I like Klaus Nomi

but wait... i thought i caught a hint of you admonishing my latent stalker qualities? oh ketamine sun you are so mysterious. you mean, it IS okay? you mean to say that you wont, but it's okay if i do? alright! so you dont have to tell me where joey is but do you think if i just walk around new york city asking random people someone might know? or maybe if i find some funky club and seek out the most far out looking person there perhaps they will be able to direct me in my quest for the famous blue fuzzy (via joey)? it IS an ever so grand coat! i mean just look how grand it is!

Cx9MffzXUAAfLjY.jpg

(who are those floozies cuddling up to my sweetie?!)
even if my darling werent wearing it it would still be a grand coat. but the fact of him wearing it--and presumably also thinking it a grand coat--makes it an invaluable artifact which i simply must get my hands on if only to caress it for a single moment until joey, having had quite enough of this charade, pries it out of my covetous hands. should i do it, should i desperately seek it out? with your blessing i just might!

now! first point of order: must learn how to play blackjack!

great photos. :thumb:Yes, o.k if you do. I guess wait for one of his one off shows would be the best way to 'bump' into him.That's if you're really gonna come to nyc to do that. I wonder if Joey has the coat in a box somewhere and maybe wrapped up in it is that Donald duck ! if your lucky. But what are you going to do with it after you get it? seems like a huge responsibility and a burden after a while owning such a priceless piece of Nomi history, maybe Joey would be all to glad to be released from the albatross that is that coat ! :fearscream:;):)

I never get paid for taking the blame so maybe I should set up a Paypal account?

Billionaire!

If we can share the profits it's a deal. :brows:
I will of couse share my profit with your "victims". :thumb:

great photos. :thumb:Yes, o.k if you do. I guess wait for one of his one off shows would be the best way to 'bump' into him.That's if you're really gonna come to nyc to do that. I wonder if Joey has the coat in a box somewhere and maybe wrapped up in it is that Donald duck ! if your lucky. But what are you going to do with it after you get it? seems like a huge responsibility and a burden after a while owning such a priceless piece of Nomi history, maybe Joey would be all to glad to be released from the albatross that is that coat ! :fearscream:;):)
what would i do with it?!?! why, wear it OF COURSE! would that be wrong? i'll not sully it! i'll be very careful! of course that's providing it fits. klaus was a little slip of a thing, and i have been eating a lot of baklava. if it did fit though i would wear it every day, even in the summer! ( i dont even care if it's dated! i wouldn't even care if it smelled like mold!). if not, i would use it as a blanket. either way, no coat would ever be more cherished! i know now it's the reason no coat has ever fulfilled me. i have sought and sought the perfect coat, like one searches for a life partner, and all this time it was klaus's coat alone that i really wanted! oh wouldnt it be a shame if it were no longer around?! :fearscream:oh but if it were, wouldnt that be fabulous if the donald duck came with it?! i wonder what klaus wanted with that donald duck. i love the photo with the surly looking man. i kind of feel sorry for the surly looking man. i think deep down men like that only wish they could be as interesting and fabulous as klaus. but then, dont we all?

how will i know when joey will be having a show in new york? does he have them often? even then, i dont know how i would manage to talk to him since i have no ingenuity when it comes to that kind of thing (which is why i could never be a real stalker).

Last edited:
So you just started yet another dutch insurance company.

As you know I don't believe in victims just volunteers. Dr. Phil made me realise that.

Volunteers or victims can be seen as good profit so they are the same.
As Dr. Phil demonstrated.
V for victory. :brows:

what would i do with it?!?! why, wear it OF COURSE! would that be wrong? i'll not sully it! i'll be very careful! of course that's providing it fits. klaus was a little slip of a thing, and i have been eating a lot of baklava. if it did fit though i would wear it every day, even in the summer! ( i dont even care if it's dated! i wouldn't even care if it smelled like mold!). if not, i would use it as a blanket. either way, no coat would ever be more cherished! i know now it's the reason no coat has ever fulfilled me. i have sought and sought the perfect coat, like one searches for a life partner, and all this time it was klaus's coat alone that i really wanted! oh wouldnt it be a shame if it were no longer around?! :fearscream:oh but if it were, wouldnt that be fabulous if the donald duck came with it?! i wonder what klaus wanted with that donald duck. i love the photo with the surly looking man. i kind of feel sorry for the surly looking man. i think deep down men like that only wish they could be as interesting and fabulous as klaus. but then, dont we all?

how will i know when joey will be having a show in new york? does he have them often? even then, i dont know how i would manage to talk to him since i have no ingenuity when it comes to that kind of thing (which is why i could never be a real stalker).

so, from reading your post, i take it that you would wear the coat proudly ? :lbf: :thumb:

'i kind of feel sorry for the surly looking man. i think deep down men like that only wish they could be as interesting and fabulous as klaus.' :thumb:

Don't know about that guy, but I've always felt pity for normal people, still do, but then again these are the same people who benefit from our society, have a secure place in it and supported by it, their 'normality' is their lunch ticket, I mean that it's safer to toe the line, have a family,etc... But still feel sorry for them because they'll never see and experience the world in a different way, though we all make choices in choosing how we want to go through life, well some of us do. Then again, it's difficult to impossible to say what is the wrong and the right way to live, more likely there is no such thing.

