I like Klaus Nomi

by the wya, im sorry for being snarky with you when you gave me encouragement that i didnt deem practical. im a jerk, it's true. in truth, any kind of encouragement is nice!

I confess I didn't understand the bit snarky tone although my encouragement lacked a practical advise.
It was more before you could get to the stage of the practical in's and out's.
As they are more or less operational and deal with things like how to get in contact with the right persons giving you the info and the details. As Ketamine posted some very good advise about that.

I general can't completely understand why such an intelligent and intellectual girl like you displays such an uncertainty while at the same time I like your honesty and vulnerability about it.
You are very sensitive, I understand.

But, and it is a big but, just wipe all the uncertainties away, just do it! If you really want it.
I believe you can. To hell with what everybody, or somebody might be thinking or not thinking or criticising.
There will always be criticism.

One thing more though, I think you should try to explain, in your own words, what exactly IS so brilliant and great about Klaus Nomi. If you offer a personal insight it could just raise that much interest.
And nobody is only waiting for a detailed, accurate sum up of what happened to him.
Of course that can't be missing but that should be only the facts.
The interpretation is as important as such.

Again, I hope you are not thinking I am pushing you into something you, after much deliberation, don't want.
You'll be okay Rifke! Maybe the inspiration will get you to do something else.

I confess I didn't understand the bit snarky tone although my encouragement lacked a practical advise.
As they are more or less operational and deal with things like how to get in contact with the right persons giving you the info and the details. As Ketamine posted some very good advise about that.

I general can't completely understand why such an intelligent and intellectual girl like you displays such an uncertainty while at the same time I like your honesty and vulnerability about it.

But, and it is a big but, just wipe all the uncertainties away, just do it! If you really want it.
I believe you can. To hell with what everybody, or somebody might be thinking or not thinking or criticising.

One thing more though, I think you should try to explain, in your own words, what exactly IS so brilliant and great about Klaus Nomi. If you offer a personal insight it could just raise that much interest.
And nobody is only waiting for a detailed, accurate sum up of what happened to him.

Again, I hope you are not thinking I am pushing you into something you, after much deliberation, don't want.
havent i talked enough about what is so brilliant and great about klaus?!
should i restate? okay! my pleasure!
1) he's cuter than a bunny in a tea cup
2) he has rose petal eyelids
3) he's absurdly talented
4) he's an ethereal sylph
5) he wears sparkly (or are they lit up?) belts
6) he was friends with joey
7) he followed his dreams
8) he had a great accent
9) he was the owner of the highly sought after famous blue fuzzy
10) he's the only man i know who wore a plastic tuxedo
11) he had great legs and the cutest little hips
12) he baked pastries
13) he was self-taught
14) he had a great sense of fun
15) he was a total sweetheart
16) he rocks a receding hairline

also, in the words of olivia laing "he gave voice to what it means to be the only one of your kind'. when i first saw him-- when, that is, i looked him up on my own after hearing ketamine sun and g23 talk about him and feeling left out because i didnt really know who he was-- it was in the total eclipse video, and as soon as he got to the chorus part, i knew that i was witnessing something amazing. what it was, i wasnt sure. is it cool? is it a bit weird? what is it? but now i know that that's what i was seeing: someone giving voice to what it means to be the only one of your kind, and inherent in that--in his beautiful singing voice soaring elatedly between the octaves--validation for anyone else who might feel like the only one of their kind. if klaus says it's okay, then it must be. so theres that too.

also, he made pastries!

havent i talked enough about what is so brilliant and great about klaus?!
should i restate? okay! my pleasure!
1) he's cuter than a bunny in a tea cup
2) he has rose petal eyelids
3) he's absurdly talented
4) he's an ethereal sylph
5) he wears sparkly (or are they lit up?) belts
6) he was friends with joey
7) he followed his dreams
8) he had a great accent
9) he was the owner of the highly sought after famous blue fuzzy
10) he's the only man i know who wore a plastic tuxedo
11) he had great legs and the cutest little hips
12) he baked pastries
13) he was self-taught
14) he had a great sense of fun
15) he was a total sweetheart
16) he rocks a receding hairline

