I started something I couldn't finish: the Smiths reunion that wasn't - The Guardian

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by Halloway, Jan 30, 2018.

By Halloway on Jan 30, 2018 at 2:19 PM
  1. Halloway

Halloway Guest

A somewhat padded-out interview with Messrs Joyce and Gannon about the recent Classically Smiths debacle.

I started something I couldn't finish: the Smiths reunion that wasn't - The Guardian
    Three former members of the indie band were due to reunite for a series of gigs that fell apart as soon as they were announced. Mike Joyce and Craig Gannon explain why they tried to make it happen

[​IMG]

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by Halloway, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Amy would say this is evidence that these two were bum chums. Bollocks, I say!
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. swift eclipse
      swift eclipse
      Fuck off, you creepy piece of shit.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    3. Amy
      Amy
      :lbf: Ooohhh, I sayy
      • Funny Funny x 2
    4. Oh my
      Oh my
      All you need is love.
      [​IMG]

EDIT: Nothing is real!
      • Troll Troll x 1
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I submit to the evidence folder...

[​IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 2
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I submit to the evidence folder...Morrissey loves pussy

[​IMG]
    7. bhops
      bhops
      All I can conclude from this entire thread and accompanying photo is that Mike Joyce has spent so much time with his accountant trying to figure out how to get Morrissey’s money that he has actually turned into one himself.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You should research Uncle Skinny's posts to see how to construct a joke.

The first part of your sentence is too long-winded and convoluted leading to reader fatigue and your punchline is poorly rendered as the audience can't work out whether Mike Joyce has turned into an accountant, Morrissey's money, the accompanying photo or the entire thread.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. bhops
      bhops
      Yeah this site doesn't really get my best work, it shows doesn't it? :lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:
      • Funny Funny x 3
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      [​IMG]

Johnny, couldn't you move the guitar aside, just this once please?
      • Funny Funny x 3
    11. evennow
      evennow
      Or...Moz wanted to take an up close look at the instrument that would later lead to his ability to stay in five star hotels all across the world! :guitar:
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Dingoatemybabby
      Dingoatemybabby
      So close and yet so far!
      • Funny Funny x 3
    13. swift eclipse
      swift eclipse
      ...or the instrument behind the instrument. :horny:

The one he wanted but couldn't have.
      Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
      • Troll Troll x 1
    14. evennow
      evennow
      I love your moniker.

[​IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. Dingoatemybabby
      Dingoatemybabby
      Thanks for the gif! I remember the horrible incident and the movie, but Dingoes Ate My Baby was also the name of Oz's rock band in Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show. Unfortunately they sounded nothing like the Smiths. Loved that show though!
    16. evennow
      evennow
      Sarah Michelle Gellar is so great. Had no idea that this was a band name, but I quite like it:

17. evennow
      evennow
      I replied but forgot to tie it to this post...check it out. I am sure you will like it.
    18. Dingoatemybabby
      Dingoatemybabby
      Aw, thanks for posting that's very kind of you!! I was over posting about Johnny Marr's hair - what a forum, eh?
    19. evennow
      evennow
      Exactly. This can be a great place when we are not tearing each other's hair out. As long as nothing turns personal, I am all about reading what others think and feel about the issues raised on this site. Such a shame that so few can make it hard for so many to participate here. Everyone should have a voice. Thankfully there are many people like yourself that make this place somewhere I look forward to visiting. Hopefully your yard is dingo proofed!
    20. Dingoatemybabby
      Dingoatemybabby
      Oh I know what you mean, I get bummed out by some of the posts here. It just doesn't have to be that way. We are all brought here by something we love. Thanks again and hope to read more of your posts and thoughts!

p.s. my baby is now too large to be carried off by dingoes - although some days I wish it weren't so! :)
      • Funny Funny x 1