I was approached by a lovely man.

mspendl828

Banned
So I'm minding my own business down the old main drag, just doing a bit of book-shopping in the bookstore. As I'm browsing the aisles, distracted by all the books about sexy vampires, I accidentally bump into a man. I apologize, as does the man.

The man then asks me "So you're a young man, what do you think about all of these things that are happening in the world?". I was intrigued. "What like, the economy?" I asked. He said "Well yes that, and Gaza and Russia and war, and all the things that are happening". I said, "Well I try not to think about it haha ok see ya" as I didn't feel this was the time or place for one my right wing rants.

And then he said,

"You know, when I was younger than you, actually at the age of 9, my grandmother started speaking in tongues".

"wat".

"Yes, it was this miraculous language, and because of that, my family went to *name of country omitted because I can't remember*. When I was there, I was in a room with many people, and some of the people were literally glowing, with a brilliant light"

"Glowing, you say?"

"Yes, they were lit up with the enlightenment of the lord".

"Oh, good"

"And I can see that you are not"

"I'm not glowing, no"

And then he said some more things, but in the end he invited me to come to his church, this Sunday at 2pm.

So I'm minding my own business down the old main drag, just doing a bit of book-shopping in the bookstore. As I'm browsing the aisles, distracted by all the books about sexy vampires, I accidentally bump into a man. I apologize, as does the man.

The man then asks me "So you're a young man, what do you think about all of these things that are happening in the world?". I was intrigued. "What like, the economy?" I asked. He said "Well yes that, and Gaza and Russia and war, and all the things that are happening". I said, "Well I try not to think about it haha ok see ya" as I didn't feel this was the time or place for one my right wing rants.

And then he said,

"You know, when I was younger than you, actually at the age of 9, my grandmother started speaking in tongues".

"wat".

"Yes, it was this miraculous language, and because of that, my family went to *name of country omitted because I can't remember*. When I was there, I was in a room with many people, and some of the people were literally glowing, with a brilliant light"

"Glowing, you say?"

"Yes, they were lit up with the enlightenment of the lord".

"Oh, good"

"And I can see that you are not"

"I'm not glowing, no"

And then he said some more things, but in the end he invited me to come to his church, this Sunday at 2pm.

I thought you were gonna say that he asked whether he could suck your dick.

don-gilet.jpg

Not this chap inviting you to the East London Pentecostal Church, was it?

I wore a Marie Leveau's House of Voodoo t-shirt to an eye exam once. The nurse asked me if I had ever heard of Jesus Christ. :D

Its a mighty fine line between religious experience and psychosis.

Tags
this charming man
Back
Top Bottom