I will post unreleased versions of YATQ tracks...

grlmopz

...if some of you start sharing the tracks you've been hoarding for years!

I was the one who leaked the demo version of "Irish Blood, English Heart" a few months back and I'm still awaiting the upload of "Kit", "Home is a Question Mark", the alternate versions of "Frankly, Mr. Shankly", etc.

I'm still holding onto demos of "My Life is a Succession..." and "Let Me Kiss You" that I prefer over the released versions.

It's your move.

And exactly what tracks do you want us to upload? Since you have all the rare ones...

Just a quick note... the tracks you are making reference to are not YATQ demos. They were recorded in LA in 2002 mainly as a drummer audition (Deano). There are 5 tracks in total from this session which are: "Irish Blood, English Heart", "Let Me Kiss You", "My Life Is A Succession of People Saying Goodbye", "Teenage Dad On His Estate" and "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice".

3 track CDRs made their way to various people and industry sources as it was circulated to record companies and booking agents, etc. These CDRs included "Irish Blood, English Heart", "Let Me Kiss You" and "My Life Is A Succession of People Saying Goodbye". The other two tracks were not circulated and are thus far more rare.

Anyway, just wanted to give a little history on these tracks. To call them YATQ demos is incorrect since the were recorded almost two years before they even went into the studio to do Quarry. While these tracks can be looked at as rare of course (especially TDOHE and DMFODV), but to compare these tracks to likes of "Kit" in terms of rarity is a bit obsurd. I doubt anyone with access to such things as "Kit", etc.. is going to consider "leaking" them online just because something like this was posted.

Just a quick note... the tracks you are making reference to are not YATQ demos. They were recorded in LA in 2002 mainly as a drummer audition (Deano). There are 5 tracks in total from this session which are: "Irish Blood, English Heart", "Let Me Kiss You", "My Life Is A Succession of People Saying Goodbye", "Teenage Dad On His Estate" and "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice".

3 track CDRs made their way to various people and industry sources as it was circulated to record companies and booking agents, etc. These CDRs included "Irish Blood, English Heart", "Let Me Kiss You" and "My Life Is A Succession of People Saying Goodbye". The other two tracks were not circulated and are thus far more rare.

Anyway, just wanted to give a little history on these tracks. To call them YATQ demos is incorrect since the were recorded almost two years before they even went into the studio to do Quarry. While these tracks can be looked at as rare of course (especially TDOHE and DMFODV), but to compare these tracks to likes of "Kit" in terms of rarity is a bit obsurd. I doubt anyone with access to such things as "Kit", etc.. is going to consider "leaking" them online just because something like this was posted.

Ah yes. I remember reading about how these are from a really early session. Got played once in a club, or something...
I have to agree though, not in the Kit realm of obscurity probably.

How did you get this info about which tracks were recorded?
Do you have them....?

Do we really need this stuff? I mean, really?

No one really needs them. But I'd say that many of us here are completists.
Besides, the demo for Irish Blood, English Heart had big enough changes lyrically for me to really want to hear the rest of the demos.
Always love to see a song evolve.

This is very interesting information, I didn't know that. I thought that only Quarry songs already written in 2002 were the songs performed on the tour.

Do we really need this stuff? I mean, really?

Yes, really.

(Truth is I didn't have anything special to say, just wanted to see how this multi-quote stuff works).

Can someone upload the 'demo' version of IBEH please? :D

Thanks, others?

That version of IBEH is sweet, thanks! Can anyone post the others listed? I'd love to hear those too. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tom

If this was indeed the case, would you have any insight as to why Dean was thanked on the Rhino Best Of in fall of 2001, which was months before he was announced as the new drummer?

To my ear, these sound like relatively polished recordings and more like demos (perhaps for record company consideration) than rehearsals.

Cheers,
Jamie

So, those songs were written and "demoed" prior to the 2002 tour, but not played? Interesting as I would have and still prefer many of those to "Mexico" which was played....

Originally Posted by Tom

To my ear, these sound like relatively polished recordings and more like demos (perhaps for record company consideration) than rehearsals.

Cheers,
Jamie

The MP3 tag for the file says it's from the "Cherokee Sessions." Cherokee is a recording studio in West Hollywood, and it does mention Morrissey as one of the people who used its facilities. It doesn't say when or for what reason, but I thought that this information might help. I agree that the recording sounds more like a demo, though.

Great quality, and a very nice version ... thank you! Was the original file mp3 or m4a? If it was mp3, could someone please post it again?

No, it was originally an m4a. I caused some confusion when I referred to an "mp3 tag"... what I meant was the file's ID3v1 tag.

Back
Top Bottom