also, in the words of olivia laing "he gave voice to what it means to be the only one of your kind'. when i first saw him-- when, that is, i looked him up on my own after hearing ketamine sun and g23 talk about him and feeling left out because i didnt really know who he was-- it was in the total eclipse video, and as soon as he got to the chorus part, i knew that i was witnessing something amazing. what it was, i wasnt sure. is it cool? is it a bit weird? what is it? but now i know that that's what i was seeing: someone giving voice to what it means to be the only one of your kind, and inherent in that--in his beautiful singing voice soaring elatedly between the octaves--validation for anyone else who might feel like the only one of their kind. if klaus says it's okay, then it must be. so theres that too.

also, he made pastries!

This should all be in the blog and/or biography.
You should have kept it under your Klaus Nomi umbrella and not publishing it all here and now.
Now, please think about it carefully, if you find, or dig up anymore interesting details about Klaus or you have new insights, reconsider if you should publish them already or keep them for you blog or biography.
You are all giving it away to easily and that could undermine the surprise element too.
I believe that should not be underestimated.
Cheerio Rifke, I love your Klaus Nomi thread but don't give it all away for free! :thumb:

as for my uncertainty, well i know im smart so the uncertainty isnt there, and in fact, i guess i get resentful when people tell me im smart as if i didnt know. i've always been considered smart, though not perhaps in a practical, social way without which it doesn't have much currency, it just doesnt seem to count for much. and whenever i used to say i wanted to do anything i would get smirks or people acting like it was unrealistic. in retrospect, i dont know why. i mean, i hear about people doing all kinds of the things that i wanted to do, and for them its not so far fetched, so i really dont understand why ive been discouraged all my life and i guess thats where my uncertainty comes from: i dont have faith that the world will respond to any attempts i might make--it just wont respond at all and ill remain in a stagnant position forever. it's like a while back i had two jobs and i decided to quit one because it was really awful and i was working too much (and now im not working enough, and have too much free time), and i told my sister that with my new free time i would start reading more and perhaps try writing, and her response was "that's a good idea, get it out of your system". and i was like "huh?" why is it forever seen as something i must get out of my system when i want to get it into my system?!

This should all be in the blog and/or biography.
You should have kept it under your Klaus Nomi umbrella and not publishing it all here and now.
Now, please think about it carefully, if you find, or dig up anymore interesting details about Klaus or you have new insights, reconsider if you should publish them already or keep them for you blog or biography.
You are all giving it away to easily and that could undermine the surprise element too.
I believe that should not be underestimated.
Cheerio Rifke, I love your Klaus Nomi thread but don't give it all away for free! :thumb:
oh but i have tons more where that came from, and i have no qualms about pilfering this thread for klaus nomi related things to say on a blog (especially since the blog is to be created as a basis for getting kpeeps to talk to me and not really with any interest in an audience otherwise). besides, talking about it here gets me thinking about it and finding more things to say.

as for my uncertainty, well i know im smart so the uncertainty isnt there, and in fact, i guess i get resentful when people tell me im smart as if i didnt know. i've always been considered smart, though not perhaps in a practical, social way without which it doesn't have much currency, it just doesnt seem to count for much. and whenever i used to say i wanted to do anything i would get smirks or people acting like it was unrealistic. in retrospect, i dont know why. i mean, i hear about people doing all kinds of the things that i wanted to do, and for them its not so far fetched, so i really dont understand why ive been discouraged all my life and i guess thats where my uncertainty comes from: i dont have faith that the world will respond to any attempts i might make--it just wont respond at all and ill remain in a stagnant position forever. it's like a while back i had two jobs and i decided to quit one because it was really awful and i was working too much (and now im not working enough, and have too much free time), and i told my sister that with my new free time i would start reading more and perhaps try writing, and her response was "that's a good idea, get it out of your system". and i was like "huh?" why is it forever seen as something i must get out of my system when i want to get it into my system?!

But of course Rifke!
And how the hell were you supposed to get "it" out of your system if you didn't get it first in to it?
Like you needed some therapeutical advise. From who?
You are a writer. Period.
A writer wants to write. Period.
A painter wants to paint.
Etcetera, etcetera.

Don't ever explain it when somebody, anyone, starts asking smartass questions like why do you write?
Or ask them why are they doing what they are doing.
Why does the baker bakes bread?
Why does the carpenter is doing what a carpenter is supposed to be doing?
Only when you say you are a writer people are not satisfied when you say that is what you want to do.
To hell with them! :)

But of course Rifke!
And how the hell were you supposed to get "it" out of your system if you didn't get it first in to it?
Like you needed some therapeutical advise. From who?
You are a writer. Period.
A writer wants to write. Period.
A painter wants to paint.
Etcetera, etcetera.

Don't ever explain it when somebody, anyone, starts asking smartass questions like why do you write?
Or ask them why are they doing what they are doing.
Why does the baker bakes bread?
Why does the carpenter is doing what a carpenter is supposed to be doing?
Only when you say you are a writer people are not satisfied when you say that is what you want to do.
To hell with them! :)
yeah! :rock:

:o

All this mention of period makes me wonder......

I couldn't resist, back to hanging upside down with the bats where I belong.

so, okay, k-ket, this blog. i will post things like videos, and pictures, and maybe klaus quotes, or quotes from other people about klaus. and i can post other things too that might be of interest to anyone interested in klaus, like things pertaining to the east village new wave scene and it's players--things like that. also the recent relaunch of fiorucci is something i could have posted about (if i had had a blog at the time! i couldnt post about it now, i wouldnt want to risk being scene as not of the moment :p). do you think it's okay if when i post a video i write something about it, about my own feelings for it or observations about it, or what i thought when i first saw it, or something like that. i'll go to pains to make sure i dont come off as too soppy! i know when i talk about klaus i tend to end up sounding very basket-case, like someone who couldnt accomplish walking out of the house let alone taking on the gargantuan task of writing a biography, so i'll try to steer clear of that. or should i keep it free of my own thoughts? i think i'd really like to be able to share my thoughts on klaus, even if my blog only gets 2 visitors!

do you think i should also state outright in the "about me" or "about this blog" or whatever section that my aim is ideally to write a biography and that anyone who knew klaus or has any information on him is welcome to contact me? maybe i could make blog postings also about trying to write a biography, including of course, what coat one needs in order to be a serious writer!

now, does anyone know how to create a blog? i know nothing about hosts and domains and design and such, so i dont really know how to start.

I can't help with setting one up, I'm sure there are services out there for that. I would just think of the blog as a kind of calling card, so when you do come in contact with the right peeps, you can say... 'yes I love Klaus and here is my blog to prove it, also I'm interested in writing a book,would you like to contribute?' that kind of thing.

but anything of worth takes work.

I can't help with setting one up, I'm sure there are services out there for that. I would just think of the blog as a kind of calling card, so when you do come in contact with the right peeps, you can say... 'yes I love Klaus and here is my blog to prove it, also I'm interested in writing a book,would you like to contribute?' that kind of thing.

f***ing brilliant!
Thanks Ket for sharing! :thumb:

alas, i knowwwwwwwwww! waaaah

that whole album is genius!

this ones my favourite!

So beautiful, so simple and it just feels so natural.
Like water flowing. So easily done.
Really like this a lot.
Thanks Rifke! :thumb:

url.jpg

i cant decide whether this is too much information or not enough. all i know is it's a bit unexpected. i mean, i dont know what i expected to find under his tux, but it wasnt that. he's so damn cute though, even his bulge is cute. annnnnnnnd that marks the first time i've ever commented on a bulge, much less positively. i think i wont do it again. im a little uncomfortable now.

i cant decide whether this is too much information or not enough. all i know is it's a bit unexpected. i mean, i dont know what i expected to find under his tux, but it wasnt that. he's so damn cute though, even his bulge is cute. annnnnnnnd that marks the first time i've ever commented on a bulge, much less positively. i think i wont do it again. im a little uncomfortable now.
url.jpg

thanks rifke, now we know where he kept his aspic !

Back
Top Bottom