"I think the whole Morrissey question is quite complex" - Kevin Cummins in The Mouth Magazine

An anonymous person writes:

Really good interview, mostly about Kevin Cummins new Manics book but a few mentions of Morrissey / The Smiths (and New Order and Joy Division).

Kevin Cummins interview - The Mouth Magazine

Excerpt:

THE ISSUE OF CONTROL… AND TRUST?
Yeah. For instance, I went to Japan with Morrissey. We didn’t have a feature lined up or anything like that, we just wanted to put him in the paper. I said to him “You don’t have to do an interview – you don’t have to do anything. I’ll just come over and spend seven days with you and then you can see the pictures we’re using and you can write the captions”. It was great. Rather than just send us a list of typed captions, Morrissey actually hand wrote them in crayon or whatever, and sent me a box of A4 sheets with them on. You can’t do that sort of thing anymore, that wouldn’t happen now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember them well they were printed in the NME and the following week they were going to hold a competition to win them but for some reason Morrissey put a stop to it?

Please. Kevin Cummings was hanging out with Clover Dean in la.

Great interview. Love this pic. I bet it will be in the upcoming New Order book out in March.

dca1fd05dfe1e43bb2ac1d78ed2108b5.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom