I need advice!

Girl-Afraid

Least Likely To
Not sure if I am posting this in the right place but here goes.
The man I am in love with and have been for many years is now engaged to somebody else after a whirlwind romance and they get married in a few months time.
Does anybody think I should tell him how I feel?
Its making me feel sick to my stomach.
Before I always thought there was a slim chance now I know there isn 't.

Do you feel as if he has something for you as well?
Personally, I would wait months after their marriage. If it doesn't work out, you can come in.
Besides, would you like a women to do the same during/before your engagement?
Cut your losses.

Coyness is nice, and
Coyness can stop you
From saying all the things in
Life you'd like to.

Do you feel as if he has something for you as well?
Personally, I would wait months after their marriage. If it doesn't work out, you can come in.
Besides, would you like a women to do the same during/before your engagement?
Cut your losses.

Coyness is nice, and
Coyness can stop you
From saying all the things in
Life you'd like to.

Well I always thought there was.
Not long ago we met up & afterwards he was texting alot & telling me that he regretted not taking things to another level sooner.
There is and always was a history between us, we met at uni and became best friends through our shared passions, in particular The Smiths and Moz.
It turned into more than friends in the end.
Eventually he just grew apart from me but contacted me again not long ago and we stsrted communication again.
Feelings on both sides came flooding back.
I am just so shocked he is getting married. They have been together less than a year.
He always said he wondered what it would have been like if things had been different between us.

Well I always thought there was.
Not long ago we met up & afterwards he was texting alot & telling me that he regretted not taking things to another level sooner.
There is and always was a history between us, we met at uni and became best friends through our shared passions, in particular The Smiths and Moz.
It turned into more than friends in the end.
Eventually he just grew apart from me but contacted me again not long ago and we stsrted communication again.
Feelings on both sides came flooding back.
I am just so shocked he is getting married. They have been together less than a year.
He always said he wondered what it would have been like if things had been different between us.

In my opinion you need to see the reason he got back in touch, just before a wedding proposal.

don't f*** up somebody's life just because you have a crush.

either that or kill his fiancee.

your choice.

What is the worst case scenario? Some dude you messed around with a little is getting married to someone else he feels more compatible with, after a long absence from your relationship with him? Either the marriage will work or it won't. In the meantime accept it. If you are still single when and if it fails, see what happens then.

Or get him to sleep with you, then blackmail him.

What is the worst case scenario? Some dude you messed around with a little is getting married to someone else he feels more compatible with, after a long absence from your relationship with him? Either the marriage will work or it won't. In the meantime accept it. If you are still single when and if it fails, see what happens then.

Or get him to sleep with you, then blackmail him.

Ya, that would be my advice as well. :squiffy:

Right. So here is what you are going to do. You are going to find this son of a bitch - excuse my language. But you are going to find this S.O.B. and you're going to tell him you are madly in love with him. Then you're going to kiss his son of a bitch lips with everything you have to give with your body and soul. And in one way or another, you're going to put a period at the end of this sentence in your life. Then you can move on. Like a guy named Johnny once said - then you can start living life, baby. Life's a trip.

Get him to f*** you, secretly tape it without telling him, and when you're done f***ing tell him it was a great way to shut the door on the past, and wish him the best in his marriage. Befriend his fiancee, stay on good terms with both of them, and ingratiate yourself into the wedding somehow.

Then give the sex tape as a wedding gift.

Let 'em die.

Get him to f*** you, secretly tape it without telling him, and when you're done f***ing tell him it was a great way to shut the door on the past, and wish him the best in his marriage. Befriend his fiancee, stay on good terms with both of them, and ingratiate yourself into the wedding somehow.

Then give the sex tape as a wedding gift.

Let 'em die.

Just logged in , was guuna post on the moz ulcer topic.... but just noticed this!

That post is low even by your low standards!! :(

Theres a time and a place 2 take the piss and post these sorta Ignorant/rude posts like you do quite oftern.....but now is not one of those times !

Its quite obvious, shes really upset and is looking 4 some help, advice and support ect!

Show a bit of respect 2 other members plz !!!!!!! :(

Last edited:

Just logged in , was guuna post on the moz ulcer topic.... but just noticed this!

That post is low even by your low standards!! :(

Theres a time and a place 2 take the piss and post these sorta Ignorant/rude posts like you do quite oftern.....but now is not one of those times !