'how will i know when joey..'

doesn't he post his events on FB or something?

so, from reading your post, i take it that you would wear the coat proudly ? :lbf: :thumb:

'i kind of feel sorry for the surly looking man. i think deep down men like that only wish they could be as interesting and fabulous as klaus.' :thumb:

Don't know about that guy, but I've always felt pity for normal people, still do, but then again these are the same people who benefit from our society, have a secure place in it and supported by it, their 'normality' is their lunch ticket, I mean that it's safer to toe the line, have a family,etc... But still feel sorry for them because they'll never see and experience the world in a different way, though we all make choices in choosing how we want to go through life, well some of us do. Then again, it's difficult to impossible to say what is the wrong and the right way to live, more likely there is no such thing.

Did anyone here mention a coat?

0Dj4r.gif

oh yeah, but i didnt know if it was just out of town events that he posted. i was hoping, for convenience sake, that he would have many more shows in new york than were posted. like maybe once a week. that would make things just so much easier. also if there could be a question and aenswer period at the end of each one where audience members could raise their hand and ask things about blue fuzzy coats and how to best keep ones eyelids taut and how klaus pronounced baklava.

obviously normal people have it easier but i sometimes think that deep down they wish they could be more interesting but just dont know how. maybe it's a great insecurity for them, and that's why they feel threatened around really different people, because they need society's standards of normalcy to feel justified, but if society were to start embracing more unique outlandish free thinking people than how would they maintain their complacency about themselves? although im glad that most people are normal and boring because that makes the rare birds like klaus stand out even more.

so, from reading your post, i take it that you would wear the coat proudly ?
oh k_s, it's like you have a window into my soul! :lbf:

Just mention to him you are that much into Klaus and Joey you are going to make a biography and ask him if he would be willing to cooperate with you. Say that it is very important as he is maybe one of the few still living witnesses that close to him. Bring a long a present for him. Be nice, friendly and kind.
Try to establish a friendly contact. Maybe he knows some other people who could tell you more.
Just talk with him sharing you enthusiasm and tell him why you want it so he knows you are sincere.

Just mention to him you are that much into Klaus and Joey you are going to make a biography and ask him if he would be willing to cooperate with you. Say that it is very important as he is maybe one of the few still living witnesses that close to him. Bring a long a present for him. Be nice, friendly and kind.
Try to establish a friendly contact. Maybe he knows some other people who could tell you more.
Just talk with him sharing you enthusiasm and tell him why you want it so he knows you are sincere.
no one likes my sincerity, i think it comes across as too saccharine. but thats not the trouble. i can figure out what to say. what i cant figure out is how to contact him at all. and even if i could i would have to wonder whether my adoration for klaus is justification for contacting joey in the first place. anything that i might say about klaus im sure he's already heard a million times from other people, and while he doesnt seem adverse to looking back and remembering--quite the contrary--joey deserves to be appreciated also in his own right.

i really wish i could write a biography about klaus. i feel like i want to preserve whatever information about him there is out there. i dont want it to just die with the people who knew him. but i dont have faith there is enough information for a biography. also, i doubt anyone in klaus's circle would take me seriously as the writer of his biography. ho humm.

Bring a long a present for him
how long should it be?!

no one likes my sincerity, i think it comes across as too saccharine. but thats not the trouble. i can figure out what to say. what i cant figure out is how to contact him at all. and even if i could i would have to wonder whether my adoration for klaus is justification for contacting joey in the first place. anything that i might say about klaus im sure he's already heard a million times from other people, and while he doesnt seem adverse to looking back and remembering--quite the contrary--joey deserves to be appreciated also in his own right.

i really wish i could write a biography about klaus. i feel like i want to preserve whatever information about him there is out there. i dont want it to just die with the people who knew him. but i dont have faith there is enough information for a biography. also, i doubt anyone in klaus's circle would take me seriously as the writer of his biography. ho humm.

how long should it be?!

