I like Klaus Nomi

i shouldnt say that about justin trudeau, it sounds like im making fun of him for showing emotion over a singers death, which would be grossly hypocritical of me. im not. i think it's great we have a president who shows emotion. i mean, could you imagine president putin crying over a singer?

i shouldnt say that about justin trudeau, it sounds like im making fun of him for showing emotion over a singers death, which would be grossly hypocritical of me. im not. i think it's great we have a president who shows emotion. i mean, could you imagine president putin crying over a singer?

'could you imagine president putin crying over a singer?'

while he's shirtless on a horse ? er.. yeah. ;)

o.k. another idea... start a Nomi blog/fan site, it'll take time but maybe you can get in touch with people who knew him that way, and they'll share stories on your site then you can ask them if you can use them in your book. This way you won't have to do as much work, though you may still need to make contacts and go to exotic places like Dusseldorf to interview dying relatives in hospices, so you got that to look forward too ! :lbf:

You may also want to launch a Kickstarter, because M told me he's not gonna fund your trip, in fear that you'll just stay home and blow it all on baklava instead !

:D;)

'could you imagine president putin crying over a singer?'

while he's shirtless on a horse ? er.. yeah. ;)

o.k. another idea... start a Nomi blog/fan site, it'll take time but maybe you can get in touch with people who knew him that way, and they'll share stories on your site then you can ask them if you can use them in your book. This way you won't have to do as much work, though you may still need to make contacts and go to exotic places like Dusseldorf to interview dying relatives in hospices, so you got that to look forward too ! :lbf:

You may also want to launch a Kickstarter, because M told me he's not gonna fund your trip, in fear that you'll just stay home and blow it all on baklava instead !

:D;)
aww M knows me too well! :(

i thought of that, but i havent a clue how to create a website. and suppose i only get 2 visitors? i may have a website but still no means to induce people who knew klaus to visit it. i mean, they might think my fan sites silly. i dont know! it might work for some people but i have no faith. in fact, it all just seems impossible. and i think it would be really upsetting to be shunned by people who were friends with klaus. i mean, it's kind of like being shunned by klaus himself. so i dont know if i even want to attempt it. if only i were an accomplished authour then maybe klaus' friends would talk to me :( or if i knew an accomplished authour. any of you accomplished authours?

suppose i "ran into" one of klaus' ny peeps on the street and told them that i was doing a "project" (which i think sounds to a stranger less "that's cute" than "biography") on klaus nomi and the east village new wave scene and asked them if they would grant me an interview or be a resource. what do you suppose they would say? "take off lady! im a very busy huma!"?

is this actually klaus?! what's he doing i wonder?!
2787_900.jpg

did we find him ?! is this a recent photo? 2017?! has he come out of hiding and here he's trying to camouflage himself in a crowd of European tourists ?

WE FOUND YOU MEISTER SPERBER !!! :love::D

suppose i "ran into" one of klaus' ny peeps on the street and told them that i was doing a "project" (which i think sounds to a stranger less "that's cute" than "biography") on klaus nomi and the east village new wave scene and asked them if they would grant me an interview or be a resource. what do you suppose they would say? "take off lady! im a very busy huma!"?

so i guess your concern is, being taken seriously. That's why I thought a blog would help, so peeps can see that you are serious and that you do care about preserving the legacy/history of Klaus and his work.

I think if you were just persistent(annoying) enough, people would after a while realize you were serious and not just crazy.

so i guess your concern is, being taken seriously. That's why I thought a blog would help, so peeps can see that you are serious and that you do care about preserving the legacy/history of Klaus and his work.

I think if you were just persistent(annoying) enough, people would after a while realize you were serious and not just crazy.
ah! so being annoying is a good thing! and here i was thinking i should try to avoid that! oh, ketamine_sun there is so much i dont know! like, for instance, how does one be persistent without being considered a stalker or without making the person feel harassed? i definitely do not want to harass any of klaus' peeps. and yet there is value in being persistent. so where do you draw the line? also i still havent yet figured out how im going to find them. i wonder how the people who made the nomi song got in contact with all of klaus' gang?maybe i should try to contact the people who made the nomi song and ask them!

i getcha now about the website! i think that is what i must do. but help me, if you can, to envision it. is a blog not just like a journal? so would i make daily or weekly klaus themed postings? or would i just set it up and leave it static? what kind of things would i fill it with? klaus videos and pictures? does it matter if they're not my own but rather just ripped off from other people on the internet?

although i was thinking about it, and i dont think klaus' east village circle have any business not taking me seriously as a writer, because when they all went to new york at lot of them didnt have any experience doing anything, and were all self taught like klaus. basquiat, for example, was in a band and he didnt even know how to play any instrument. so if they dont take me seriously with what im doing then they're just hypocrites who have forgotten the whole spirit of the east village scene, and i will just have to tell them that! maybe ill write about it in my blog! that'll show them!

ah! so being annoying is a good thing! and here i was thinking i should try to avoid that! oh, ketamine_sun there is so much i dont know! like, for instance, how does one be persistent without being considered a stalker or without making the person feel harassed? i definitely do not want to harass any of klaus' peeps. and yet there is value in being persistent. so where do you draw the line? also i still havent yet figured out how im going to find them. i wonder how the people who made the nomi song got in contact with all of klaus' gang?maybe i should try to contact the people who made the nomi song and ask them!

i getcha now about the website! i think that is what i must do. but help me, if you can, to envision it. is a blog not just like a journal? so would i make daily or weekly klaus themed postings? or would i just set it up and leave it static? what kind of things would i fill it with? klaus videos and pictures? does it matter if they're not my own but rather just ripped off from other people on the internet?

although i was thinking about it, and i dont think klaus' east village circle have any business not taking me seriously as a writer, because when they all went to new york at lot of them didnt have any experience doing anything, and were all self taught like klaus. basquiat, for example, was in a band and he didnt even know how to play any instrument. so if they dont take me seriously with what im doing then they're just hypocrites who have forgotten the whole spirit of the east village scene, and i will just have to tell them that! maybe ill write about it in my blog! that'll show them!

don't know, guess if it's done with charm and not too heavy handed, depends on the particular peep you're trying to squeeze for that Nomi juice, you gotta read them quick and see what they can handle in regards to how strong you should or should not come on with your interest/persistence. It's a lot about trust too, and if you get the right K'peep to trust you, then they may refer you to other K'peeps that they think would be interested in telling their stories.

the blog would take longer but then you can show the peeps that your intent is serious, or that it's just a stepping stone to writing the book. The thing would be a collection of all things Nomi, so pillaging the internet would only make sense.

Yeah, if they see your enthusiasm I don't think being a 'professional writer' would matter, I think it comes down to trust, do they trust you enough to open up and tell their stories and making or spending the time to do so.

don't know, guess if it's done with charm and not too heavy handed, depends on the particular peep you're trying to squeeze for that Nomi juice, you gotta read them quick and see what they can handle in regards to how strong you should or should not come on with your interest/persistence. It's a lot about trust too, and if you get the right K'peep to trust you, then they may refer you to other K'peeps that they think would be interested in telling their stories.

the blog would take longer but then you can show the peeps that your intent is serious, or that it's just a stepping stone to writing the book. The thing would be a collection of all things Nomi, so pillaging the internet would only make sense.

Yeah, if they see your enthusiasm I don't think being a 'professional writer' would matter, I think it comes down to trust, do they trust you enough to open up and tell their stories and making or spending the time to do so.
i guess ill have to research how to start a blog, since i know nothing! i just worry that it will be really pathetic. anyway, ill think about how to do it, and in the future i may need your input (or feel free to volunteer any ideas you might have for it) so watch this space!:p

depends on the particular peep you're trying to squeeze for that Nomi juice
:lbf:

right, i should start with one of the kpeeps that maybe dont have so much going on. it's just a guess, but paige wood seems like he might have some spare time. so, it's like this, i talk to him and then he calls kenny scharf and joey, et al and persuades them to talk to me. that's gotta be how it works, yeah? yeah, it was wrong to think i could start at the top with joey. gotta set my sights lower at first. once you get joey, you're in. oh how i would love to just sit and listen to joey tell stories about klaus! :love:

well thanks, ketamine sun, you're a dream! i dont know what i'd do without you to talk to about this!

look! bunny emojis!!!! >>>>>:rabbitface::rabbit:how did i not know those existed?!?!

so, okay, k-ket, this blog. i will post things like videos, and pictures, and maybe klaus quotes, or quotes from other people about klaus. and i can post other things too that might be of interest to anyone interested in klaus, like things pertaining to the east village new wave scene and it's players--things like that. also the recent relaunch of fiorucci is something i could have posted about (if i had had a blog at the time! i couldnt post about it now, i wouldnt want to risk being scene as not of the moment :p). do you think it's okay if when i post a video i write something about it, about my own feelings for it or observations about it, or what i thought when i first saw it, or something like that. i'll go to pains to make sure i dont come off as too soppy! i know when i talk about klaus i tend to end up sounding very basket-case, like someone who couldnt accomplish walking out of the house let alone taking on the gargantuan task of writing a biography, so i'll try to steer clear of that. or should i keep it free of my own thoughts? i think i'd really like to be able to share my thoughts on klaus, even if my blog only gets 2 visitors!

do you think i should also state outright in the "about me" or "about this blog" or whatever section that my aim is ideally to write a biography and that anyone who knew klaus or has any information on him is welcome to contact me? maybe i could make blog postings also about trying to write a biography, including of course, what coat one needs in order to be a serious writer!

now, does anyone know how to create a blog? i know nothing about hosts and domains and design and such, so i dont really know how to start.

shoud i use title "do you nomi?" for my blog title too?
should i use my own name? or should i make up one? can i call myself Madam Des Esseintes?!

Yes.
No.
Yes. :)
Can't you use the blog on this site?
You already made one blog post which I liked. ;)

Yes.
No.
Yes. :)
Can't you use the blog on this site?
You already made one blog post which I liked. ;)
goddamnit, no, gerrit! it has to be professional! it has to be something i can write on a card and give to people and be like "i'd like to invite you to my website" like this creepy security guard i knew who used to do that while looking people up and down (his website was some sort of mind over matter nonsense presenting itself as "scientific"). i of course am not going to look people up and down when i give them my card.
although, gosh, gerrit, it would be so much easier if i could just use the blog here. this technical stuff stresses me out. davidt, you know what you're doing, set me up with my own site! ahaha.....

what do you think k_s?! should it be a seperate site, or can i just use the blog here?

by the wya, im sorry for being snarky with you when you gave me encouragement that i didnt deem practical. im a jerk, it's true. in truth, any kind of encouragement is nice!

Back
Top Bottom