I, Lomographer: The London-Italy pictures and a taste of Lomography

CeciDeMorrissey

Steven Patrick I Love You
Hi there! Well... I don't know if you know anything about Lomography. I'm just a beginner, although I wanted to join the movement like 3 yrs ago...

I own a Colorsplash, you'll see the results in my Lomohome with all the pix I've made and all the Europe pics I took.. Anyway, I have to say I made a big mistake taking 100 ISO charges with me... They don't work at all indoors or by night even with flash... Anyway, some acceptable results came out and the good thing about Lomography is that images don't have to be perfect... But I think I'm improving... I just bought the Split-Cam and the Fisheye Camera, and I have yet to try the crossed process, where you use slide film and you develope it as a negative regular one :)

I invite you to see my albums at http://www.lomohomes.com/Cecita

I have to add too that even when I wore my Morrissey tees at all times in London, I got not a single reference from ANY fellow fan... I felt a bit frustrated.. I must say...

Some really nice stuff there.

I haven't had time to look at them all but really like the Buckingham Palace shots:very other worldly.
I keep meaning to get a lomo but never get round to it.

If you're after weird cross processing look,there's quite a few different software packages that can do it.Some of them have free trial periods so you can muck around for absolutely zilch.

Interesting stuff... I always wondered how some of the shots I see on the internet are produced.

Clever stuff!!

Welcome back Ceci.Don`t know where you`ve been but nice to see you`re still about.:D

Ceci, you must have gone to the wrong part of London... if you'd been round my way then I'd have certainly come and introduced myself ;):cool:

this is great!!! what IS it?
UL_938537_11913862702_l.jpg

UL_938537_11913632311_l.jpg

This one is very nice, like an old postcard.

UL_938537_11913471733_l.jpg

Aliens disguised as pigeons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ceci, you must have gone to the wrong part of London... if you'd been round my way then I'd have certainly come and introduced myself

Oooohhhh Famous IP!! We hadn't met here... I think... Otherwise... But my free time was so little in London... I met with left out only the last day of my stay!! And after a lot of trouble! but I was all worthwhile.

this is great!!! what IS it?
UL_938537_11913862702_l.jpg

Eeeehhh my dear liliiiiii!! Well, those are some of the tips I got from fellow lomographers... That's as simple as a TV screen, in long exposure while my daughter and boyfriend were playing with the Nintendo Wii... The idea is to have some strong colors on the screen and then use the Long Exposure feature and voila :) And you know that if you move the camera, you can draw whatever you want ... I just moved it cross-like.

UL_938537_11913632311_l.jpg

This one is very nice, like an old postcard.

Thank you!! Yes... that's something really special about the Lomocameras: They are made to give that oldie look. And if you see some particularly interesting scene or landscape, you have it... Besides I used a blue filter for the flash... That was just what I wanted when I saw those beach umbrellas and chairs... A '60s-'70s leap back.

UL_938537_11913471733_l.jpg

Aliens disguised as pigeons.

And those pigeons!! That one came out wonderful but the closer pigeon is out of focus... That frustrated me a lot... But they look cool! Disguised as parrots... or aliens!

ah, ceci, I never would have guessed that this psychedelic thing was a TV!!! cool. I feel like doing lomos too now. but with a digicam. mhhhh. maybe with my cheesy cellphone camera actually. I´'ll try. you certainly got me interested there. those pigeon aliens are pretty neat too, I must say. :D

Ceci love those images.

I saw these and toyed with buying one of these cameras a few years ago but couldnt decide if it would drive me to distraction and every so often I keep tripping over images that pull me in.

The one you have is 35mm? and they still look to be an inexpensive gadget (other than the Minox) and fun. You've set me thinking again and I'm about to order my next digital too (my poor b/f thinks I'm gadget addicted already)

My understanding was that the cameras are basic (often cheap), still use film and the idea was to capture images and just enjoy the fun results. There are quite a few types - Ceci had obviously been buying.

You can get some of the effects by playing in software packages but the random effects and quirks are what makes this type of photography interesting (imo)

Heeeeeeeeeyy!! I'm so glad that you've got interested girls... Actually it took me 3 years to buy my 1st Lomo. And you have the advantage to have Official Lomography Stores in your countries/cities... Actually lili: Vienna is the Central HQ of the Lomographic Society.

Indeed, these are cheap gadgets because almost no one uses film to develop pictures... However these are crafted with special lenses and flashes that give the results you have seen...

Sphinx: Yes, mine are 35 mm and they have some other models like the Holga and LC-A I think, that are 120. And they have some really expensive models that are a work of art, old fashioned pinholes, or some other deadstock models that make my hands burn to have them :)

Just look at shop.lomography.com... You'll want to buy everything!! And each camera has its minisite with galleries and tips...

Lili: In order to get those colors the idea is to have a Lomo, they don't cost much: My Colorsplash (which features a wheel with different flash colors and more gels to exchange them according to your taste) is just US$50 ... Bad thing that in Europe that price is converted to Euros, but anyway I guess it's inexpensive... And then, they only want you to try anything and everything you feel like doing: Slide film cross-processed, expired film, long exposure, multiple exposures, B&W with color filters in the lens (that's what I'm doing now)... And then develop as cheaply as you can and see the results...

I just ordered the Fisheye camera and the Split Cam... The last one is the craziest!: you can split the frame in 2 and 4 parts, in width and length, so eventually you could build a face out of 4 different faces! And much more, see this http://shop.lomography.com/splitcam/

And you can tell, I've become an addict :)

thanks for all the info ceci. the only thing that annoys me about this is developing film. i'm not used to spending money on THAT anymore. why won't this work with digital cameras? are there no digital lomographers at all?

Well, lili... Yes, indeed, developing film these days can be a pain, but it has its charm...

There are no Lomo digital cameras... The crazy colors and everything are something that only a film can give you, unless you take digital pictures and then Photoshop them.

Anyway, I guess it will be a matter of time that they try a digital Lomo, although I'm not sure how long will they take... What they want is to preserve the old romantic ways to do photos and at the same time to add the crazy creative touch :)

ah cute shots.
i wanted to get into some lomography stuff back when i was doing alot of photos for slides in college. never really did tho as all my 'money for film' started to slip into the 'money for substance' column instead.

now that i have a bit of a hold on things, id love to experiment with some of these cameras. although, i find it hard choosing which to start with. i assume a holga , as it seems like it provides you with the most options for taking a standard 'effected' picture (unlike the split shots and action sequences and such).

i was recently offered by my work to shoot a collection while i am visiting new york for moz week, so maybe ill get on that soon and grab one locally (i know urban outfitters here carries some).

Back
Top Bottom