I love Microsoft

Flax

So they created this program called Songsmith, that you start singing to it and it will help you come up with the music:

So somebody took the vocals from some famous songs and played them to Songsmith, to see what Songsmith would suggest as the best type of music to fit those vocals:

Police, Roxanne:

Survivor, Eye of the Tiger:

Rush, Tom Sawyer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Utterly brilliant! It's appalling how much money Micro$oft has thrown at its research division, with practically nothing to show for it for at least the past 15 years.

I think that this "Eye of the Tiger" is an improvement over the original.

I wish someone would do some Smiths songs :)

I found There Is A Light, but it's some other guy singing.... so doesn't count.

I hate microsoft with a vengence!

There software is full of bugs, is unreliable and crashes under load. I was at work 'till 12:30 last night trying to get a server running, turns out - more buggy MS software - it makes my life hell. Then they spend millions on shit like this when they can't even make the basics work! Idiots. I despise them!:mad:

OMG this is so disgustingly cool! Im gonna download the trial...

Yeah, that's the first thought I had too - Smiths/Morrissey songs!

But I don't have the knowledge or software to isolate the vocals either....

So, I'll probably start by singing them myself.

I was LMAO the entire time through Eye of the Tiger

Morrissey could use this. maybe his songs would be better. replace Jesse with Songsmith.

in all seriousness though, this thing is pretty sucky. every song made with this is gonna be a total snoozefest. all theyre doing is using the most obvious 3rds and 5ths from whatever note is sung. every song written with this will be completely boring and predictable. i hope people just use this for fun and never to actually write a serious song for their band or whatever. like that dude in the commercial.

a 12 year old kid taking piano lessons would be able to do the same thing this program does.

Morrissey could use this. maybe his songs would be better. replace Jesse with Songsmith.

in all seriousness though, this thing is pretty sucky. every song made with this is gonna be a total snoozefest. all theyre doing is using the most obvious 3rds and 5ths from whatever note is sung. every song written with this will be completely boring and predictable. i hope people just use this for fun and never to actually write a serious song for their band or whatever. like that dude in the commercial.

a 12 year old kid taking piano lessons would be able to do the same thing this program does.

I bought a microphone and was writing a song just for you using Songsmith but... nevermindzzzz...

:tears:

I really do hate M$ grrrr.

As much as I like the idea of this dont think it is quite up to scratch yet sounded out of sync.

Tags
dirty hipsters like mac microshit more shit from gates
Back
Top Bottom