i think i've switched allegiance, sorry morrissey

bagface

saw springsteen for the second time last night and was blown away for a second time. i've got to say...to all of the people that think morrissey puts on a good show for his age etc. etc. the boss still f***ing ROCKS and plays MUCH longer sets than morrissey. frankly, springsteen blows moz out of the water. his set lists are much more varied too and he plays all kinds of material and switches it up from night to night. springsteen is 10 years older than morrissey and morrissey has 1/3 of the energy or excitement that springsteen has. morrissey seems to be going through the motions now while the boss on the other hand seems happy as hell to be doing what he's doing. sell your morrissey tickets and see springsteen.

saw springsteen for the second time last night and was blown away for a second time. i've got to say...to all of the people that think morrissey puts on a good show for his age etc. etc. the boss still f***ing ROCKS and plays MUCH longer sets than morrissey. frankly, springsteen blows moz out of the water. his set lists are much more varied too and he plays all kinds of material and switches it up from night to night. springsteen is 10 years older than morrissey and morrissey has 1/3 of the energy or excitement that springsteen has. morrissey seems to be going through the motions now while the boss on the other hand seems happy as hell to be doing what he's doing. sell your morrissey tickets and see springsteen.

Oh, you are funny. :lbf:

let the bruce bashing begin. :rolleyes:

I'm obviously a bigger fan of Moz, but I love Bruce too. havent seen him live though, but i can understand what you mean, bagface, just from seeing him on tv and stuff.

I didn't know that we were supposed to choose one OR the other.

Morrissey told me I could have both.

To all the people who like fine restaurants with world-class cuisine, fancy tablecloths, delicious wines, and a beautifully decorated room overlooking all of Paris, I gotta tell you, at McDonald's you can order from dozens of different items, the food is a fraction of the cost, you can drive right up to a window and pick up your food right from your car, the lines are short, and best of all you can be done with your meal in 20 minutes, 25 if you do the Happy Meal Word Puzzle. Sorry guys, I'm going McDonald's!

:D

Last edited:
hahaha

To all the people who like fine restaurants with world-class cuisine, fancy tablecloths, delicious wines, and a beautifully decorated room overlooking all of Paris, I gotta tell you, at McDonald's you can order from dozens of different items, the food is a fraction of the cost, you can drive right up to a window and pick up your food right from your car, the lines are short, and best of all you can be done with your meal in 20 minutes, 25 if you do the Happy Meal Word Puzzle. Sorry guys, I'm going McDonald's!

Don't worry no one stops you eating at McDonald's.
Bon appetite!
;)

Ledge post:thumb:

:rofl: x one zillion

To all the people who like fine restaurants with world-class cuisine, fancy tablecloths, delicious wines, and a beautifully decorated room overlooking all of Paris, I gotta tell you,

does not equal

fat, whiny old douche who needs to be treated like a princess and can't even show up to his concerts.

does not equal

fat, whiny old douche who needs to be treated like a princess and can't even show up to his concerts.

I don't like that behavior any more than you do. But you know what? Morrissey makes music that is infinitely more important than Springsteen's. And I'm not even hating on Bruce, I like a few of his songs and I'm glad he's out thrilling his fans to epic concerts. No shame Bruce's way. Being inferior to Morrissey merely makes him the same as 99.7% of the other singer-songwriters in history.

The point is, Morrissey makes the great music he makes because he's simply himself. He's not a "boss", he's not a "showman", he's not carefully arranging a "career". It's what makes him Morrissey. You take the good with the bad, and the bad is, yeah, sometimes on a tour he's going to lock himself in a hotel room because he stubbed his little toe. So what? You take that way, you take away the heart and soul of his art.

The other day I visited the link to the 40 greatest rock front-men that somebody posted here. I saw a video for "Born To Run" (Live). Do you know that one? It came out when Bruce released that mega box set many years back. Great, great song, and you can't help but admire his performance in the video. What a band, too! I looked at the pre-Conan Max with newfound respect.

But as I watched I became aware of something else. The video is artfully constructed of various clips of Bruce and his band playing live all over the world. It looks like a single performance, but the clothes keep changing, it's night, then it's day, then it's an arena, then it's an open-air venue, etc. Bruce leaps up in London and lands in Newark yet the song surges forward. The message being: Bruce is the Boss. Bruce will shower Row 77 with his holy sweat. Bruce brings it 100% every time out. One Springsteen concert is as good as any other, year in and year out, any place in the world.

Sorry, but that's fast food.

I don't like that behavior any more than you do. But you know what? Morrissey makes music that is infinitely more important than Springsteen's. And I'm not even hating on Bruce, I like a few of his songs and I'm glad he's out thrilling his fans to epic concerts. No shame Bruce's way. Being inferior to Morrissey merely makes him the same as 99.7% of the other singer-songwriters in history.

The point is, Morrissey makes the great music he makes because he's simply himself. He's not a "boss", he's not a "showman", he's not carefully arranging a "career". It's what makes him Morrissey. You take the good with the bad, and the bad is, yeah, sometimes on a tour he's going to lock himself in a hotel room because he stubbed his little toe. So what? You take that way, you take away the heart and soul of his art.

The other day I visited the link to the 40 greatest rock front-men that somebody posted here. I saw a video for "Born To Run" (Live). Do you know that one? It came out when Bruce released that mega box set many years back. Great, great song, and you can't help but admire his performance in the video. What a band, too! I looked at the pre-Conan Max with newfound respect.

But as I watched I became aware of something else. The video is artfully constructed of various clips of Bruce and his band playing live all over the world. It looks like a single performance, but the clothes keep changing, it's night, then it's day, then it's an arena, then it's an open-air venue, etc. Bruce leaps up in London and lands in Newark yet the song surges forward. The message being: Bruce is the Boss. Bruce will shower Row 77 with his holy sweat. Bruce brings it 100% every time out. One Springsteen concert is as good as any other, year in and year out, any place in the world.

Sorry, but that's fast food.

Very well said. :clap:

he's not a "showman"

sure he is. he gets up and struts his stuff with his chord whips. he rips his shirt off twice a show...at the same time in the show mind you. its strategic. just as strategic as Bruce's crotch slides into tv cameras. :rolleyes::p

While Rush doesn't change the setlist.. they are 56/57 years old. They do a 90 minute set, take a 20 minute break and do another 90 minute set.

They play with a ton of energy and they never fail to deliver, they rarely cancel shows.. when they do they almost always come back and make them up.

The point is not that anyone should start liking Rush because of these things.. the point is that there are rockers out there who push themselves WAY harder and are older and while I am not a big fan of the boss (although The River is brilliant) I can appreciate what he offers to his audience.

I of course voted that Moz cancels a lot of shows because he's a vegetarian... but that was a joke.

Tags
bombd in da usa born to hum i'm da boss the boss the river theboss=tramp thebossisshite tony danza rulz tony danza? who is david? who's the boss?
Back
Top Bottom