"I See Them Still." (August 6, 2022)

"Rebels Without Applause", live at Las Vegas 2022.

Video by / originally shared here by @smiler.

Regards,
FWD.

the 70s was a great time to be a teenager,music seemed to be everywhere in those days,punk shook everything up in a good way.just ordered a time machine off amazon.

good video,well edited and full of nostalgia.

This is a beautiful song. Up there and in the same melancholic vein as Forgive Someone, Blue Dreamers Eyes, I Couldn’t Understand Why People Laughed, etc.

Yes, this is a great little video, thanks @smiler . Plus the song is growing on me more with each listen. Looking back with fond memories. :thumb:

Yep, this modern world just can’t make them like that anymore.

gone are the vicious

Last edited:
The song is pleasant, I just wish it didn't sound quite so blatant a 'Cemetry Gates' ripoff/homage. Hopefully the studio version will have a few production tricks to make it sound slightly more unique (that's presuming the album ever gets released)

The song embodies Morrissey’s unwavering penchant for pop music - it’s endearing and the tune unfolds with plenty of small pleasures and turns

That's a song and a half.
I love it and the video it's really (not) laughable. Great footage of all the things I am loved as a kid. Growing up in the 70s was grim but the youth culture was something to be experienced and never repeated it has stayed with me and never left. 1Come on Moz get the album released. I am hooked up on that song.

That's a song and a half.
I love it and the video it's really (not) laughable. Great footage of all the things I am loved as a kid. Growing up in the 70s was grim but the youth culture was something to be experienced and never repeated it has stayed with me and never left. 1Come on Moz get the album released. I am hooked up on that song.
yeah the 70s was a bit grim,nobody had anything in those days,you were lucky if you only had the one hole in your shoe,would i change it,nope.you could leave your front door open all day,there was more community back then,unlike now.

Thanks for giving punks and rebels of the 70s a new life in your clip.
The song itself gets better with every listen, a beautiful and breezy pop song.
A style that has always suited Morrissey well.

Nice video. But I think it’s fair to say that Bowie had a good share of the applause. Especially during his Serious Moonlight period.

Mentioning Generation X and X-Ray Spex, is not only clever, but he must be singing about the slightly lesser exposed artists that didn’t get the applause that he feels they deserved.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom