Morrissey Central "I TRAVELED TO A MYSTICAL TIME ZONE BUT I MISSED MY BED SO I CAME STRAIGHT HOME" (July 14, 2020)

I TRAVELED TO A MYSTICAL TIME ZONE BUT I MISSED MY BED SO I CAME STRAIGHT HOME

Links to 15 Spent The Day In Bed cover version videos (seriously).

SER shared the above link on FB a few minutes after it appeared on Central.
Regards,
FWD.

of course its sweet,it leaves these wee old people open to abuse on here,would love to see some of the twats on here,half of them probably look like theyv been dressed by stevie wonder.

That is a point - there are some horrible posters on here.

Hopefully they'd notice it was mainly ways of carping about Moz & would ignore it.

I’m beyond expecting coherent promotional content from Central. I’m trying to embrace it as a subversive online occupation.
I've struggled a bit with some contents from Central, and it will probably happen again.

I think you are right though.

This time, however, I liked it a lot. Some covers are really sweet (that mouse puppet!).

I love those who love Morrissey.

Ego.
Narcissism.
Self promotion.
All that makes morrissey horrible.

I think that if it's Sam looking for and posting these, besides the fact that Morrissey is probably asking him to keep Central "alive" no matter what (lol), any kind of attention his uncle gets, he feels like he's getting himself.
Seeing ordinary folks covering his uncle's songs must make him feel important. I think he largely lives vicariously and has nothing else very gratifying in his life. This may also make him feel like he's part of something, like he belongs.

It's hard to like Sam, but it's also hard to hate him. He's just a victim of nepotism and clan mentality.
I don't think Morrissey thinks about him much. Family or not, looks like he's just using him, like anybody else in his life.
I think most caring, reasonable people would abstain from giving young ones in their families the sort of easy lifestyle that looks like a blessing, but is often a curse. Getting used to the perks of somebody else's fame at a young age can't be good for the construction of an independent life and balanced personality. And it seems the nephew has been riding the uncle's coattails for a bit longer than strictly necessary.

(There. If they find Sammy's body in a ditch outside Las Vegas in a few years' time, you'll know who to quote.:cool: ).

These were great actually, all different in their own way, although you could say, in their different ways they are the same...
Just imagine though how great you would actually feel, if you were the person(s), who'd made a video singing/playing a Moz song, & it had been picked to appear on Central? Proud as punch I think.
Well done to all selected.

some of you folks are negative nancys. these videos are totally fine to post.

I'm sure they are, TPR, but the person in blue in the video still posted above looks a lot like Andy Rourke, and I prefer to keep my memory of him as he was in the Smiths. :guitar:

Why wouldn't he share these video's? It's a nice sign of appreciation and acknowledgement from Moz. Some people here are always moaning and complaining, get a life.
Sharing 1 or 2 videos - fine. 15 videos of covers of the same song shows pretty epic levels of single-minded obsession (and, if it's coming from Moz himself, narcissism.) As with those posts that just show a random photo that just happens to have someone wearing a Morrissey T-shirt, the image it leaves us with is an artist (or his obsessed nephew) sending hours trawling though youtube/Google to find every mention of his name, and ultimately it all just feels a bit tragic.

I'd feel just as queasy if Johnny Marr had posted 15 cover videos of 'Easy Money'.

...There's also the fact, of course, that one wants to appear like " a man of the people", close to the the simple ordinary folks who listen to him and sing his tunes in their ordinary living-rooms. Awww. The common people love him they do.

...While, in his millionaire's lair, one actually thinks of simple ordinary folks who wear masks and clap for the NHS as... idiots.

....Close enough?

:)

...There's also the fact, of course, that one wants to appear like " a man of the people", close to the the simple ordinary folks who listen to him and sing his tunes in their ordinary living-rooms. Awww. The common people love him they do.

...While, in his millionaire's lair, one actually thinks of simple ordinary folks who wear masks and clap for the NHS as... idiots.

....Close enough?

Not idiots, just deadened, placated instruments. He wants people to aspire to something more. Perhaps something human?

Sharing 1 or 2 videos - fine. 15 videos of covers of the same song shows pretty epic levels of single-minded obsession (and, if it's coming from Moz himself, narcissism.) As with those posts that just show a random photo that just happens to have someone wearing a Morrissey T-shirt, the image it leaves us with is an artist (or his obsessed nephew) sending hours trawling though youtube/Google to find every mention of his name, and ultimately it all just feels a bit tragic.

I'd feel just as queasy if Johnny Marr had posted 15 cover videos of 'Easy Money'.

It doesn't take hours - algorithms & being @'d in make it easy.

They probably spend next to no time on it.

Just like I nip in here every 3 seconds while still doing the thing I'm doing.

....Close enough?

Man of the people???????? People??????????

Man of the cats maybe.

It doesn't take hours - algorithms & being @'d in make it easy.

They probably spend next to no time on it.

Just like I nip in here every 3 seconds while still doing the thing I'm doing.
Like being mentally ill.

Not idiots, just deadened, placated instruments. He wants people to aspire to something more. Perhaps something human?

I once felt like a deadened, placated instrument...And then I stopped listening to Morrissey, and felt a whole lot better.;)
Ah well. We all see him in different ways.

On a side note, I just understood your username. Had totally forgotten I used to buy that brand! You're great for beans.

Man of the people???????? People??????????

Man of the cats maybe.

I've just spotted a cat cleaning its bumhole in the garden.
Normally I chase unknown cats out of here (as they kill little animals and finding severed heads makes me grumpy) but I'm going to try and be more patient, now that I know they're just lost Morrissey fans.
:rolleyes:

I've just spotted a cat cleaning its bumhole in the garden.
Normally I chase unknown cats out of here (as they kill little animals and finding severed heads makes me grumpy) but I'm going to try and be more patient, now that I know they're just lost Morrissey fans.
:rolleyes:

Morrissey loves cats & you know it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom