I love All The Young People...

Just found a link - I think this is probably my least favourite of the new songs. :squiffy:

Thanks hadn't heard it yet. Loved that. It's gonna sound fantastic on record. This home is a question mark and spent the day and my picks of the new songs. I wish you lonely was alright on first listen and Jackie was good but the performance felt off

I love it. Could be the centerpiece of the album. Not sure if it should be a single, but of the 5 new songs today it's the one I'm drawn back to the most.

I love it. Could be the centerpiece of the album. Not sure if it should be a single, but of the 5 new songs today it's the one I'm drawn back to the most.

Someone shared a magazine "review" of the album on here a couple of days ago https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/fall-album-preview-2017-rolling-stone.140784/

I say "review" because they only mentioned 2 songs. 'Spent the day in bed' and 'All the young people' which makes me think it might be the second single.

First 1:30 is great, then he seems to run out of ideas and descends into a bit of a mess. Still, looking forward to the album version

Someone shared a magazine "review" of the album on here a couple of days ago https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/fall-album-preview-2017-rolling-stone.140784/

I say "review" because they only mentioned 2 songs. 'Spent the day in bed' and 'All the young people' which makes me think it might be the second single.

i like the looseness of it when played live. The studio version might be better, tighter with more dynamics as in being stronger with the differentiation between verse and chorus. Big 'Give peace a chance' beat and feel, with that great barroom piano ! LOVE IT ! :D

All we are saying...is...give peace a - I mean - all the young people...erm...

Roger Manning Jr. on piano for All the Young People ...?

The more I listen to it the more I can really imagine it being the next single. It's a different sound for Morrissey but I really like it. Love that piano and bass line.

Why no love for the elderly, Moz? Us mouldy, ancient ones need some hot sweet lovin' as well! :swear

I think it should be the last song on the album but I am too late.

Why no love for the elderly, Moz? Us mouldy, ancient ones need some hot sweet lovin' as well! :swear

It's for the people who still feel young at heart. :)
I know young people who are old in any sense of the word. :rolleyes:

All the Young People... is a cracking track. The intro to that live version is from John Lennon's Give Peace A Chance

Another thing I noticed was that at 0:59 Morrissey sings "All the young people they must fall in love". That's 9 words.

'All we are saying is give peace a chance' - 9 words.

Anyway, can't wait for the album!

Back
Top Bottom