It doesn't have to be that long.
Sorry, give him some kind of present, a self made poem, a haiku, baklava. :)
I am totally convinced you can make a great biography as you proved to be fascinated and obsessively interested in your subject and that is the first and most important, details are essential.
Maybe you can search, and find a collaborator and divide the work. A good editor.
Or someone to collect the ingredients you want to use.
I like reading you writings Rifke.
Please have some more confidence in your abilities to do so! :thumb:

I support Rifke writing a Klaus Nomi biography. Unlimited supply of baklava from me in exchange for a signed copy.

On top of statistically being a rapist, Klaus Nomi was a well known Holocaust denier and Nazi sympathizer...

I support Rifke writing a Klaus Nomi biography. Unlimited supply of baklava from me in exchange for a signed copy.
oh you just had to didnt you! you just had to go and make me an offer i can't refuse! well it looks like im writing a klaus nomi biography. in any case if it doesnt sell and im destitute at least ill still have enough to eat.

oh but 12" i dont know the first thing about writing a biography! where to start?! should i start at the very beginning and go to his hometown of immenstadt? or should i start in new york and backtrack? do you think there's even anyone living in innenstadt who knew klaus or his family? what if there are gaping holes where i cant find any information? how do i make contacts? how do i get people to take me seriously?do you think if i explain to the locals wherever i am that im writing a klaus nomi biography someone will let me stay with them while i do research, since i wont have that much to live on? i dont see why not personally. i have a good reason to be doing what im doing, as well as an honest face, and looking like you dont have bed bugs would, i imagine, go a long ways in having people open their doors to you.

im enlisting you as my advisor and motivational speaker, okay, 12?! do you think you can do that? you dont even have to do anything, really. all you have to do is, if, say, im unsure of doing something or talking to someone, you just say "go do it" as though it was your idea in the first place. that way i can convince myself it really was your idea and that im just going along with it and doing what im told and in that way i might not feel as silly as i would if it were just my idea. if you prove to be a big help i might even dedicate it to you: "for 12", for being a great driving force with his invaluable advice and promises of f***tons of baklava"

Last edited:
oh you just had to didnt you! you just had to go and make me an offer i can't refuse! well it looks like im writing a klaus nomi biography. in any case if it doesnt sell and im destitute at least ill still have enough to eat.

oh but 12" i dont know the first thing about writing a biography! where to start?! should i start at the very beginning and go to his hometown of innenstadt? or should i start in new york and backtrack? do you think there's even anyone living in innenstadt who knew klaus or his family? what if there are gaping holes where i cant find any information? how do i make contacts? how do i get people to take me seriously?do you think if i explain to the locals wherever i am that im writing a klaus nomi biography someone will let me stay with them while i do research, since i wont have that much to live on? i dont see why not personally. i have a good reason to be doing what im doing, as well as an honest face, and looking like you dont have bed bugs would, i imagine, go a long ways in having people open their doors to you.

im enlisting you as my advisor and motivational speaker, okay, 12?! do you think you can do that? you dont even have to do anything, really. all you have to do is, if, say, im unsure of doing something or talking to someone, you just say "go do it" as though it was your idea in the first place. that way i can convince myself it really was your idea and that im just going along with it and doing what im told and in that way i might not feel as silly as i would if it were just my idea. if you prove to be a big help i might even dedicate it to you: "for 12", for being a great driving force with his invaluable advice and promises of f***tons of baklava"

Name it "Confessions of a faghag".

oh but 12" i dont know the first thing about writing a biography! where to start?! should i start at the very beginning and go to his hometown of immenstadt? or should i start in new york and backtrack? do you think there's even anyone living in innenstadt who knew klaus or his family? what if there are gaping holes where i cant find any information? how do i make contacts? how do i get people to take me seriously?do you think if i explain to the locals wherever i am that im writing a klaus nomi biography someone will let me stay with them while i do research, since i wont have that much to live on? i dont see why not personally. i have a good reason to be doing what im doing, as well as an honest face, and looking like you dont have bed bugs would, i imagine, go a long ways in having people open their doors to you.

I suggest you start in Immenstadt. There is something so sinister about small town Bavaria, in order to fully understand the K-Meister you need to immerse yourself in that feeling for a while. I think that feeling should also set the tone for the biography. Seeing as you are fair haired, white, clean and from a "good" foreign country, people will treat you with courtesy (just don't call yourself "Stern", and should the subject of Klaus' homosexuality come up, pretend you didn't know or shake your head in disbelief and say a quick Vater Unser). Also, you need to find his lovely auntie from The Nomi Song. I bet she has cool stories to tell. I wish I had an auntie like that.

Go do it.

OK, I'll start baking.

Back
Top Bottom