Its quite obvious, shes really upset and is looking 4 some help, advice and support ect!

Show a bit of respect 2 other members or shut up!!!!!!! :(

Well you're certainly an expert in "taking the piss" aren't you...Midnite?

Well you're certainly an expert in "taking the piss" aren't you...Midnite?

Not at all, Ive took the piss? were plz?

But you............

"Is Betty dead yet ?" how charming! :(

And........

Staying up all nite 4 hours on end trying 2 befriend kristeen young and when u do, betray her and try and post the private/confidential e-mails online! yea just wonderfull ! :(

Every thing Ive said on here is the truth ! :)

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place but here goes.
The man I am in love with and have been for many years is now engaged to somebody else after a whirlwind romance and they get married in a few months time.
Does anybody think I should tell him how I feel?
Its making me feel sick to my stomach.
Before I always thought there was a slim chance now I know there isn 't.
I'd do one of these:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all, Ive took the piss? were plz?

But you............

"Is Betty dead yet ?" how charming! :(

And........

Staying up all nite 4 hours on end trying 2 befriend kristeen young and when u do, betray her and try and post the private/confidential e-mails online! yea just wonderfull ! :(

Every thing Ive said on here is the truth ! :)

Hey, that's cute.

I'll assume you are referring to the song lyrics she sent me that were in advance of her Hookers record which I put on that now defunct fan forum 200 years ago.

Otherwise just let me know exactly where you got that information from, point out your sources to ensure your credibility, and also be sure to include links to where I posted her intimate private correspondence...and you win.

Or, keep pretending to be an illiterate moron on Solo, making absurd accusations that stem from hearsay and exaggerations of things dating back what...six years now?...which you know nothing about firsthand.

Either way I still want to know...is Betty dead yet?

Hey, that's cute.

I'll assume you are referring to the song lyrics she sent me that were in advance of her Hookers record which I put on that now defunct fan forum 200 years ago.

Otherwise just let me know exactly where you got that information from, point out your sources to ensure your credibility, and also be sure to include links to where I posted her intimate private correspondence...and you win.

Or, keep pretending to be an illiterate moron on Solo, making absurd accusations that stem from hearsay and exaggerations of things dating back what...six years now?...which you know nothing about firsthand.

Either way I still want to know...is Betty dead yet?

"Under a landlocked moon" - f*** yooooooooooouu!

Last edited:
Thanks for (most) of the comments.
I am still toying with what to do. On one hand, it may backfire on me but on the other, I may regret it always and you only live once.
I still cannot believe that he's getting married :(

Thanks for (most) of the comments.
I am still toying with what to do. On one hand, it may backfire on me but on the other, I may regret it always and you only live once.
I still cannot believe that he's getting married :(

Don't take this the wrong way, but you'd have to have a pretty high opinion of yourself to think that it would be both permissible and possible for you to put a wrench in the works of an engagement.

I'm not saying I don't sympathize with your plight -I do- (get it? I do? Ha!!!) - but what I'm saying is that while there is NO DENYING this guy has some unresolved issues in your direction, weddings are pretty huge things that involve LOTS of planning, lots of people, and lots of money. I don't know that I'd try to f*** it up.

There could be different things going on. He may have cold feet about marriage in general and want to use you to sleep with as a way of saying goodbye to other women. Or he may genuinely have nostalgia for his time with you.

I guess talking to him about is the best way to go but don't get your hopes up for some Hollywood 11th hour wedding shenanigans to ensue.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you'd have to have a pretty high opinion of yourself to think that it would be both permissible and possible for you to put a wrench in the works of an engagement.

I'm not saying I don't sympathize with your plight -I do- (get it? I do? Ha!!!) - but what I'm saying is that while there is NO DENYING this guy has some unresolved issues in your direction, weddings are pretty huge things that involve LOTS of planning, lots of people, and lots of money. I don't know that I'd try to f*** it up.

There could be different things going on. He may have cold feet about marriage in general and want to use you to sleep with as a way of saying goodbye to other women. Or he may genuinely have nostalgia for his time with you.

I guess talking to him about is the best way to go but don't get your hopes up for some Hollywood 11th hour wedding shenanigans to ensue.

I will probably just leave it anyway.
Woe is me :-(
How does one go about mending a broken heart? Smiths will def come in handy here!

Back
Top Bottom