the album, so they can probably wait three more weeks, no? If it was a song that had not been done in London or Berlin, maybe people would be more impatient and just buy it for $1.29.

Last edited:
It you change your iTunes Store to the New Zealand version you can listen to a minute and a half snippet.

I was wondering if he would sound different on the studio version, than singing live, but he doesn't :cool:

It´s slower than the live versions from London and Berlin! And there are even more noises than live.
Not radio-friendly at all.
No complaints from me so far :thumb:

It´s slower than the live versions from London and Berlin! And there are even more noises than live.
Not radio-friendly at all.
Only Moz can bend the laws of physics ;)
The song does sound slower, but the live Maida Vale version only runs 1 second shorter than the studio version!
Regards,
FWD.

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom