I like Klaus Nomi

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate (such as "I'm going to win a Nobel Prize for my novel. Just have to write it first.")
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

• Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
  • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation
When to see a doctor
People with narcissistic personality disorder may not want to think that anything could be wrong, so they may be unlikely to seek treatment. If they do seek treatment, it's more likely to be for symptoms of depression, drug or alcohol use, or another mental health problem. But perceived insults to self-esteem may make it difficult to accept and follow through with treatment.

If you recognize aspects of your personality that are common to narcissistic personality disorder or you're feeling overwhelmed by sadness, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.

klaus nomi in copenhagen denmark 1979

cant see your picture! (also not sure if it was a joke or not, seeing as you're an anon).

but looking up 'klaus nomi copenhagen' brought me to two pictures of klaus that i've never seen before. so! i present the klaus nomi pictureS of the day!

mqdefault.jpg

(this is klaus right?)

KLAUSNOMIIIIIIIIII4.jpg

cant see your picture! (also not sure if it was a joke or not, seeing as you're an anon).

but looking up 'klaus nomi copenhagen' brought me to two pictures of klaus that i've never seen before. so! i present the klaus nomi pictureS of the day!

mqdefault.jpg

(this is klaus right?)

It's not the K-Meister. I think these pictures are from some (recent) fashion / art exhibition, quite possibly in Copenhagen; don't know any details.

5a3f60173b6402dafab093defa5c193f.jpg

It's not the K-Meister. I think these pictures are from some (recent) fashion / art exhibition, quite possibly in Copenhagen; don't know any details.

5a3f60173b6402dafab093defa5c193f.jpg
ohhhhh im so ashamed i didnt recognize it wasnt k-man :o thanks for setting the record straight! :thumb:

the copenhagen event sounds interesting! klaus was such an inspiration to all!

klaus was such an inspiration to all!

I read an interview with the wonderful Patrick Wolf in which he cites Elvis Presley and Klaus Nomi as his main influences. See if I can find it.

Anyway, the below video was an homage to Elvis and Klaus (one of my least favourite Patrick Wolf songs I have to say, but nice visuals).

Last edited:
I read an interview with the wonderful Patrick Wolf in which he cites Elvis Presley and Klaus Nomi as his main influences. See if I can find it.

Anyway, the below video was an homage to Elvis and Klaus (one of my least favourite Patrick Wolf songs I have to say, but nice visuals).

wow, that was amazing! really enjoyed it! when he's up against the horizontal lights it reminds me of the klaus nomi silhouette
2cfa9ef4ba0bb7b53750bd18533484ab846770fe_800.jpg

im very jealous though about who gets to be influenced by klaus. i mean, i have mixed feelings about it. on the one hand im happy that his legacy lives on and that he's been so profoundly influential and that he gets exposure through these people. on the other hand, i worry about people cheaply appropriating what they see as a novel artsy act, like i suspect of people like, for example, lady gaga.

oh dear, i hope that the above didnt sound like i was disapproving of patrick wolf! i dont know enough (or really anything) about patrick wolf to say. however, i can say that i definitely approved of the above video, so much that i may at some point endeavour to learn more about him.

ANYWAY! klaus picture of the day!

8bf7fb98c05d4288d2f08f277dd837a7.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you! the official i like klaus nomi thread was definitely in need of that picture :love:

although, being so lost in his eyes, i failed at first to notice that his hat has been photoshopped. needless to say, the original bore no nazi insignia :p
:thumb:
i didn't even pay attention to the hat or that it's photo shopped.:lbf: Looks good on him anyway. Cute how Viva went through the trouble to do that and start that thread just to get your attention,:love: you have many fans on here!, I hope they learn much from your witful posts ! :)

Back
Top Bottom