I want to go to Los Angeles Ca SO BAD!

Every since I began to listen to Beck ive been wanting to go to Los Angeles CA because thats where Beck was born and raised and where he lives there and I begin to feel depressed and cry for hours and my parents arent really helping me and I hate living on the east coast theres nothing going on here and the weather is bad and there is nothing but middle class families where I live can anyone please give me advice and there is no cute boys with blonde hair! :(

I also want to go there, especially being from the UK, I want to see what all the fuss is about.
Would also love to visit New York :love:

I also want to go there, especially being from the UK, I want to see what all the fuss is about.

I want to go to New York. I went there as a child and remember parts of it very clearly. 1978 New York is probably way different than 2013 New York. Also Lindsey, Los Angeles is very smoggy. But it's lovely, strip malls and bad traffic aside, there's a lot of amazing little neighborhoods, like countries within a country. And beach to the mountains in a day is pretty amazing.

What your typical trip to either place will end with:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to live in queens ny I did not see any celebrities :(

- - - Updated - - -

I want to go to New York. I went there as a child and remember parts of it very clearly. 1978 New York is probably way different than 2013 New York. Also Lindsey, Los Angeles is very smoggy. But it's lovely, strip malls and bad traffic aside, there's a lot of amazing little neighborhoods, like countries within a country. And beach to the mountains in a day is pretty amazing.
Where did you grow up chrystalgeezer?

I was born in Cairo, California and went to school with Doris Day's grandchildren. They were just like anyone else. They didn't ask to be treated special. It would have been a whole different story in New York City.

Where did you grow up chrystalgeezer?

I was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We moved to California in 1980 when I was 5. I feel like a Cali native since all my extended family is here, my parents randomly lived in Lancaster when I was born, I have no ties there.

LA is a beautiful place and there's loads to do, but the only time I miss living in Southern California is when Morrissey is touring. He plays extensively out there. I lived in the San Bernardino area. Loved the sky at night. And, CG is right - a drive from the mountains to the sea in such a little time span is very nice. In a way, there's something really magical about it all - in my opinion. I wouldn't want to live there again, but I sure love to visit. I've been to NYC twice. Last time I was there in 2009, I spent most of the time making up my own James Dean tour - visiting all the spots he once hung out in when he lived there. Even stayed at the Iroquois Hotel. That was amazing to me.

I can see where you're coming from - I used to feel the same way. So, I went for it. But, I'm glad to be back on the east coast. :)

Back
Top Bottom