I like Klaus Nomi

good work!:thumb:

ah, i had not had any klaus in my day today--i needed that! a rather odd song, dont you think? im not sure what to make of it. all i know is any time you come upon a field of tulips klaus nomi's heavenly voice should begin filling the air <3

I think they did a good job creating “songs” out of fragments. They only had some recorded vocals and built songs around them. It's an odd song, but it makes sense.

As I said before, Za Bakdaz is a bit hit and miss (this one is a definite hit); it sounds a bit raw and clumsy and unfinished but I guess that was their intention; in a way I prefer it to the sleek, polished production of the earlier songs.

After an exhausting week there is nothing more soothing than beautiful music. Klaus' voice really does take you to a different, more beautiful place. I listen to these songs on repeat because the silence afterwards is almost unbearable.

Last edited:
I think they did a good job creating “songs” out of fragments. They only had some recorded vocals and built songs around them. It's an odd song, but it makes sense.

As I said before, Za Bakdaz is a bit hit and miss (this one is a definite hit); it sounds a bit raw and clumsy and unfinished but I guess that was their intention; in a way I prefer it to the sleek, polished production of the earlier songs.

After an exhausting week there is nothing more soothing than beautiful music. Klaus' voice really does take you to a different, more beautiful place. I listen to these songs on repeat because the silence afterwards is almost unbearable.
also hot baths! i am a big proponent of hot baths after stressful work weeks! of course i never have a stressful work week so what do i know? still, hot baths. hots + klaus nomi + baklava. that's what you need. fix you right up!

i liked in 'the nomi song' when kenny scharf was saying how he could hear klaus practicing his singing in the courtyard of their apartment building. how lucky all of them living in that building were! that must have been so beautiful!

also hot baths! i am a big proponent of hot baths after stressful work weeks! of course i never have a stressful work week so what do i know? still, hot baths. hots + klaus nomi + baklava. that's what you need. fix you right up!

i liked in 'the nomi song' when kenny scharf was saying how he could hear klaus practicing his singing in the courtyard of their apartment building. how lucky all of them living in that building were! that must have been so beautiful!

Hot baths are the best. I love to soak in the bath until the skin on my fingers and toes shrivels up like an old prune. Baklava is, of course, the best too. And Klaus Nomi.

I'm starting to sound like my lab.

heehee :lbf:

labs are the best too though. we should all try to emulate labs. <3

He is the best little guy. I'm starting to get a bit worried because he is eight years old now and not as enthusiastic about things anymore. He used to cry with joy when we'd go running together, no matter how cold or dark. Now he just gives me that "I'd rather snooze in front of the TV" look.

I hope you don't think it's rude to talk about my lab in your Klaus Nomi thread. FWIW I think Klaus would have liked him.

He is the best little guy. I'm starting to get a bit worried because he is eight years old now and not as enthusiastic about things anymore. He used to cry with joy when we'd go running together, no matter how cold or dark. Now he just gives me that "I'd rather snooze in front of the TV" look.

I hope you don't think it's rude to talk about my lab in your Klaus Nomi thread. FWIW I think Klaus would have liked him.
hell f***ing no it isnt rude! only a total philistine wouldnt want to hear about your lab. i think you'll find that we here at the official klaus nomi thread are friends to labs and decidedly not philistines and thus we encourage you to talk about your lab however much you want. of course klaus would have liked your lab. only a jerk wouldnt like your lab and klaus was no jerk.

is eight years old for a dog? i forget how long our dogs lived for. i dont remember them ever showing a change in behaviour however, although the lab was always a bit neither here nor there about running. he was just as happy lying on his back getting a belly rub. maybe your lab just wised up and realized that snoozing in front of the tv is way better than running in the cold. well i hope he's okay....

oh! i need to tell you about something and you can tell me what you think! so! lately i've been a bit unsure about my wish to write a biography on klaus nomi, because it just seems so difficult, and yet there is still no one on this earth i love better than klaus, so yesterday i said to the air "klaus, if im meant to write your biography give me a sign". and then i devised that the sign should be a red bird and a purple diamond--the two somehow in connection to each other. in my mind i imagined the sign would come in the form of some sort of a drawing of a red bird--a cardinal most likely--on a purple diamond background, and that's what i was on the lookout for. well, yesterday came and went and i saw nothing of the sort. then today i saw a woman wearing a scarf with birds on it of different colours--including red ones--but nothing that could be even loosely interpreted as a purple diamond. and then i saw it! a woman wearing a red dress on which the entire front was a native american depiction of an eagle, with the outlines done in black. not a cardinal at all but still a red bird. so then i began looking to see if i could see any purple diamonds and lo! she was wearing wooden hoop earrings with diamond shaped purple beads in the centre! voila! there it was! now im not really the type of person who really believes in signs so as soon as i got over the triumph of finding my sign i began thinking "well you know, it's possible that those are two very common images, and possibly if you look hard enough for something you will eventually find it". so now im not sure whether i should take it as a sign or not. and yet at the same time i feel that a person who asks for a sign and is provided with what she asks for has no business asking for a sign in the first place if shes just going to doubt it when she finds it. but still, is it a bit grasping? or do you think i should really take it as a sign?

not sure if i posted this before. i find it a bit of an odd video, not only because the sound doesnt match. it's weird to see him singing in such a space rather than on a stage. also it's interesting because his movements are different, more fluid and operatic than normal, particularly towards the end. also his face looks particularly beautiful here, i think, not that it doesnt always.

HI KLAUS THREAD! Klaus is sounding great! That goes without saying. I'm just doing a quick drive-by though, because I wanted to drop off some pictures. I know you don't know any better, so no harm done this time. But you seem to have forgotten these weird pictures of weird hollywood women all over the place. And since you love Klaus so much, you know, "I just heard of him yesterday for the first time ever in my entire life when I heard two people on this website talking about something other than me, so I had to google him really fast! Because I felt left out! Because they were not talking to me! But! Now he's my fave! Since yesterday! And so I am writing a biography! But gimme a coat first! Someone! Anyone!" Umm, wait. Oh, I know where I was, now.

So, YES!!! Since you are Klaus's official biographer, and since you are also a big fan of these women, I just thought YOU might ALSO like to have them all lumped in together, and thrown at you to ogle, here! Where you can enjoy them all, in permanence. Together. Like a sandwich.

Olivia+Wilde+Tops+T+Shirt+fN73ymsnx-yx.jpg

These are all of the wrong kinds of references, to all of the wrong kinds of cultural cues. SO I just thought I'd be nice, and bring them all back, for you to enjoy here! :)

why must you always be so adversarial? i dont feel like i did anything wrong in the other thread. as far as i know, the other thread was not devoted to one specific--and very beloved--person. do you not know the value of anything? you really feel the need to piss all over klaus nomi like that?

?

Back
Top Bottom