I like Klaus Nomi

i think it's just the way she squints her eyes and uses her hands.... also the fact that it was her band that used sweet klaus' answering machine message at the start of their dumb song

yeah :( but at the same time she really does bug me. you arent her, are you? oh i would be so embarrassed if you were!
:lbf:
not her. Though she seems to be enjoying her life and creative, wouldn't be so bad being her.

I don't like her singing on that song, I mean, Jo has so much more bite and passion in his delivery, an original ! to say the least. Where have all the rare birds flown ? :(

not her. Though she seems to be enjoying her life and creative, wouldn't be so bad being her.

I don't like her singing on that song, I mean, Jo has so much more bite and passion in his delivery, an original ! to say the least. Where have all the rare birds flown ? :(
the video you posted is not actually available for me, so i watched this one instead:

meh.
of course i'd rather have her life than mine, but she's still annoying as hell, and this video is a prime example.

the video you posted is not actually available for me, so i watched this one instead:

meh.
of course i'd rather have her life than mine, but she's still annoying as hell, and this video is a prime example.

she probably bugs herself too, but not a bad cookie. That's Kristian Hoffman playing keyboards there, he worked and wrote songs for Klaus, and was in the band The Mumps that was fronted by Lance Loud which is the Lance she's talking about in the beginning of the video.

she probably bugs herself too
but not a bad cookie. That's Kristian Hoffman playing keyboards there, he worked and wrote songs for Klaus, and was in the band The Mumps that was fronted by Lance Loud which is the Lance she's talking about in the beginning of the video.

wow, she really has gotten around! i am kind of jealous of those people who are so connected and just have a knack for involving themselves in scenes and the lives of others, even when they themselves dont have a lot of talent. i guess in a way that is a talent. oh to have lived in new york in the 80's and to have known all of those fabulous people! but at the same time it would have been so sad and depressing seeing them die and all the talented unique people being replaced by boring generic people. i'd want to have died with them.

i'd rather go shopping for spandex and plastic tuxedos with klaus nomi than blazer shopping with morrissey. there, i said it.

Even if one of the options is impossible for obvious reasons and the other one, in theory, still is possible?

there you go being morbid again

Not really.
Although I like it very much your imagination and fantasy, your affection for Klaus Nomi crosses the borders of time and death, as good literature does, I only mentioned another option that in theory might still be available for you. That's not really morbid to me, but maybe you think I am.
In any case, it was not deliberately meant as such.
Sorry if you felt it like that.

Not really.
Although I like it very much your imagination and fantasy, your affection for Klaus Nomi crosses the borders of time and death, as good literature does, I only mentioned another option that in theory might still be available for you. That's not really morbid to me, but maybe you think I am.
In any case, it was not deliberately meant as such.
Sorry if you felt it like that.
now you're being too cavalier. we dont just casually mention klaus nomi and death in the same sentence like that in the Official Klaus Nomi thread.

now you're being too cavalier. we dont just casually mention klaus nomi and death in the same sentence like that in the Official Klaus Nomi thread.

But the song is called "Death" and is sung by Klaus Nomi. I didn't bring up the word morbid to it.
I think it is brilliant and beautifully sung and I do understand other people find it morbid, and have that "uneasy" feeling about it, but not me.
It's not me trying to be cavalier about it, I just stumble through life, haven't a clue, making mistakes, regretting them, but not for too long cause there are all these other things that have to be done too.
:o

But the song is called "Death" and is sung by Klaus Nomi. I didn't bring up the word morbid to it.
I think it is brilliant and beautifully sung and I do understand other people find it morbid, and have that "uneasy" feeling about it, but not me.
It's not me trying to be cavalier about it, I just stumble through life, haven't a clue, making mistakes, regretting them, but not for too long cause there are all these other things that have to be done too.
:o
you're confused. no matter.
listen to this and report back to me your impressions. dont say 'no' and roll your eyes either!

you're confused. no matter.
listen to this and report back to me your impressions. dont say 'no' and roll your eyes either!

Confused? Yes. It happens.
Just a simple man, indeed!
I thought it was funny.
But I prefer "Death", I mean the song.
And the things you wrote about him.
They were touching and emotionally heartbreaking.

I noticed you are getting strict with me.
I could not suppress a smirk and possibly raised an eye-brow.
Can't say I dislike it.

Confused? Yes. It happens.
Just a simple man, indeed!
I thought it was funny.
But I prefer "Death", I mean the song.
And the things you wrote about him.
They were touching and emotionally heartbreaking.

I noticed you are getting strict with me.
I could not suppress a smirk and possibly raised an eye-brow.
Can't say I dislike it.
just trying to educate you in the ways of my klaus baby... so dont you go getting ideas, capiche?!

anyway, if you follow klaus' simple plan you yourself might end up having the same kind of luck with the ladies that klaus experiences at the end of the video. :thumb:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom