"I Like You" -- newest in a line of songs addressing Johnny Marr, yes? I think it is...

I think "I have Forgiven Jesus" is about Marr too. Think about it he worshipped Marr, so you have the religious aspect and then "Jesus hurt me when he deserted me" well Marr deserted him, didn't he. You can read anything into anything if you can be bothered!

> he did an interview in which he stated that he has only written one song
> about Marr.

And you take that as the truth? How long have you been a Morrissey fan?

> And you take that as the truth? How long have you been a Morrissey fan?

Yes I do happen to take it as truth. I do not think Morrissey is writing away about ole johnny marr. Personally, I think he has alot better things to write about and is alot more creative than that. As for how long I've been a Morrissey fan is since I saw him on the Tonight Show during, oh whats that, the kill uncle era, bought Your Arsenal a year later on cassette, considering the fact that I am 26, that would make me what, 16 at the time, so go f*** yourself Mr. Validator of "True Morrissey Fans". Your opinion of others means nothing but shit.

Re: FAO Clownbait: Further proof Budd is about Marr...

Also, "and now it's twelve years on, now it's twelve years on..."

It had been twelve years. Definitely about 'john maher from whythenshawe' (sp?)

> In certain editions of Herman Melville's collected stories, "Billy
> Budd" appears next to the poem "John Marr". Definitely the
> kind of reference Morrissey likes.

> http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Billy %20Budd

>
> http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y01Y1354455Y4151185/104-3697445-4019915

Re: Yo Guinea...

> I Like You was written at least 2 years ago and possibly even longer. As
> far as we know Alain's problems are relatively recent. Its not about
> Alain.

> It may be about Marr but maybe not. The magistrate thing is not
> necessarily anything to do with the person in the song anyway. Its clear
> that Magistrates and law courts were something Mozzer had on his mind.

> Anyone think it could actually be about noone at all?? Just a song???

Billy Budd is most likely about Marr. The bit about it being "12 years on" when the song was written in '94 and they paired up in '82 is definitely a 12 year gap.

"I like you"...I never really thought about it, but yes, it does make sense that it could be about Johnny Marr. Marr had been saying things in the press about how glad he was that they had split up around that time. "Something in you caused me to take a new tact with you" could arguably be about how he was sitting home alone, given up on his music career and resigned to living out his life writing books about James Dean, when Johnny comes knocking at the door.

Also, we are left with two choices as to what he meant about the magistrates, either it is someone he's stood in the docket with (I don't think he meant Mike Joyce), or a person who he feels is of that caliber and likeness to himself.

You're not alone, Jones.

In the new David Bret book he claims that He Knows I'd Love To See Him is addressed to Moz's father.

> I always imagined that was about his Dad.

> Yes I do happen to take it as truth. I do not think Morrissey is writing
> away about ole johnny marr. Personally, I think he has alot better things
> to write about

Such as Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke? *cough*

Btw, sorry to hear you've been a fan so long and still haven't a clue about the workings of the ol' Mozzer mind. There should be a Moz 101 workshop one must take part in before they can join the board. If it ever comes about I'll be sure to give David your name.

> Such as Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke? *cough*

> Btw, sorry to hear you've been a fan so long and still haven't a clue
> about the workings of the ol' Mozzer mind. There should be a Moz 101
> workshop one must take part in before they can join the board. If it ever
> comes about I'll be sure to give David your name.

Johnny didnt sue him. Johnny isnt a leech. Johnny didnt force him to move from the UK to the USA. Johnny broke up his first band. Morrissey still singing about it would be like singing about your first girlfriend who dumped you 20 years later. And just so you know, the fact that you claim to know "the workings of the ol' Mozzer mind" based on his music and/or interviews, which is only what he allows you to know, means that you obviously dont know anything about him at all except his persona as an artist. Take a class, get educated, then try to act like you know.

> Johnny didnt sue him. Johnny isnt a leech. Johnny didnt force him to move
> from the UK to the USA. Johnny broke up his first band. Morrissey still
> singing about it would be like singing about your first girlfriend who
> dumped you 20 years later.

I think Morrissey does still mourn the loss of Johnny Marr. Ever hear The Never Played Symphonies? And Billy Budd is definitely about Marr. He still thinks about Marr because that's how Morrissey is. He never lets go of shit.

> I think Morrissey does still mourn the loss of Johnny Marr. Ever hear The
> Never Played Symphonies? And Billy Budd is definitely about Marr. He still
> thinks about Marr because that's how Morrissey is. He never lets go of
> shit.

The Never Played Symphonies is not about Marr. And yes I have heard it, I have every song Morrissey has ever released and a couple that werent.

> The Never Played Symphonies is not about Marr. And yes I have heard it, I
> have every song Morrissey has ever released and a couple that werent.

Don't we all.

> Don't we all.

yup, well everyone except the pimp of course.

Back
Top Bottom